CNN thinks "Thomas the Tank engine" and "Paw Patrol" are fascist shows

It doesn't matter that you understood each other. His comment was a stand alone post from early in the thread. You stated that part was incorrect, when in actual fact it is the closing argument of the article. Argue the merits of this garbage article all you want, but you are incorrect in what you said.

No, I didn't say it was incorrect. I excluded it from the subject matter of my post.

Understand the difference? Excepting that part of the article, the rest of it is correct. That is not the same as "that part of the article is correct/incorrect".

Now, exclude the part about "white and male" from the post that I was responding and then you'll realize that my response was spot on, which he understood and agreed with.

You are being a bit sensitive here. I think you're upset about the Jingle Bells thread and it's leading you to read things into my posts in thread that simply aren't there. When the person I was responding to understood what I was saying, I feel comfortable stating that this time the misinterpretation is solely with you.

No, I didn't say it was incorrect. I excluded it from the subject matter of my post.

Understand the difference? Excepting that part of the article, the rest of it is correct. That is not the same as "that part of the article is correct/incorrect".

Now, exclude the part about "white and male" from the post that I was responding and then you'll realize that my response was spot on, which he understood and agreed with.

You are being a bit sensitive here. I think you're upset about the Jingle Bells thread and it's leading you to read things into my posts in thread that simply aren't there. When the person I was responding to understood what I was saying, I feel comfortable stating that this time the misinterpretation is solely with you.

b255ee30d4dcd5db4e40216f9c8375a3.gif
Painful_9ae133_5562933.gif

there will probably be a paw patrol meme war and CNN will speak about it.

what a time to be alive

meh i have 3 cats and 2 goldens.. id say they are about the same...its nice not walking a cat out in the cold or rain though
Cats can be trained to shit in a box, and even then they do not do that all the time.

Meanwhile dogs can learn commands, go get the duck I just shot, and are not vindictive assholes that claw and bite their own owners for no apparent reason (usually).

Plus you spray a dog enough times in the face with water for chewing on the sofa they'll stop, cats... keep clawing at it like motherfuckers.

So, correct me if I’m wrong, but the takeaway I got from the article is that children crave media that promotes a simple to understand order, or “fascism”, and that’s not ok, so long as the authoritarians are white and male? The last paragraph seemed to imply that “fascism” is fine for children, though, so long as the authority promotes a more diverse working environment?
Because then it becomes communism. The right kind of totalitarian ideology.

In fact the article is not that ridiculous. Yes order and stability are part of fascism. But it falls into the fallacy that anything related to fascism is bad. Hitler didn't like tobacco, so anti-tobacco ads are hitlerist. That's the same kind of thinking in the article.

Because then it becomes communism. The right kind of totalitarian ideology.

In fact the article is not that ridiculous. Yes order and stability are part of fascism. But it falls into the fallacy that anything related to fascism is bad. Hitler didn't like tobacco, so anti-tobacco ads are hitlerist. That's the same kind of thinking in the article.
I know, I was poking fun at the author for using “fascism” in the title, because the actual content is relatively boring. Of course children like simple hierarchies of responsibility. That’s what they have with their parents. A boring title doesn’t sell as well, though.

I’m assuming you meant this in a more hyperbolic way as a response to Amerikuracana, but there were some pretty objectively outrageous aspects of the article. The use of the word “fascist” for one is absurd. To say that children’s programs feature authoritarian figures, because children respond well to them, is an interesting point to talk about, but Sir Topham Hatt is hardly convincing kids to suppress any opposition to the fatherland of Sodor.
I mean.... and this lady actually clearly believes this stuff....

I actually agree to the extent that "fascist" is overused.

But can you imagine how many clicks this article would get if it was titled: "Why Your Children May Be Inclined Toward Hierarchical, Egocentric, and Morally Simplistic Narrative Structures And How This Has Clear Political Implications in Pedagogical Development and Could, But Probably Won't, Result in Any Effect on Their Political Disposition Later in Life: A CNN Article." ?

A republican thread bitching about paw patrol lol.

I've seen it all now.

Only a brain injured and/or brainwashed person could possibly believe that CNN leans as far and as consistently to the left as Fox does to the right. Get a fucking grip.

Ah yes the left that believes their side is fair and balanced.

Last edited:
I actually agree to the extent that "fascist" is overused.

But can you imagine how many clicks this article would get if it was titled: "Why Your Children May Be Inclined Toward Hierarchical, Egocentric, and Morally Simplistic Narrative Structures And How This Has Clear Political Implications in Pedagogical Development and Could, But Probably Won't, Result in Any Effect on Their Political Disposition Later in Life: A CNN Article." ?
I mean, personally I feel like the article itself was unnecessary from the start. Of course children respond well to a well defined hierarchy of authority, that lends itself well, from an evolutionary perspective, to societal learning. Assuming, however, that the article needed to be written, and needed to sell clicks, why not something like:

“How Do Your Child’s TV Shows Determine Their Future Political Beliefs?”

Short, sweet, to the point, plays on parents insecurities about their child being raised without their input, doesn’t misuse an already too frequently misused term

I mean, personally I feel like the article itself was unnecessary from the start. Of course children respond well to a well defined hierarchy of authority, that lends itself well, from an evolutionary perspective, to societal learning. Assuming, however, that the article needed to be written, and needed to sell clicks, why not something like:

“How Do Your Child’s TV Shows Determine Their Future Political Beliefs?”

Short, sweet, to the point, plays on parents insecurities about their child being raised without their input, doesn’t misuse an already too frequently misused term

Remember when people freaked out because they thought one of the teletubbies was gay? Lol.

Now they'd freak out if one of them wasn't gay.

Just a weird new world.

Remember when people freaked out because they thought one of the teletubbies was gay? Lol.

Now they'd freak out if one of them wasn't gay.

Just a weird new world.
People like to get upset, the high psychological arousal followed by a release can be pleasing. Doesn’t mean everything people get upset over needs to be taken seriously
<Fedor23>

People like to get upset, the high psychological arousal followed by a release can be pleasing. Doesn’t mean everything people get upset over needs to be taken seriously
<Fedor23>

And who tells people what to get upset about?

It's not bought and paid for media is it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back