CNN thinks "Thomas the Tank engine" and "Paw Patrol" are fascist shows

I watch a lot of both. CNN is extreme left. It way out-wings Fox. CNN is just terrible.

I rarely watch either anymore, but I believe it as ever since Trump has been in office a lot of the hardcore leftists have become incorrigible cry babies.

I rarely watch either anymore, but I believe it as ever since Trump has been in office a lot of the hardcore leftists have become incorrigible cry babies.

I watch both a ton because I'm always at the gym. When the leftist manager is in, one of the tvs is always on CNN. Fox is on less, but I see it more and more - I guess people working out are growing in their disgust for CNN. Lemon and Cooper have a lock on most-biased evening shows in history.

After reading it, I thought it was a pretty good article.

The title is hyperbolic and insane, but the content is actually digestible.

"This is an age group that is constantly dealing with all these negative feelings in themselves. 'Am I good?' 'Am I bad?' They are trying to figure out what that means," Klein said.
These shows also help children navigate their paradoxical relationship with power. On one hand, they desperately want some power. Watching the pups in "Paw Patrol" go on a mission or the trains in "Thomas" being useful allows them to feel as though they too have an important role to play.
On the other hand, children take comfort in the idea that someone is in charge. To them, Ryder isn't a megalomaniac, and Sir Topham Hatt of "Thomas" isn't a neocolonial autocrat. They're just the guys delegating responsibilities to their eager inferiors. And the fact that these leaders, both white males, look like most figures in position of authority in the real world is not lost on children."

I
never really though about it like that, granted I'm not batshit insane like most CNN followers... but it's true I suppose.

And then I got to this little gem:

Here's an idea, gratis, for the creative team behind of "Paw Patrol" and "Thomas," should they want to broaden their appeal to parents without alienating their fan base: Ryder and Sir Topham Hatt retire and are replaced by their equally domineering sisters. This, in turn, boosts the social status of all the non-male characters. Children would still get the satisfaction of immersing themselves in an orderly universe where rules are rules, and everyone is in his or her place. Just without the white guy on top.

Its for under 3s. Why would i care.

zari-sesame-street-e1460073546395.jpg

When "praise Allah" are your grandchild's first words you'll wish you had not been so tolerant.

I watch both a ton because I'm always at the gym. When the leftist manager is in, one of the tvs is always on CNN.

I wonder what percentage of Trump supporters understand the difference between a person who is "left of me" and a person who is "a leftist"? Probably a very low number.

I wonder what percentage of Trump supporters understand the difference between a person who is "left of me" and a person who is "a leftist"? Probably a very low number.

All you need to know is: vote Trump (in next election). Your life will be better.

Merry Christmas!

I watch both a ton because I'm always at the gym. When the leftist manager is in, one of the tvs is always on CNN. Fox is on less, but I see it more and more - I guess people working out are growing in their disgust for CNN. Lemon and Cooper have a lock on most-biased evening shows in history.
there's a revolution going on in the gym. the critical thinkers want to watch FOX news <mma3>

Anyone that turns to Murdoch media hoping to be informed about anything is delusional, which is likely why they think CNN criticising Trump is "left wing".

CNN thinks anything right of fucking trannies is "fascist".

Jesus Christ, CNN.

Are you trying to prove Trump right?

Jesus Christ, CNN.

Are you trying to prove Trump right?

Did you even read the article? Huh? Did ya!?!

Well,....not the whole article, but the stuff that doesn't make the writer seem crazy. Did you read those parts, and ignore the rest? It's a pretty good article, as long as you cut out the crazy parts that undermine the entire thing, and make the writer seem like a typical loony Liberal. When you think about it, other than the loony Liberal parts, its really not a loony Liberal article, and CNN totally doesn't have an agenda by printing it.

Did you even read the article? Huh? Did ya!?!

Well,....not the whole article, but the stuff that doesn't make the writer seem crazy. Did you read those parts, and ignore the rest? It's a pretty good article, as long as you cut out the crazy parts that undermine the entire thing, and make the writer seem like a typical loony Liberal. When you think about it, other than the loony Liberal parts, its really not a loony Liberal article, and CNN totally doesn't have an agenda by printing it.

Deconstructing the narrative of children's television and framing them in the context of mid 20th century European fascism seems pretty loony to me, and quite frankly a waste of time and effort.

This is the state of contemporary "news", and its abhorrent.

I lol'ed in real life, at work when this dumbass called Thomas the Tank Engine "divisive". Feminism is cancer.

lol please. the internet and conservative publications are filled with people who cry and whine about feminist anti-male agenda because there are now female characters in movies and video games that are not complete helpless and submissive. so there are plenty of dumbasses on both sides

Back