CM Punk on Colby Covington: It's racist. I get what Colby is doing but I don't appreciate it.

Do you agree with CM Punk on Colby Covington?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get what youre saying but the definition of the term has come to include ethnicities and nationalities.

UN definition:

the term "racial discrimination" shall mean any distinction, exclusion, restriction, or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin that has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life.

British Law:

Racial group: any group of people who are defined by reference to their race, colour, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origin".[21]

I have argued this before and again last night about racism being more than colour, wasted too much time actually. I think it is mainly Americans confuse the term but certainly that ignorant and narrow definition is not exclusive to them. In Europe people are constantly being subject to racist abuse and discrimination despite being the same colour and religion as their new country, usually White Christians. I have seen slogans put on Polish, Romanians and Lithuanians homes saying 'foreigners out' or 'locals only', some will argue this isn't racism, it is just anti immigration. BUT it is technically and legally racism and feels like it to them but especially if it specifically targets and singles out them 'No Polish' 'Romanian Out' for example.

That example is a general racism towards Baltic and Eastern Europeans but I think there is many people that will blanket general racist comments or opinions towards South America, there doesn't need to be a specific 'Race' to be racist in fact your average Racist isn't that intelligent and can't pick up on the multicultural and diverse make up of most Nations, they can easily fire out ignorant general stereotypes to a group of different people as if they are all the same. There is some educated and professional white Brazilians that will be racist towards those that live in the favelas, possibly even calling them filthy animals. Colby just isn't that bright or specific enough, the fact that a lot on here will use this to argue again and again just highlights they are not worth our time.

Calling Kaep a "spineless sack of shit" should be galling, an offensive statement beyond the pale. Sadly, being a crude imbecile is in vogue with certain people.

It's not specifically racist but the support for Trump and the thinking that would cause someone to call him that are racist.

The same as fixating on Obama's birth certificate wasn't specifically racist, but it wouldn't have happened if not fuelled by racism.

So Snoop thinking all white people look alike ISN'T racist?

But yet somehow people this some of the nonsense Colby posts WAS?

Someone please explain that to me. I ain't reading 12-13 pages of triggered PC shit either. What exactly in the OP makes anyone feel justified in calling Colby racist? (which several postures did).
(Not stupid, not brash or inconsiderate... racist)

I have seen slogans put on Polish, Romanians and Lithuanians homes saying 'foreigners out' or 'locals only', some will argue this isn't racism, it is just anti immigration. BUT it is technically and legally racism and feels like it to them but especially if it specifically targets and singles out them 'No Polish' 'Romanian Out' for example.

Well, this countries have exported a big chunk of their population in the West, a very mixed crowd at best.

Your foreign ass won't have a warmer welcoming in the East in a similar situation, just like the Eastern countries weren't happy about their refugees quota and are fighting it tooth and nail.

It's a mechanism of defence in front of an aggression on the work market, cultural identity, access to resources etc.

If you want to call it racism, fine. But then the word becomes unspecific. You could be racist towards another man simply because he does your job for less money, because he litters the streets or because the subway is more crowded.

He knows what he's doing

He's not stupid, he's being subtle with it but there are hints of racism in some of his tweets and words. But he's never said something that can be classified as outright racist so he has plausible deniability. Woodley is going to destroy this dude and I'll be happy when it happens.

These bitter trumptards will claim racism doesn't exist, regardless of what the real world shows us.

We know who you trumptards are. Born into the highest, most privileged socioeconomic class in the world, yet still not smart enough to make anything significant of yourselves. So then you turn around and blame it on the Mexicans and blacks and pretend racism doesn't exist, to make you feel better about your own shortcomings.

Well I've got some bad news, your "blame everything on the mexicans" messiah is in trouble, and you wont be able to hide from your failures much longer...
Actually, I see a ton of oil burning hoopties with “Trump Is My President” stickers. Seems like white trash constitures majority of Trumps supporters; even demographic stats attest to that, displaying lowest levels of education, so I think that goes against your statement of Trump supporters coming from elite socioeconomic circles. Sure, some do, but majority don’t.

Hmm... I don't see racism...I just see a juvenile asshat craving attention.
This post prrtty much nails it. He was way More racist in Brazil when he called a stadium full of Brazilians filthy animals

Colby is basically spouting off Fox News talking points bc he thinks controversy will make him popular. His fights aren't entertaining enough for him to be popular without controversy.

Pat Tillman was a hero, but his widow has came forward saying that Pat would support those kneeling for the anthem, just like the guy who killed Osama Bin Laden. Meanwhile, Trump doesn't know what colors are in the flag or the words to the anthem. He also loves Tim Tebow, who was the first guy to kneel for the anthem.

Pat Tillman also didn't want his image or name used for propaganda purposes.

So fuck Colby basically.

Totally understand where CM is coming from with regards to Colby and also get Colby's character he chooses to plays, and I'm not a fan. But I'm gonna find out real soon if he really can fight better than he talks....

He’s not racist. He’s just trying to be Conor McGregor, but doesn’t know how to do it right because he has no (lucky) charm.

He’s trying to be the bad guy, but it’s all so over the top that what he’s doing just looks obvious, cheesy and contrived. He’s like a fucking rom-com.

So Snoop thinking all white people look alike ISN'T racist?

But yet somehow people this some of the nonsense Colby posts WAS?

Someone please explain that to me. I ain't reading 12-13 pages of triggered PC shit either. What exactly in the OP makes anyone feel justified in calling Colby racist? (which several postures did).
(Not stupid, not brash or inconsiderate... racist)
Lol read the op at least holy shit. I swear some of you just come here to be outraged. What he said wasn't that bad, people just blew it up. Punk is a whiny annoying, pretend fighter, but I don't think that revokes his freedom of speech. Besides he didn't outright call Colby racist, it was kind of implied, but not really. He calls the actions racist, but he goes on to say he knows what Colby is doing (a shtick, an act, fake) and says he doesn't appreciate it. Also in the OP, TS doesn't agree. He's just made the thread. Again proving your willful ignorance.

So neither called Colby a racist (Punk or TS), yet you came in here with your matter o fact attitude. I didn't read it all either and may have missed some of the posters who called Colby a racist, but I didn't come in here completely ignoring the op and other posts like your ignorant ass. Next time read a little before making yourself look like an asshole

race card is thrown around WAYYYY too much these days

Liberals always cry racism even though they say the most racist shit. You got mods on this forum calling posters rednecks, hillbilly's, KKK members etc.. just because they don't like Kaeperdick.

Why is a 0-2 pussy that would lose against everybody in the woman's straweight division still relevant?

Racism?

Where?

Nowadays the bar set for that word is very low.

Indeed, it's like the boy who cried wolf. Unfortunately there is still racism that exists in the US, although it's gotten much tamer in the last 20 years. The problem is when you start calling EVERYTHING racist, you lose credibility. Most people are getting weary of the race card being overplayed. It's completely lost it's stigma.

Indeed, it's like the boy who cried wolf. Unfortunately there is still racism that exists in the US, although it's gotten much tamer in the last 20 years. The problem is when you start calling EVERYTHING racist, you lose credibility. Most people are getting weary of the race card being overplayed. It's completely lost it's stigma.
Exactly.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back