Chuck Liddell on why he doesn't like GSP and Jones playing it safe

Forget chuck he don't fight . Stfu is what I say

True but that's with a full training camp & game plan. Both GSP & Jones are "strategy" fighters. Both will get you down, both will beat you up, one will finish.

Chuck is 100% correct with GSP and Jones.

Chuck is not 100% correct and the comment is ridiculous.

Jones took Gusmao on short notice and took Vitor on short notice. GSP himself use to fight in some back room fight leagues to make it into the UFC as did jones.

Both Jones and GSP are two guys before they met jackson were scraping it up for dollars in small fight orgs for cash.

Cut it out,

Last edited:
Times change. Chuck's one of my all time favs but if he'd been a little smarter about fighting he probably would have added to the length of his career.

Jones is probably the best at fighting smart yet still keeping it exciting most of the time.

LOL seriously?

Jones is one of the most dangerous and devastating fighters the sport has ever seen.

Why is Belfort on this list?

Belfort wanted Fedor, he accepts challenges like Fedor or Jones. Name somebody better than them that's turned down. Mousasi has done nothing at MW. Why does he deserve Vitor? I'd love to see it and TRT Belfort is a monster, he'd wreck Mousasi.

Now that the rematch is on, I'm sure the UFC will make this fight.

True but that's with a full training camp & game plan. Both GSP & Jones are "strategy" fighters. Both will get you down, both will beat you up, one will finish.

Chuck is 100% correct with GSP and Jones.

Jones' strategy seemed pretty basic, albeit effective, when he got around to fighting Chael.

Chuck is not 100% correct.

Jones took Gusmao on short notice and took Vitor on short notice. GSP himself use to fight in some back room fight leagues to make it into the UFC as did jones.

Chuck got his start from Tito Ortiz.

Both Jones and GSP are two guys before they met jackson were scraping it up for dollars in small fight orgs for cash.

Cut it out.

How've the times changed since one of them met Jackson. Both are great champions and are THE BEST in their division at whey they do. There's no disrespect from mine or Liddell's opinion.

Belfort wanted Fedor, he accepts challenges like Fedor or Jones. Name somebody better than them that's turned down. Mousasi has done nothing at MW. Why does he deserve Vitor? I'd love to see it and TRT Belfort is a monster, he'd wreck Mousasi.

Now that the rematch is on, I'm sure the UFC will make this fight.

Mousasi was ranked no. 3 in the division before Belfort had ever fought there. He beat Lombard, knocked out Jacare, beat Kang when it was still impressive, handled Manhoef, then moved up to LHW cuz he was bored.

How've the times changed since one of them met Jackson. Both are great champions and are THE BEST in their division at whey they do. There's no disrespect from mine or Liddell's opinion.

Nothing changed, they are still fighting and fighting with more structure. They found new coaches who have structured their lives as has every Champion in the UFC.

Every champion game plans and every champion has structured MMA coaches and structured strategies on how to win the fight.

So what about shogun turning down Glover, is shogun in the same boat. Every fighter has done it, Machida turned down jones on 1 month notice.

So now we are getting into todays MMA fighters.

Last edited:
Chuck's a fighter, St. Pierre and Jones are sportsmen/businessmen.

Chuck is not 100% correct and the comment is ridiculous.

Cut it out, the bravado on sherdog is comical. Everyone has a big dick on here after chuck made a comment about this silly shit. GSP and Jones use to scrap it up in smaller fight leagues, cut it out.

Chuck got his start from Tito.

Mousasi was ranked no. 3 in the division before Belfort had ever fought there. He beat Lombard, knocked out Jacare, beat Kang when it was still impressive, handled Manhoef, then moved up to LHW cuz he was bored.

I'm fine with Belfort vs Mousasi NOW that the rematch is on. If it wasn't, Belfort deserved his shot. That's all I'm saying.

I'm fine with Belfort vs Mousasi NOW that the rematch is on. If it wasn't, Belfort deserved his shot. That's all I'm saying.

If he fought off TRT, sure. His streak was extremely impressive, but tainted.

Nothing changed, they are still fighting and fighting with more structure. They found new coaches who have structured their lives as has every Champion in the UFC.

Every champion game plans and every champion has structured MMA coaches and structured strategies on how to win the fight.

So what about shogun turning down Glover, is shogun in the same boat.

At the time Glover was a nobody to most fans. Just because he wrecked Kingsbury, he deserves Shogun? :eek:

At the time that fight made absolutely no sense. However if Glover and Shogun win, I'm all for a 5 rounder between them. Glover would be the favorite but not by much.

Don't get this Jones hate. He is one of the most exciting champs we have right now.

Doesn't mean he's not a good fighter, but it's more of a mind set thing. I'm not even a big Chuck fan - he was shot by the time I got into the sport - but the dude lived to fight. It was who he was. Jones is a beast of a fighter, but I don't get the same vibe from him as I do from Chuck.

Don't get this Jones hate. He is one of the most exciting champs we have right now.

Jones is my favorite fighter. Taking a fight on short notice is bad business, so he didn't do it.

I'm saying Jones and St. Pierre look at the sport differently than a guy like Liddell. There's nothing wrong with either viewpoint, in my opinion.

At the time Glover was a nobody to most fans. Just because he wrecked Kingsbury, he deserves Shogun? :eek:

At the time that fight made absolutely no sense. However if Glover and Shogun win, I'm all for a 5 rounder between them. Glover would be the favorite but not by much.

So let me get this straight Grinding

Shogun ducking Glover is not similar to what jones did with chael ? Could it be that Shogun is in your sig that you feel that way.

Shogun did the same thing as jones. Jones turned down fighting on 8 days notice and actually wanted to fight cheal after the fact. Shogun wanted nothing to do with Glover and said he was not interested in the fight and made it known he did not want to fight Glover for whatever reason.

Now supposedly Shogun was different, Grinding I see your fandom coming out. All of sudden Glover was a nobody and someone Shogun should not have fought.

I kinda agree with him. But he comes from a different era.

GSP is probably the most well rounded fighter this sport has ever had. Yet with all his strengths and advantages why can't he open up more and take more risks? because he plays it safe. He's become too mechanical, but it keeps him winning.

Chuck sounds more coherent here than he did a few years ago.

ONE MORE FIGHT!
ONE MORE FIGHT!
ONE MORE FIGHT!

Back