Chuck Liddell on why he doesn't like GSP and Jones playing it safe

obviously many fans do like him that's why he is so popular. but there is a growing number that are getting frustrated with his cautiousness.

His PPV numbers have remained steady. Other top fighters not so much.

Chuck was the man and that attitude was why that generation of MMA was awesome.

I get why fighters take less risks now, but it is nowhere near as enjoyable as the way MMA was in the mid 2000's. Champs fought the guy across the cage, even if that got changed along the way.

Anyone anytime anyplace has become handpicked opponents only after a 12 week camp with no injuries in my hometown.

If it were a "real fight", Nick would have been unconcious when Georges picked Nick up off his feet and slammed him face first into the concrete sidewalk

I never get why 'street fights' always happen on hard surfaces. Why the fuck can't people fight on grass? Dumbasses...

Says the guy who got KTFO five out of his last six fights... There's a difference between "playing it safe" and "playing it smart". Play it smart and you remain the champ, you stay healthy, you have a long career. Play it dumb and you lose brain cells and end your career.

I never get why 'street fights' always happen on hard surfaces. Why the fuck can't people fight on grass? Dumbasses...

You don't think the ground is hard?

Everybody loved watching Chuck fight...only Canadians (and lovers of ground control and jabs) love watching GSP fight

'nuf said

What scientific method did you employ to decide who likes to watch GSP or not? You are so sure, I'm guessing that your opinion is based on something more than your own bias, right?

So, tell me how you verified that hypothesis of yours?

If Chuck,Wand,Rampage and Shogun fought like GSP the UFC/MMA would not be mainstream. Fact.

Chuck is right to an extent but he still lives within his ego. If you are champion sometimes you gotta show how bad ass you are but within reason.

GSP is GSP and he does shut down his opponents. He may not take as many risks but he does scrap it up in the ring. I can see if GSP blankets fighters but GSP does scrap in the ring.

In regards to jones, Jones coach was against the idea of jones fighting on 8 days notice. So chuck is talking about Jones who was listening to Jackson telling him not to take the fight and who pretty much mimics Jacksons every word. If jones took the fight on 8 days notice he would have been going against Greg Jackson.

There are bits and pieces of the issue that he is not really touching on.

Well said, this thread should now be closed

Back