Chris Weidman "Im a good enough striker to not get KO'd by Anderson"

His corner is going to tell him not to strike with Silva and go for the take-down. I don't think he's going to throw anything too committed and trade. If Anderson stuff's his take downs and hurts him his confidence and game plan will dwindle rapidly. I don't understand anyone in MMA saying they are a good enough striker to not get Ko'd by Anderson when the Ko's come from Jabs, front kicks, Knee's, reverse elbows, and most important failed take downs. I have not seen Weidman rocked yet and how he reacts. Does he have Fedor survival instincts? Will he turtle up? We have seen Anderson eat Bombs and get taken down only to Sub or neutralize his opponent. There is a lot of unknowns with Weidman.

Holy fuck, I never realized how fucking slow Munoz winds up for that punch.

Sorry Chris, no you're not.

Truth. In pure striking terms no one from Overeem/JDS down should be saying they are good enough not to get ko'd by Anderson, I'm not a huge fan, but he is incredible.

"HATE THIS GUY FOR SAYING HE WON'T LOSE!!! WHAT A JERK AND A SCUMBAG!!" -Sherdog

You're right in the sense that anyone can be KO'ed. Anderson is such a creative striker, but, it takes him a bit to get started. You have to pressure him. If you give him time as many have done, it ends quickly.

leites, maia, and cote gave him plenty of time. Its when you pressure him that he counter strikes and finishes from what Ive seen of him.

leites, maia, and cote gave him plenty of time. Its when you pressure him that he counter strikes and finishes from what Ive seen of him.

I mean pressure in a Chael sense.

.......................I knew it Weidman is working on mirroring Spiders moves with longer reach Spider might not hit the target this time. Fronk kick Weidman OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH :icon_lol:............................maybe.

I don't think so. He's in danger wherever this fight goes. He's best bet is to be very aggressive with takedowns. In other words, try and do what Chael did. That includes not getting knocked out or subd.

Annnddddd sttiiilllllllll......
The undisputed UFC MW champ of the worldddd....

Andersonnn "the Spiiiddeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" Silvaaaaaaaa

IMO, he should reconsider some of his words. Anderson is living legend, this dude has 9 fights to his name.

Back