Chris Weidman "Im a good enough striker to not get KO'd by Anderson"

Chris Weidman's mouth is writing a check his ass wont be able to cash

I literally don't know how weidman could be anymore respectful but silva fanboys still get their panties in a bunch. Anything other than a fighter saying they will get brutally kod by silva is construed as caukiness

Even good stand up guys get KO'd. I do not think Weidman is better than Vitor on the feet, and we saw what happened there. So its nice to be confident, but the truth is Weidman needs to absolutely respect Andersons stand up game. The idea shouldnt be coming into the fight he is good enough to stand with him and not get ko'd, but rather Anderson is a beast in all departments and he will need to be as prepared as humanly possible for a champion the likes of Anderson Silva.

SODACKER, Weidman isn't a good enough striker to not get KO'd by Silva. I don't think such a person exists at mw atm.

That doesn't mean its a forgone conclusion that he will be knocked out.

video-anderson-silva-vitor-belfort-ufc-126.gif

Vitor is a better striker than Chris, this is what happened. Now would that for sure happen if Vitor fought Silva again? Probably not, least not in the same manner but come on now.

SODACKER, Weidman isn't a good enough striker to not get KO'd by Silva. I don't think such a person exists at mw atm.
You're aware there are a number of fighters who were not KO'd by Anderson, correct?

You're aware there are a number of fighters who were not KO'd by Anderson, correct?

So you didn't understand what i meant then okay, guess I'll explain it.

Weidman isn't a good enough striker, to the point of where there is no chance Silva KO's him. Not saying Weidman, or anyone else is suggesting that, but just clearing that up. Weidman should know damn well, if he strikes with Silva, there is a good chance he is getting knocked the fuck out.

I didn't mean, Silva has KO'd every middleweight on the roster, or even everyone he has fought obviously.

I literally don't know how weidman could be anymore respectful but silva fanboys still get their panties in a bunch. Anything other than a fighter saying they will get brutally kod by silva is construed as caukiness

He's being criticized for his comment because he equates how good ones striking is with Andersons ability to KO them.

the fuck is even wrong with you shertard clowns. Weidman has confidence in himself and said that he can avoid getting ko'd. You kids take that and get so offended by it and start pouring hate into your keyboards. Half the people on this site seem incapable of expressing their opinions without resorting to insults. Screw you guys.

that being said, I think Chris wins this one. He's a stylistic nightmare for Anderson and I think he can take him down and hold him there.

Weidman countered Munoz well, however Munoz throws some of the widest punches around. Quite sloppy really. The punch he threw that got him dropped came from his knees and looped all the way around. Munoz was also controlled pretty well by Okami in the wrestling department.

I didn't see the Maia fight so I can't form an opinion on that.

I've gotta think AS takes this fight, but who knows? It's MMA, shit happens.

Agreed. Weidman's stand up skills are underrated. Weidman can easily KO Anderson standing and on the ground.

Silva's only hope is a lucky submission off his back but Weidman's submission defense is second to none. I really hope Anderson wins but Weidman is too deadly everywhere, I'm scared about this fight. Weidman is an absolute destroyer.

Your post is laughably naive. Who has shown that Anderson can be 'easily' KO'd? Especially Wiedman who has exactly 1 KO on his fight record and 2 TKO's. You guys are acting like he has run through the who's who of MW and destroyed them all. He's fought 9 times and his most impressive win is against ring rusted Munoz back from injury. Could Wiedman win? Sure. Anything can happen in a professional fight, but saying that he could "Easily KO Anderson" is borderline retarded based on the fact that Anderson Silva has never been KO'd/TKO'd in 37 MMA fights. Wiedman is "Too deadly everywhere", good grief.

The sensitivity to such an innocuous comment is pretty amazing.

So what about Vitor, and Rich??? They're good enough strikers and what happend to them

So if silva comes out and says he is a good enough striker to not get knocked out by weidman I would expect the same shit storm right? I mean anyone can get knocked out.

So if silva comes out and says he is a good enough striker to not get knocked out by weidman I would expect the same shit storm right? I mean anyone can get knocked out.

Anyone can be knocked out, that's correct.

Back