Chester of linkin park dead

Do you ever wonder if fear of being labeled a weak, selfish piece of shit is what creates the stigma that stops people getting help?

People who look at the rich successful musician and just see money and fame are missing the point.
Linkin park are not as popular as they were and its been obvious for years chester has all but lost his voice...its fine to say he was succesful in life, rich, popular etc. but his career has been on a downwards trajectory for a long time and i guess when you can no longer be the person you thought you were that can be hard to deal with.
Maybe suicide is selfish but the people who achieve the highest highs in life generally are focused on themselves and block out other people to focus on their art, probably why so many succesful artists kill themselves when things take a downturn in their career.

Having had an ex who fitted the profile of intelligent, popular, all to live for cliche commit suicide i think the best thing people can do is consider that stupid comments like those above just add to the stigma of depression and stop people getting help.

Its pretty clear that you have never been touched by whatever possesed chester or the countless others who have gone down that path or been tempted or you wouldnt say the things you do. I'm not mad, i used to think the same, but just like every other disease or affliction until it strikes you or a loved one it doesnt seem real.

Hopefully some good can come of this and his death can help another generation of people talk about suicide and maybe help remove some of the stigma.

Cliffs:--eurggh i sound like a fucking emo, but this is an important subject and this guy is a dick

Im not a dick at all. Feel free to read all of my comments in this thread before passing judgement

Just read on yahoo. Sucks pretty bad. He was an awesome singer.

He was very agitated lately because fans didn't appreciate his new music and were criticizing him for 'selling out'. I think that had something to do with it.

Or ya know, maybe it had something to do with his close friend Chris Cornell committing suicide just months ago and it was his bday today.

Brutal.

DFONzU1XsAEZKVN.jpg:large
The one thing funny about that (if you can call it funny) was that was the number to the Veteran's benifits... one day they switched the number to the suicide hotline without any notice

He was very agitated lately because fans didn't appreciate his new music and were criticizing him for 'selling out'. I think that had something to do with it.
I haven't listened to them since metora. Their music since then is terrible. But I don't get mad when bands change. People mature, things change. It is what it is.

Im not a dick at all. Feel free to read all of my comments in this thread before passing judgement

I respect that you mention your own struggles however as someone who has seen why people would cross that line i do not understand why you are so quick to judge those that cross it??

The one thing funny about that (if you can call it funny) was that was the number to the Veteran's benifits... one day they switched the number to the suicide hotline without any notice

Makes sense. In the US, I think the stat is 22 veteran suicides per day.

I respect that you mention your own struggles however as someone who has seen why people would cross that line i do not understand why you are so quick to judge those that cross it??

Because depression is a mental toughness game. It's difficult to wake up everyday and live life knowing you're not happy at all.

I strongly believe he was on drugs when he committed suicide and I dont believe it's a coincidence he killed himself on his friends birthday.

I stated before in this thread that I would hate to feel so low where the only option I could rationalize to rid of myself of this pain is to kill myself.

I would never wish that on anybody.

Im not judging him for feeling this way but I am judging him for quitting on his children and family.

It's the most selfish thing to do. His children will grow up without him which I strongly believe is the last thing he wanted.

He has now ruined his families live, not his own.

Damn... I've become so numb...

Edit - Just wanted to add this.

Yeah, I am a dick, and I was also a Linkin Park fan in the early to mid 2000s.

Am I sad about Chester's suicide? Yeah, I am. But I'm far more pissed off.

He, just like Chris Cornell, had a wife and kids, millions of fans, friends and bandmates, and was wealthy and successful. So.... WTF? What is going on in their mind they just can't get the fuck over? And yes, it's just in their fucking mind.

We all act like people that become depressed and then commit suicide, like it just happened to them as if it was a disease that killed them instantaneously. No, its a concious choice. Get some fucking help.

And as we've seen now, there's a goddamn domino effect. Suicides are inspiring other suicides, and by hanging... anyone else notice that's becoming a trend? Thanks David Carradine and Robin Williams, what a way to go. I wish ODing on pills was still in style so the question remains if it was intentional or not.

So yeah, at first I was numb and made a joke. Now it's sunk in and I'm pissed off.
Well he was molested a lot when he was younger, that might have something to do with it, but in the end it doesn't even matter.

there has to be something on celebrities rich and famous motherfuckers offing themselves
a wealthy person is far more likely to commit suicide than a poor person. something about having to struggle keeps somebody's head in the game. once you get rich you start to wonder about deep shit like the meaning of life and then its off the rails.

RIP

One of the best. I listened to them when hybrid theory and meteora came out. I liked their transformers songs as well.

Most of his music spoke to you about his troubles. Wish he would have gotten help though.

Well he was molested a lot when he was younger, that might have something to do with it, but in the end it doesn't even matter.

I can relate. This is the reason why im very defensive now in life and im quick to anger where I will physically hurt someone for any reason. It is the reason why I have trust issues and why I dont have friends now.

It brings me to tears just talking about it. I hate it.

Because depression is a mental toughness game. It's difficult to wake up everyday and live life knowing you're not happy at all.

I strongly believe he was on drugs when he committed suicide and I dont believe it's a coincidence he killed himself on his friends birthday.

I stated before in this thread that I would hate to feel so low where the only option I could rationalize to rid of myself of this pain is to kill myself.

Im not judging him for feeling this way but I am judging him for quitting on his children and family.

It's the most selfish thing to do. His children will grow up without him which I strongly believe is the last thing he wanted.

this is the correct answer, had a friend that did it 20yrs and his mother is still a mess, ruined her life forever

I'm so so on Linkin Park, but I honestly do feel bad for Chester. But Jesus Christ what a fucking mess his family and kids must be going through. I hope he thought long and hard about it.

To feel weak and helpless to unknowingly let someone take advantage of you when you dont realize what's going on cause you're just a fucking child is the most painful thing to carry in life.

What hurts more is when you can't talk or tell anyone cause people will fucking judge you.

a wealthy person is far more likely to commit suicide than a poor person. something about having to struggle keeps somebody's head in the game. once you get rich you start to wonder about deep shit like the meaning of life and then its off the rails.
Yep, the clueless people tend to be the happiest.

RIP to Chester. Guess it won't be much fun watching that parody video anymore.....

The career flop of One More Light seems why, imo.

I've never seen such an iconic rock band receive so much shit for an album release, not even Metallica's Load or Lulu come close.

The number of pissed off fans who turned on Linkin Park and flooded their social media with venom must have been overwhelming, but who really knows.

What I do know is a highly successful father of 6 just doesn't off himself without his world caving in and being set on fire.

Last edited:
Y

Maybe I'm wrong, but one thing I can tell you for an absolute fact, if there was more anger in the reaction to a suicide, perhaps they wouldn't be so fucking glorified. Yeah, I said it, they've become glorified. It trends on twitter, several dedications are made, celebrities say how it's a tragedy he's gone... but no one ever says 'This tragedy was self-inflicted. Chris Cornell was a fucking asshole for killing himself and leaving his daughters, wife, parents, friends, and fans to wonder "Why? Why did he abandon us?"

Perhaps that'll get the message across to would-be suicides that if you off yourself, you'll be remember as an asshole.

I don't think you understand suicide at all.

Oh shit I'm an ass. Before opening thread I was like, had to have been suicide. It would go with his angsty teen music. Open thread and . . . Yikes!!! s:

You never liked Linkin Park at all? :eek:

However, i do apreciate the irony of me calling you a dick when you clearly have issues

I do not agree with you and i never will, however, given the context of our disagreement i think it may be inapropriate to continue an arguement.
I think suicide is very sad and whilst those left behind are victims too, nobody kills themselves on a whim. You are winning your battle, congratulations, i wish you continued success, but maybe stop being so unsymapathetic to people who suffer similair afflictions.

Back