Chester of linkin park dead

Damn... I've become so numb...

Edit - Just wanted to add this.

Yeah, I am a dick, and I was also a Linkin Park fan in the early to mid 2000s.

Am I sad about Chester's suicide? Yeah, I am. But I'm far more pissed off.

He, just like Chris Cornell, had a wife and kids, millions of fans, friends and bandmates, and was wealthy and successful. So.... WTF? What is going on in their mind they just can't get the fuck over? And yes, it's just in their fucking mind.

We all act like people that become depressed and then commit suicide, like it just happened to them as if it was a disease that killed them instantaneously. No, its a concious choice. Get some fucking help.

And as we've seen now, there's a goddamn domino effect. Suicides are inspiring other suicides, and by hanging... anyone else notice that's becoming a trend? Thanks David Carradine and Robin Williams, what a way to go. I wish ODing on pills was still in style so the question remains if it was intentional or not.

So yeah, at first I was numb and made a joke. Now it's sunk in and I'm pissed off.

Stages of grief lol. Isn't the next one bargining?

Suicide has always been a social disease. The method is socially garnered acceptance, it allows for a 'good' death. There's no such thing as free will son, it ain't about choice.

e4135406951feb9b6bd685ef019e8d06.png

Oh my gosh! How sad. I never listened to their music, but remember many others enjoying it greatly. On a crazy note, I've had the craziest saying in my head all week, "Chester the child molester". Why the heck I don't know. I'll have to tune in to some psychic shows this week. Maybe is Shirley MacLaine is available for consultation. If there is a spirt world, my spirit advisor needs to work on providing greater detail! With him sadly having been molested as a child. Details make a difference. It really does.

Sad situation all around.

It seems like some people are still under the impression that depression (and mental illness in general) isn't a real disease. You have as a good a chance of getting rid of depression by "cheering up" as you would a heart attack or a broken arm.
yeah, it is a disease. and you get professional help for it, not abuse drugs and alcohol.
what do you do when you have a heart attack or a broken arm? stress your heart or bang up your arm even further?

Tough day for you. You also lost your buddy TrippleOG today. Now known as TrippleRIP
Wrong thread for that, probably. I didn't really know trippleOG. However, he shared some values so he got some "likes" out of me.

yeah, it is a disease. and you get professional help for it, not abuse drugs and alcohol.
what do you do when you have a heart attack or a broken arm? stress your heart or bang up your arm even further?
What professional help is there for mental illness? I've known quite a few people that go to an institution only to come out worse off. As has been stated in this thread, it still seems the average Joe has no idea what mental illness is like.

What professional help is there for mental illness? I've known quite a few people that go to an institution only to come out worse off. As has been stated in this thread, it still seems the average Joe has no idea what mental illness is like.

It can open up even more stuff, so a person could be worse off for awhile.

no need to go to an institution. he was depressed, not schizophrenic or some shit like that. and he is not an average Joe - he had all the money in the world to seek proper help, not self-medicate with drugs and alcohol.

no need to go to an institution. he was depressed, not schizophrenic or some shit like that. and he is not an average Joe - he had all the money in the world to seek proper help, not self-medicate with drugs and alcohol.
... once again, you don't understand depression... They send depressed people to an institution every day

... once again, you don't understand depression... They send depressed people to an institution every day
ok, had no idea people go to mental institutions for depression.
my original point still holds though - when you have a health problem, you seek professional help, not self-medicate with drugs and booze.

I am never one to judge. I saw LP live several times and watched how they got better over the years. 2 years ago I sang into chesters mike we were so close to the stage. He looked at me and I could tell his expression said "Isn.t this the coolest job in the world?" I don't know his demons, my only thought is that whatever pain he was in, he had 6 kids. My love for mine would force me to get help if I was that deep. I know people say in his state he might have thought they were better off without him....but I know in my case I would see through that. Suicide is never the answer, never glamorous, always permanent.

ok, had no idea people go to mental institutions for depression.
my original point still holds though - when you have a health problem, you seek professional help, not self-medicate with drugs and booze.

It's not so black n white.

Let's go CT for a moment here. Him and Cornell were friends. Presumably their wives were friends. What if their wives were having some secret lesbian affair and conspired together to off them both for their money?

I am never one to judge. I saw LP live several times and watched how they got better over the years. 2 years ago I sang into chesters mike we were so close to the stage. He looked at me and I could tell his expression said "Isn.t this the coolest job in the world?" I don't know his demons, my only thought is that whatever pain he was in, he had 6 kids. My love for mine would force me to get help if I was that deep. I know people say in his state he might have thought they were better off without him....but I know in my case I would see through that. Suicide is never the answer, never glamorous, always permanent.

How would you know that without actually feeling the way these individuals do? It's really easy to say you would power through in a tough situation, but until you wake up everyday feeling like someone depressed does, you dont know.

Was a huge fan when they first came on the scene. Seen them live 3 times always put on a good show.

Shocking ... sickening ... disturbing. Rip

This one is disturbing with the connection to Cornell. Him seeing his friends family left in shambles after his death goes and does the same to his wife and kids... All the talk to someone if you need help sentiment I'm sure was spoken about disregarded.

I've Been a single parent since my son was 8 months old(now 3) marriage that only lasted 5months/debt ect after wife decided coke and dudes with money were > family .... I never considered such actions even though my life seemed completely fucked.

Wish there was more knowledge and explanation as to how someone's brain can make life seem that dire.

Suicide has always been a social disease. The method is socially garnered acceptance, it allows for a 'good' death. There's no such thing as free will son, it ain't about choice.

No. Suicide is an act, a choice is made to commit the act. A disease is transmitted from one person to another.

And read your post again, doesn't it seem watered down? It's not what you'd say to someone that's depressed.

"Suicide has always been a social disease."

"There's no such thing as free will son, it ain't about choice."

"The method is socially garnered acceptance, it allows for a 'good' death."

That last one is particularly damaging, because we're not talking about people in the hospital suffering over something that's killing them slowly.

Your post is drenched with nihilism.

So.... why shouldn't people kill themselves? I mean, if they're in 'pain' yet perfectly healthy, why not? If you're depressed, and have been for a long time, that means they're always going to be depressed so they might as well end it.

I hope you're never in speaking distance of anyone that's contemplating suicide.

No. Suicide is an act, a choice is made to commit the act. A disease is transmitted from one person to another.

And read your post again, doesn't it seem watered down? It's not what you'd say to someone that's depressed.

"Suicide has always been a social disease."

"There's no such thing as free will son, it ain't about choice."

"The method is socially garnered acceptance, it allows for a 'good' death."

That last one is particularly damaging, because we're not talking about people in the hospital suffering over something that's killing them slowly.

Your post is drenched with nihilism.

So.... why shouldn't people kill themselves? I mean, if they're in 'pain' yet perfectly healthy, why not? If you're depressed, and have been for a long time, that means they're always going to be depressed so they might as well end it.

I hope you're never in speaking distance of anyone that's contemplating suicide.
she's the woman who convinced the bf to commit suicide so she could play the grieving gf.

Back