Chester of linkin park dead

The one to blame on this incident is himself.......everyone knows what drugs can do to you.....and here it is.. ..suicide

I have been deeply moved by a few Linkin Park songs, and Chester Bennington struck me as the kind of guy who took all the bullshit in the world to heart, which might leave one in a perpetually depressed state. Most of us don't even see what's going on in the shadows, but I believe he did.

I don't know why he killed himself, but I know he's not having to deal with any bullshit anymore.

It's really weird, I was just watching a mercedes benz commercial with a linkin park song in it then 2 days later linkin park frontman is dead.

Yea because his music was clearly positive & not disturbed, good call son.

His music were always poppy and teen angsty for me, like you'll able to move on when you turn 25, bruh
Shuddup when I'm talking to uuuu

Last edited:
I thought the lead singer was Japanese.

Complete and total despair and hopelessness
which leads to you not being in a right state of mind. Yes people are conscious in terms of getting through the day to day but they are not themselves.

I've had a relapse of major anxiety and panic attacks this past week and it is literally hell for me atm. Just barely staying above.

trying to do what I need to do to get through this but it is hard and I'm scared at times of the thoughts that are coming in to my head (albeit briefly).

Very sad. I used to like them as a kid, saw them live and loved it.

Rip.

which leads to you not being in a right state of mind. Yes people are conscious in terms of getting through the day to day but they are not themselves.

I've had a relapse of major anxiety and panic attacks this past week and it is literally hell for me atm. Just barely staying above.

trying to do what I need to do to get through this but it is hard and I'm scared at times of the thoughts that are coming in to my head (albeit briefly).
A lot of people are doing this.

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. I've been there before, and eventually you'll turn the corner. Just keep as active as possible, that helps a bit. Send me a pm if you ever need to talk or someone to vent to.

I still can't get my head around this. I was a big fan of LP during my teens/early 20's, and I never knew he had depression, childhood abuse etc.. People say "oh he had money", but depression isn't something you magically fix. Who knows what kind of help he tried, and it just wasn't enough?

People like to say that severe depression is a chemical imbalance or an "illness". Yes, negative events and things influence people's emotions and the way they think. These feelings release different chemicals, and over time change the body's chemistry so that one becomes accustomed to the way they feel physically and emotionally, which influence each other and become intertwined and become hard to distinguish which influences the other.

In the earlier stages of depression it's easier to snap yourself out of it. However, the more stress, negative influences in life, or willingly drowning yourself in negativity takes place, the more your mind and body become addicted to the way you "feel" and you become a slave to it. Some people have the will to overcome depression and the physical and mental feelings, and some don't.

It all is decided by the mind and the decision one makes to overcome negativity in their life and mind or not. We don't know.....maybe Chris and this dude (sorry I never got into this band, just felt a couple of their lyrics "what I've become" and "come so far but doesn't matter anyway" or something) had complete cunts as wives weren't satisfied with with what they had since their peak of success, or maybe they lived their lyrics instead of letting it out as therapy like Eminem for example (he's who comes to mind first), for whatever reason they didn't deal with it the way they could have and chose to drown instead of bringing themselves back up, whether for themselves or the people in their lives.

I've had thoughts of holding the 3 " nail gun to my head almost daily for a couple of months now because of certain pressures in my life, but I know I can never do it because I love my wife and daughter and the other people who might think of me once in a blue moon and feel hurt or just say "huh, he was ok sometimes". I have to believe I can overcome whatever life hands me, and find happiness, if even only for a second each day.

I feel pain for both of them and the people they left behind. I hope they all find their peace.

Sorry for the rant. I just have deep feelings on this subject that I don't talk about.

I feel bad for him and what he went through, no matter who it is it's horrible. But i'm not going to pretend I liked Linkin Park though, they played at a festival and I didn't even watch.

A lot of people are doing this.

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. I've been there before, and eventually you'll turn the corner. Just keep as active as possible, that helps a bit. Send me a pm if you ever need to talk or someone to vent to.
Thanx - I'm actively trying to do what I need to do.

I spent Tuesday in ER. i was able to get in to my regular doctor later that day (he squeezed me in at the end of the day). I've been on Pristiq since Dec to help manage the anxiety. But noticed about a month ago that I started getting major anxiety attacks here and there.

Long short is I'm on some more medication to help ease the anxiety and help me sleep - but it really wipes me out but it is helping.

Going to start seeing a CBT ASAP.

Thanx for the offer and concern. If I am feeling like venting I will send you a PM. Just waiting for the med to kick in so I can sleep.

Committed suicide

Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington has reportedly committed suicide at age 41, according to TMZ. TMZ reports Bennington hung himself at a Palos Verdes Estates residence in L.A. County. Billboard has reached out to reps for the band and authorities for confirmation.

Bennington struggled with drug and alcohol addictions at various times during his life. He was married and is survived by six children.

Just came here to make this thread. UNBELIEVABLE :(!!!!!!

I can't believe this. ...

RIP Chester.

Last edited:
I commented in this thread earlier today but didn't really get a chance to analyze everything. Been listening to LP all day and it brought back a lot of memories. Kind of transported me back in time to different moments in my life.

Now I loved David Bowie, I loved Prince, and I loved Chris Cornell. But I didn't really have a connection with what they were saying, just really enjoyed their music and talent. With LP and Chester specially I actually connected with his stuff. Yeah I know it's just "angsty teenage shit" but I was an angsty teenager/young adult. I had a shit relationship with my parents at the time cause my Dad married a controlling religious wacko who ran the show, and my mom was a total mess and was physically aggressive to say the least. I dated girls that walked all over me and I had low self esteem and depression issues. For a few years I listened to Hybrid Theory and Meteora religiously and I totally related to a lot of the lyrics and songs. I even went to Ozzfest in shitty ass Rancho Cucamonga to see them specifically even though I hated all the other bands there (Slipnot, Marylin Manson, etc.).

I kind of stopped listening as religiously when I started maturing a bit and started smoking weed which calmed me down. They still had a lot of singles I liked and listened to a lot (What I've done, Bleed It Out, Shadow of the Day, New Divide, The Catalyst, Waiting for the End). If you listened to Rock/Alt Rock radio they were a staple and had a ton of hits (they've sold over 70 million albums). It's just crazy to me a guy that had so much to live for and who's music helped a lot of people who were in a low place at one point or another (including myself) took his life. I also can't shake the Chris Cornell thing. He's Chris's kids godfather, sang at his funeral, killed himself on Chris's birthday, and killed himself the same way Chris did. Just kind of bizarre IMO, but that's not what matters now.

RIP Chester, you went way too young but you inspired a ton of people around the world and you will live on through your music. Caught this song off their new album which I really liked. Seemed appropriate.

No. Not Chris Cornell.

I'm saying those who are depressed, admire Chris Cornell, and see his memorials, can.

And now depressed fans of Chester may fall under the same influence.

How is that so hard to understand? We're talking about people with their brain chemistry being completely off and committing suicide, yet you believe a celebrity they admire committing suicide is a complete non-factor in their decision to commit suicide?

This isn't hard to understand, but you're trying hard to not understand it.

That's 2 separate things. You're tying to place blame on someone that was ill.

If someone kills themselves because their favourite celebrity committed suicide then it's likely this person was already suffering some underlying mental illness.

I do believe that too many people make excuses for suicides after the fact. Normalizing the act of giving up like the person has no control on the decision to end their life is a problem.

“Killing oneself is, anyway, a misnomer. We don't kill ourselves. We are simply defeated by the long, hard struggle to stay alive. When somebody dies after a long illness, people are apt to say, with a note of approval, "He fought so hard." And they are inclined to think, about a suicide, that no fight was involved, that somebody simply gave up. This is quite wrong.”

Back