Elections Challenger to Elizabeth Warren's Senate seat uses sign calling her "fake Indian"

Shake-My-Head-Reaction-Gif.gif
One is a republican? Help me out fella.

Let me ask this- if Warren did nothing wrong, why is the Cherokee nation offended by her?

Hold on.....I'm going to ask them that question....I'll get back to you ASAP.

HlIUTey.gif

So she didn't say she was Indian? That part is certainly true. And there is zero credible evidence of her claim.

"At some point after I was hired by them, I also provided that information to the University of Pennsylvania and Harvard,’’ she said in a statement issued by her campaign. "My Native American heritage is part of who I am, I’m proud of it, and I have been open about it.’’

^^ that is fuckin stupid. Take the test then.
nah she didnt say she was indian. She said she was native american. I don't think she said any of her ancestors were from the indian sub continent.

One is a republican? Help me out fella.

One was a teenager trying to further her education. The other is our POTUS who has no problem with telling lie after lie after lie.

huh? When has she proven or recanted her claim?

[quote[Are you aware she was also a law professor?

You said they were comparable because they were both politicians lying to advance themselves. But the claim that she lied to get into Harvard would have taken place decades before she was a politician.

Regardless, white folks arbitrarily claiming non-white lineage for novelty is fucked up. But your claim is inaccurate, and the reality of her claims (really misstatements as much as anything) is hardly, hardly enough to compare her to morally bankrupt politicians, let alone the king of them in Trump.
yeah it is fucked up when white people claim native heritage but its just as common for blacks to do, and at least equally if not more fucked up in some cases. The thing is though I doubt either are lying in general, just misinformed by family folk lore by their parents. This is probably the case with warren, but she should know that culturally she isnt native.

My GF is Native American... The Cherokee Nation paid for her Masters Degree at SU. :-/

Good for her. Cherokee Nation didn't pay for any of my college . . . the Masonic Lodge paid for a bunch though.

Yeah, adults don't pick leaders based on whether immature dorks will try to make fun of them. They also don't pick leaders based on how much it will totes trigger said immature dorks.

Are you from the US?

Trump-satanic-smile.jpg

Aside from Pocahontas's cultural appropriation, there's another reason Dems should ditch her: she's just too easy to make fun of. Like, she is living proof that bullies are necessary. She is just so goofy! Imagine the memes, with her goofy little glasses falling off when she gets mad... LOL!

084.gif

Friendly advice: Consider Kamala Harris instead. Republicans will hate her, and she will not be a perpetual meme cow like Elizabeth Warren.

giphy.gif

Folks already hate Harris . . .

Hold on.....I'm going to ask them that question....I'll get back to you ASAP.

HlIUTey.gif
What am I supposed to do now? Respond with a racist pic of some minority you champion?

What am I supposed to do now? Respond with a racist pic of some minority you champion?

It would help if you showed me how Cherokee Nation is upset with her.

They may be, but a source would help.

Go call a native American Indian and see how it goes for you.

Happens all of the time . . . to me and my family. We've survived and so have the folks (other Indians) who say it.

American Indian as a complete term is less common. Most native people i've ever known will say just "native" or maybe indian, and then follow from that point by using their specific nation.
"I'm native."
"What tribe?"
"______" or "______ nation".
"Indian" is a tricky word though. It's fine a lot, if not most of the time, but definitely not all of the time.

Not all of the time? When wouldn't it be fine?

We haven't changed the name from Indian Territory to Native American Territory . . . yet. :)

We still say Indian Taco. We still call them Indian Cemeteries. Still use Certified Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB) . . . the BIA and IHS recognize Indian Preference when hiring someone.

Indian Health Service - http://www.ihs.gov . . . been that way since the 50s. I haven't heard about the Agency changing the name yet. I figure the Feds would lead that charge if it truly was an issue with tribal leaders.

I can't remember ever saying I'm Native American . . . I also say I'm Indian. Then if asked I mention my tribe.

I guess it could be different depending on what part of the country you're in though.

Not all of the time? When wouldn't it be fine?

We haven't changed the name from Indian Territory to Native American Territory . . . yet. :)

We still say Indian Taco. We still call them Indian Cemeteries. Still use Certified Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB) . . . the BIA and IHS recognize Indian Preference when hiring someone.

Indian Health Service - http://www.ihs.gov . . . been that way since the 50s. I haven't heard about the Agency changing the name yet. I figure the Feds would lead that charge if it truly was an issue with tribal leaders.

I can't remember ever saying I'm Native American . . . I also say I'm Indian. Then if asked I mention my tribe.

I guess it could be different depending on what part of the country you're in though.
Are you offended that Warren believed a family story about being a small part Indian?

Are you offended that Warren believed a family story about being a small part Indian?
The story about her family enduring racism but surviving it all with love? Yeah, sort of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back