Chael drops podcast co-host Joel "The Godfather" Suprenant

Why doesn't Sonnen Cohost with Big Ferg or that manlet fat 185er who got in trouble with USADA.

Schaub & Callen are actually pretty good. I hate the phaggy cartoons of themselves they put on their twitter feed. They aren't a pair of homos. Callen & Schaub go hunting in the woods for deer & bear and talk about dumb vegans and that sort of stuff.

Is Callen a legit UFC fan. He was saying he was there when Couture beat Belfort in 1990s.

They are still all better than Rogan's podcast. Who the fuck wants to listen to Gary Vaynercuck.

The last 2 chael episodes have actually been with Coach Huey about GGG/Canelo/Klitshko current events of boxing.

20121209-232659.jpg

Last edited:
Chael opened up his podcast Wednesday announcing Joel "The Godfather" Suprenant is no longer his co-host.
He said they got in an argument in the car & Joel pulled the car over, got out & said "I'm done" & walked away.
Chael said he assumed he meant the podcast & they didn't talk for days & in a curse filled text, Joel said he will be back Tuesday to record the podcast, but CS told him to stay home.

Joel was annoying as fuck & often came in with wrong info, but I started enjoying him on the show.

Also knowing CS, this can all be a work.

I wouldn't be surprised if everything between these two was WWE style fake to get listeners. But either way listening to these two talk was really awful. Chael gets old because he talks like a slimy used car salesman. He just sounds so fake all the time like every word is measured to try to be as entertaining as possible. Joel just sounded dumb and I could never tell if he was actually annoyed at Chael or if he was just making it all up.

I cant see why WWE wouldnt actually use some shitty Chael podcast storyline feud with Jericho is Talk podcast.

One of the ads on his podcast says "This company paid less than $2000 to advertise on this podcast". It was some medical or comfort product. I dont know how long the ad run is or keep count. He does plugs during the show as well.

If CS only makes $750 for his podcast, he makes an extra $100k a year & he certainly makes more than that.

People think Joel is just some random guy he brought on but as a listener to all the episodes, Joel was actually there in the very beginning of team quest, I believe he bought an empty garage for them all to be training in, and Joel is actually real good friends with randy and Hendo.

Joel and chael met while Joel was still a collegiate wrestler, so I believe they've been friends for almost two decades. Chael has shown many times to be a dick to him but also a good friend, literally being The one dropping Joel off on his first day of prison and picking him up on his last day.

Joel didn't have money to take his son to the World Series and chael bought them tickets. And I've spoken with Joel before and he told me he wasn't getting paid When he first started showing up on the podcast but gradually started getting paid for episodes he is on.

They bicker a lot, but then again you and a friend you've known for almost 20 years can just as easily bicker the same way, and chael is smart to push Joel's buttons knowing it's good for ratings, and Joel is dumb enough to fall for it almost every time but at the end of the day they still have the history between them that makes the chemistry more organic than other podcast duos. I mean, how many podcast partners can really say they've known each other since college?

I haven't seen that ITT

Not in this thread but generally from the threads I see about his podcast everyone is saying stuff like who the hell is that random guy or similar stuff like that. It was mostly a few months back when Joel was just getting settled in

Like they would be arguing and the guy would clearly be very upset, and it would seem like they were coming up to some kind of middle ground agreement, then Chael would say something trolly just to wind him up again - Not a very sincere person
Pure sensitivity from an Arsenal fan

Not in this thread but generally from the threads I see about his podcast everyone is saying stuff like who the hell is that random guy or similar stuff like that. It was mostly a few months back when Joel was just getting settled in

Well, that is to be expected.
He is not a known name.
But posting that ITT, made it seem like you meant here & IMO more knew him than I thought.

The World Series tix thing was a great story

Dude always reminded me of Gary/Larry/Jerry from Parks and Recreation because of the baffoonary. In fact that's who I always pictured when he'd talk. Didn't surprise me when he actually ended up looking quite a lot like him in the end.

Well, that is to be expected.
He is not a known name.
But posting that ITT, made it seem like you meant here & IMO more knew him than I thought.

The World Series tix thing was a great story

The overall vibe I was getting in this thread is people not knowing the history they have, such as one poster saying he's only there to make chael look smart, and chael is mean and slimey towards him, etc.

There's only two reasons Joel would let chael talk to him that way, or chael would talk to anyone that way (he's always polite to every guest), and that is that it's all a work, or they go way back and always bickered like this way before the podcast.

I'm the biggest jerk and talk the most shit to my closest friends, and I'm very cordial and polite to acquaintances or coworker's, etc.

Chael & his co-host have a really good boxing discussion on Thursday's episode

In Part 2, World-Class Professional Boxing Coach Jamie Huey breaks down the upcoming Canelo Alvarez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. boxing match, he previews Stipe Miocic vs. Junior Dos Santos 2 for the UFC Heavyweight Title set for UFC 211, and Huey discusses the Jack Johnson Heavyweight Boxing era.

The godfather will return. Trust me. They have been friends for years.

I wonder why Randy Couture or Big Ferg or someone doesn't have a story of dealing with Joel from Oregon.

Whether they know him as the driver or partner.

On today's podcast, FRB came on & got Chael to talk about the issues with Joel & it seems like the issues were largely due to money.
Seems like Chael did a lot financially for Joel & Joel kept taking advantage & would respond back with "I made your podcast popular".
He also said Joel cost CS a lot of money by failed attempts to do live shows that Joel tried to make happen & failed with.
Chael said Joel said he was a better MMA journalist than Ariel & felt he could have the biggest MMA podcast out there on his own (away from Chael)

He painted Joel as someone that leeches off others & said he is welcomed on the show to give his side.

It was a pretty decent listen & all at the start.

The more I think about it, the more I don't think the improvement was on Joel's end but how CS used him.
Yeah or we just became more tolerant of him.

Joel kept getting more and more airtime as Chael was dealing with his wife ill due to their bad pregnancy experience, dude seem like he used that to his advantage. Leech.

His fights with joel were fucking awesome.

Lad and i.

Words are hard.

You farted in the hallway yesterday.

Do you know theres blood running down your face?
I like the meta- aspect that Chael has pretty bag grammar too. He's the kind of guy who used "_____ and I" is the object of a sentence. He refers to people as "that."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back