Catch Wrestling United III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Goat Meal seems incapable of clicking a few links and reading beyond the first paragraph, here's my investigative research:

1. In Stephen Koepfer's original forum thread, a member called kosen666 is the first to ask questions about Kris Iatskevich' lineage and legitimacy.

2. He goes on to say he believes he trained with him in Judo in Montreal in 1998-1999.

As mentionned here, chatting with one of his students, I am pretty sure I trained with Kris at the Shidokan, in Montreal, in 1998-1999.

CACC basics - JudoForum.com

3. Clicking on the link and scrolling down, Kosen666 and Glorfindel have the following exchange.

Kosen666 wrote: Did Kris happen to train judo at the shidokan in Montreal in 1998-1999 ?

Glorfindel wrote: He train judo at montreal, but i cant tell you exactly when and where, but i think he told me he train at Nakamura dojo or something like that

Kosen666 wrote: Indeed. Nakamura is the head instructor and founder of the shidokan. I was pretty sure it was him, same tattoos same look same style. I did train with him then. We use to chat alot about grappling back then.

In 1999 he was a sankyu (green belt) in judo and just received his bjj blue belt from Julio Fernandez in Vermont (he went there but was training under Koji Murakami in Montreal).

Tell him Eric says hi. I was a brown belt at the time.

So we've established that the guy who first questions Iatskevich's background on Koepfer's board was someone who had trained with him in Judo in the late 1990's, and annecdotally confirms Iatskevich had a BJJ Blue Belt from Julio Fernandez at that time. Although anecdotal, since it's established kosen666 is not a catch guy but an old Judo guy who has had no contact with Iatskevich for quite some time, there's no reason to dismiss what he said as invalid.

Wow, I gotta sit down. I think I've completely exhausted myself from all the hoops I just had to jump through in the last 5 minutes.

lol Rickson is hilarious. He includes guys he beat during their first BJJ lesson with him (eg Mark Schultz).

An interesting comment from someone on Bullshido:

While it is quite distasteful of him to use the great Alexander Iatskevich's name in such a way, Kristoffer Iatskevitch is still at least sending his people to tournaments. That's a precious rarity in Catch Wrestling.

He confessed. He's paying the price in his connections, and the fact that he'll have to rebuild a level of trust.

But in the meantime, I (personally) would rather we not try to drive him out of the martial arts and grappling community when he is one of the few catch guys putting out competitors. What more are we supposed to do at this point?

If more subjects of investigations would just confess to what they're making up and move on, they would BE this short. Sorry it doesn't meet your drama quotient.

Someone else mentions on Bullshido in another thread that the 'dogs get called off' once a guy under 'investigation' comes clean. Guess Columbo here thinks the mystery is still unsolved. And like Columbo, the answer's revealed right at the beginning lol.

Do you really think you'll out-investigate Bullshido? What a waste of everyone's time.

I'm on page 5 of this thread

Kris Iatskevich paternal claims refuted

Serious question, but when does Bullshido get to the part of confirming Kris's lineage? That's all I really care about, not the stupid bullshit people are posting about JeffG (who does seem to have his own agenda).

And thanks, KJ, for posting that stuff. Weird that you're more eager to clear Kris's name than Kris himself, but either way, thanks. So he's a green belt in Judo (people have been saying black belt) and a blue belt under Julio Fernandez. I'll wait until I get further into this Bullshido thread before emailing Julio.

lol Rickson is hilarious. He includes guys he beat during their first BJJ lesson with him (eg Mark Schultz).

It was a different time man. And if you beat Mark Schultz you would include it!!! Oh and that wasn't a " lesson". Two studs of there art got on the mat and went after each other.

Problem for Wrestlers grappling BJJ guys back then is the really didn't have a way to win. No score being kept and no pin wins......

I'm on page 5 of this thread

Kris Iatskevich paternal claims refuted

Serious question, but when does Bullshido get to the part of confirming Kris's lineage? That's all I really care about, not the stupid bullshit people are posting about JeffG (who does seem to have his own agenda).

And thanks, KJ, for posting that stuff. Weird that you're more eager to clear Kris's name than Kris himself, but either way, thanks. So he's a green belt in Judo (people have been saying black belt) and a blue belt under Julio Fernandez. I'll wait until I get further into this Bullshido thread before emailing Julio.

I've been answering all these questions for more than two years now. I don't see what more I can had to it. and btw, I never claimed any lineage in BJJ,never did never will.

I've been more than cooperative, I'm done!

I've been answering all these questions for more than two years now. I don't see what more I can had to it. and btw, I never claimed any lineage in BJJ,never did never will.

Well, can't say you NEVER did. The one person who can tie you to Judo also ties you to BJJ. Did this person just pull Julio Fernandez out of his ass, Kris?

I'm reading the thread more thoroughly now. It's 35 pages and finally starting to address you more than attack JeffG.

don't hold your breath for a response. My offer was sincere,but your intentions aren't. Who are you that I now have to answer to? I've answered to my peers,people who mattered to me. I've tried to be as open an honest as possible with everyone else. But your demeanor seriously puts me off. You don't believe me,think I'm a piece of shit and don't like my wrestling,fine. Like I said I've done my part.
as for the BJJ thing On the lockflow site there an interview with me that was done before all this shit started where I state that I've only dabbled in BJJ.Nothing more. I trained with nigel Scantleburry and Koji Murakami a student of Julio Fernandez.

After tons of walls of text from someone who has an axe to grind at Bullshido, this summary was posted:

So this all clusterfuck of a thread is about a guy that has the same surname as a famous SAMBO coach.

He did one stupid thing when he was young, namely claiming that he was the son of that coach, but he admits it later by himself that he isn't.

The error with the 3rd Dan in Judo was made by the production company of his DVD's, he stated himself that this was an error and that he's only a 1st Dan in Judo.

He doesn't teach Judo, only something called Scientific Submission Wrestling, an offshoot of CaCC Wrestling. For the SSW, he has a teachers certificate.

He had been contacted by the FIAS, but has never been the representative for SAMBO in Canada and has never stated anywhere that he was.

And now there's someone with the username "full contact" that wants to nail Kris to the wall for the things that Kris has never done or even claimed.

Is this a good viewof the events?

Reading more before my eyes bleed.

don't hold your breath for a response. My offer was sincere,but your intentions aren't. Who are you that I now have to answer to? I've answered to my peers,people who mattered to me. I've tried to be as open an honest as possible with everyone else. But your demeanor seriously puts me off. You don't believe me,think I'm a piece of shit and don't like my wrestling,fine. Like I said I've done my part.
as for the BJJ thing On the lockflow site there an interview with me that was done before all this shit started where I state that I've only dabbled in BJJ.Nothing more. I trained with nigel Scantleburry and Koji Murakami a student of Julio Fernandez.

My intentions were to get the truth. How are they not sincere, Kris? All you've done now is back peddle when the pressure was put on, which doesn't look very good. Fortunately you've picked the right art because no one in the Catch community really cares about silly things like truthful lineages.

God, this is painful thread to get through. Half the guys are French Canadian and can barely post an intelligible post in English (understandable, I'm not bashing).

Sambo Steve said:
Nobody seems to dispute his training with Carpentier. Do we even know if Carpentier gives certificates? If you have a statement from Carpentier, please post it.

Seriously? Why the fuck not? A guy just admits he's been defrauding people for 10 years and people don't think it's worth looking into his background a little bit, especially his Catch lineage which he currently reps? I'm trying really hard to understand this mentality, guys. Is it just that it's so hard to prove lineages that it's much less of a hassle not to research and therefor common to accept everyone at their word? Or do lineages really not matter that much just as long as they can teach stuff they learned off a DVD?

I stopped reading that thread after page 27. It's been nothing but Bullshido vs. full contact for apparently having a grudge against Kris. Where exactly in this thread is proof of his Catch lineage other than people saying "No need to verify his catch lineage. We believe him."?

So this is what I have so far in regard to credentials:

- Judo green belt.
- May have some sambo experience.
- First claimed to have a blue belt in BJJ, then went back on it. I'm sure I could stir up some shit here if I cared, but he lied about being a blue belt so I don't.
- Connection to Eduoardo Carpentier still unproven.
- Has taken Catch seminars.

Fujiwara, Suzuki and Funaki doesn't have a certificate from Gotch, Sakuraba doesn't have a certificate from Robinson. Certification is a relatively new thing to try and bring Catch kicking and screaming into the 21st century. The best guys we know of aren't certified.

Of course if anyone dares use a comparable colour scheme to say BJJ for internal use to create relatable gradings so students know where they stand in both learning and competing, that gets bitched about too by the pedantic police.

I stopped reading that thread after page 27. It's been nothing but Bullshido vs. full contact for apparently having a grudge against Kris. Where exactly in this thread is proof of his Catch lineage other than people saying "No need to verify his catch lineage. We believe him."?

So this is what I have so far in regard to credentials:

- Judo green belt.
- May have some sambo experience.
- First claimed to have a blue belt in BJJ, then went back on it. I'm sure I could stir up some shit here if I cared, but he lied about being a blue belt so I don't.
- Connection to Eduoardo Carpentier still unproven.
- Has taken Catch seminars.

You're a fucking dumb ass!!!! I'm on page 34 and Kris is actually in there giving his side. But you being such a great Investigator and being sooooo Thorough on something as important as calling someone out, no, calling someone a liar. No need to continue your search to the end right? Just post what you read other people posting like a fucked up game of telephone.

Your intents were ok but from a fucked up place and your delivery and how you "sorta" went about digging up " the truth". Is a joke and makes you look really, really bad!

You go thru all this fucking trouble and you stop 10 pages short and come out with your "findings":redface:

Antonio Inoki in some 50/50 action

mt77mg.jpg

You know Goat Meal its funny cause i also got a bit excited when i read the part of that thread where the guy emailed the BJJ guy telling him about the Blue Belt claims and what the response from that instructor was regarding Kris having a blue belt.........

But here is the difference between you and me, you are coming at this search from a very biased place where as i am coming at it from a completely unbiased place.

That is why i didn't stop and scream "Got that fucking CACC liar agian!!!!!" and ran off to post my findings, see i just thought "Rut-Row" but kept on reading to see where that lead to.

And you wonder why people are maybe not so quick to jump in and answer your questions the exact way you want in public. Its because your a bit an amateur idiot when it comes these "investigations", ya dig?

So now as you proclaim for all to see that Kris lied about getting his Blue Belt, how about you show some facts of Kris stating this. I mean you say it as fact due to your exstensive research on the subject, if you can't show this, i think you should just.......

iraqi-shut-up-bitch-slap.gif

and scram!:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back