Catch Wrestling United III

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Bullshido thread saw both JeffG and Full Contact implode. It got to the point where Full Contact aka David Couturier I think asked for his posts to be deleted, because he was caught slandering Mike Martelle and possibly others in the form of libel.

Kris made the same assertion in 2010 as he did just now: he says he has no ranking in BJJ. This was also in response to the claim someone made about him having a blue belt under ... whoever it was.

Edit: apparently the muppet only wanted the posts that could relate back to his school to be deleted, but not the libellous ones. God this is such a clusterfuck to read through.

Mike Martelle specifically on Kris:

I first met Kris in 2007, at the Canadian King of Catch Tournament in Jonquiere, Quebec. Jonquiere is well off the beaten path, so only a couple dozen competitiors showed up. Still, I recognized a lot of their faces; these were guys I'd seen over and over at other grappling tournaments in Montreal and around Quebec, and these were guys I'd often seen on the podium afterwards. There were some very legit competitors there.

On that day, Kris ran through all of them. He won his weight class, and then the Absolute division too. I don't know if there's video out there, but I saw it with my own two eyes. So I'm pretty surprised by the footage of Kris losing a match in the SFL a year later, but hey - I know from personal experience what it's like to have hot and cold days. But everyone should know that Kris is capable of winning.

Kris gave a seminar at my club a little while later, and everyone was very impressed by his coaching. He was articulate, able to convey material, and demonstrated moves with the easy grace of someone who has been training for a very long time.

So in my opinion, Kris is a talented grappler, and a skilled coach. He's also a fun guyt to have a beer with.

Of course I was shocked by the admission regarding his parentage, but I've decided to remain associated with him, and call him a friend. His abilities speak for themselves.

God this is such a clusterfuck to read through.

It was post #992 back on page 100 of this thread that i stated i didn't want to talk about it anymore........... fuck me, what is wrong with me, lol!!! Its 10 pages later, not to mention the hassle of actually reading that other fucking website all the way thru to come up with the same assertion that i got straight away about Kris.:redface:

LOL, unreal!

A bullshido mod on that Full Contact / David guy:

Any respectable instructor would lay the smackdown on this idiot regardless of, if he agrees with the person assertions or not.

I think out of all the garbage in this thread the funniest, is his slam of bullshido's investigative skills. Until, that **** was turned on his ass, he was talkin crazy ****.

Suddenly, it is secret messages and "please delete the information about me."

Of course he is hiding now. As do most idiot when they realize they have zero control of a situation.

You know Goat Meal its funny cause i also got a bit excited when i read the part of that thread where the guy emailed the BJJ guy telling him about the Blue Belt claims and what the response from that instructor was regarding Kris having a blue belt.........

But here is the difference between you and me, you are coming at this search from a very biased place where as i am coming at it from a completely unbiased place.

That is why i didn't stop and scream "Got that fucking CACC liar agian!!!!!" and ran off to post my findings, see i just thought "Rut-Row" but kept on reading to see where that lead to.

And you wonder why people are maybe not so quick to jump in and answer your questions the exact way you want in public. Its because your a bit an amateur idiot when it comes these "investigations", ya dig?

So now as you proclaim for all to see that Kris lied about getting his Blue Belt, how about you show some facts of Kris stating this.
I mean you say it as fact due to your exstensive research on the subject, if you can't show this, i think you should just.......

iraqi-shut-up-bitch-slap.gif

and scram!:mad:

I already did, but here it is again:

Well, can't say you NEVER did. The one person who can tie you to Judo also ties you to BJJ. Did this person just pull Julio Fernandez out of his ass, Kris?

If we're supposed to believe Kris's judo lineage based on the words of this guy who met him back in '98 or '99, then we also must believe him when he said Kris told him he was a blue belt under Julio Fernandez. It looks like Kris is back tracking on that, which is fine, because like I said, it's a blue belt.

Going to page 34 of the Bullshido thread now.

On Page 35 and still don't see any posts from Kris. So it looks like I'm still left with:

- Judo green belt.
- May have some sambo experience.
- First claimed to have a blue belt in BJJ, then went back on it. I'm sure I could stir up some shit here if I cared, but he lied about being a blue belt so I don't.
- Connection to Eduoardo Carpentier still unproven.
- Has taken Catch seminars.

Which is fine. I guess I came to the realization today that if catch wrestlers don't care, why should I? If people want to train catch so bad that they'll allow themselves to be defrauded then it's on them. It's pretty clear something fishy is STILL going on here but the best time to do a serious investigation has passed and the opportunity was wasted on full contact and JeffG who didn't do themselves any favors by becoming a bigger and easier target for Bullshido.

The bottom line is, if this guy was affiliated with BJJ, people would care, but since it's catch.... There's certainly no one within the catch community who is going to out this guy. Apparently he's a nice dude who still has passable technique videos by catch standards and that's enough to turn a blind eye to all of it.

But, if Kris ever does man-up and reply to my email, I'll be the first to post the evidence in favor of him, because unlike what some of you think, I'm not biased against catch wrestling itself -- maybe against catch wrestlers -- and would love to see the art become legitimized.

On Page 35 and still don't see any posts from Kris. So it looks like I'm still left with:

Which is fine. I guess I came to the realization today that if catch wrestlers don't care, why should I? If people want to train catch so bad that they'll allow themselves to be defrauded then it's on them. It's pretty clear something fishy is STILL going on here but the best time to do a serious investigation has passed and the opportunity was wasted on full contact and JeffG who didn't do themselves any favors by becoming a bigger and easier target for Bullshido.

The bottom line is, if this guy was affiliated with BJJ, people would care, but since it's catch.... There's certainly no one within the catch community who is going to out this guy. Apparently he's a nice dude who still has passable technique videos by catch standards and that's enough to turn a blind eye to all of it.

But, if Kris ever does man-up and reply to my email, I'll be the first to post the evidence in favor of him, because unlike what some of you think, I'm not biased against catch wrestling itself -- maybe against catch wrestlers -- and would love to see the art become legitimized.

1st- on any issue the burden of proof is in your hands regarding the claim someone other than Kris made that he was a BJJ blue belt. HE never claimed that or stated that and he never would. There is a video predating the claim by some guy in Canada that Kris claimed this that shows him clearly stating that "he only dabbled in BJJ and has no rank in it.) Even the trolls on the Bullshido thread retracted that claim. End of story.
As far as his training with Eddie Carpentier there are numerous witnesses. When Eddie's health failed and he was wheelchair bound and began suffering from dementia he got so mean no one would go around him. Only Kris and Eddie's attorney responsible for his estate, Tony Longelier, followed up and watched out for Eddie. Kris' wife was the last person to speak with Eddie before he passed. Kris was asked to handle Eddie's funeral and speak at his memorial service so shut the fuck up about needing proof that he trained extensively with Eddie you only show your ignorance.

Last edited:
1st- on any issue the burden of proof is in your hands regarding the claim someone other than Kris made that he was a BJJ blue belt. HE never claimed that or stated that and he never would. There is a video predating the claim by some guy in Canada that Kris claimed this that shows him clearly stating that "he only dabbled in BJJ and has no rank in it.) Even the trolls on the Bullshido thread retracted that claim. End of story.
As far as his training with Eddie Carpentier there are numerous witnesses. When Eddie's health failed and he was wheelchair bound and began suffering from dementia he got so mean no one would go around him. Only Kris and Eddie's attorney responsible for his estate, Tony Longelier, followed up and watched out for Eddie. Kris' wife was the last person to speak with Eddie before he passed. Kris was asked to handle Eddie's funeral and speak at his memorial service...

Hey dude with two last names. I figured it was just a matter of time until you graced this thread with your presence. It's every much not end of story, though. With me, maybe, but as long as there are questions, the story very much continues.

Anyone can see he made a claim at being a blue belt in BJJ under Julio Fernandez. KJ even posted it. It also sounds like he retracted his claim later to "only dabbling", maybe because he didn't want it to become public that he claimed being a blue belt in BJJ. He definitely, at least "in private" to a training partner in Judo, claimed to be a blue belt in BJJ. If you question the veracity of KJ's post, then we must also question the veracity that he even trained Judo with that person because honest people don't pick and choose which truths to believe. In this case, it's all or nothing. Either Kris was connected to training Judo via that poster AND he claimed to be a blue belt in BJJ or the poster was mistaken and he never trained with Kris in Judo. The poster knew pretty specifically who Kris claimed to have trained BJJ under, so I doubt he just pulled it out of his ass.

Hey, Boyd, just curious, but were you a witness to Kris's training under Eddie? Have you spoken with people personally who have witnessed Kris's training under Eddie? Just curious because you never mention that. You never mention training partners, either. It's also very queer that there isn't a picture with Kris and Eddie seeing as how Eddie is like a legend in Canada, right? I think if my direct instructor were a living legend I'd have plenty of pictures with him and post them.

...so shut the fuck up about needing proof that he trained extensively with Eddie you only show your ignorance.

I am showing my ignorance because I'm very ignorant of Kris's true lineage and my attempts, even the ones on his terms, to gather such information have gone unheeded. I believe the interaction went something like, "I'll do whatever I can to clear the air, just email me. Oh you emailed me? Well I don't like your attitude so now I won't prove anything." That's fine company you keep Mr. Two Last Names.

Hey dude with two last names. I figured it was just a matter of time until you graced this thread with your presence. It's every much not end of story, though. With me, maybe, but as long as there are questions, the story very much continues.

Anyone can see he made a claim at being a blue belt in BJJ under Julio Fernandez. KJ even posted it. It also sounds like he retracted his claim later to "only dabbling", maybe because he didn't want it to become public that he claimed being a blue belt in BJJ. He definitely, at least "in private" to a training partner in Judo, claimed to be a blue belt in BJJ. If you question the veracity of KJ's post, then we must also question the veracity that he even trained Judo with that person because honest people don't pick and choose which truths to believe. In this case, it's all or nothing. Either Kris was connected to training Judo via that poster AND he claimed to be a blue belt in BJJ or the poster was mistaken and he never trained with Kris in Judo. The poster knew pretty specifically who Kris claimed to have trained BJJ under, so I doubt he just pulled it out of his ass.

Hey, Boyd, just curious, but were you a witness to Kris's training under Eddie? Have you spoken with people personally who have witnessed Kris's training under Eddie? Just curious because you never mention that. You never mention training partners, either. It's also very queer that there isn't a picture with Kris and Eddie seeing as how Eddie is like a legend in Canada, right? I think if my direct instructor were a living legend I'd have plenty of pictures with him and post them.

I am showing my ignorance because I'm very ignorant of Kris's true lineage and my attempts, even the ones on his terms, to gather such information have gone unheeded. I believe the interaction went something like, "I'll do whatever I can to clear the air, just email me. Oh you emailed me? Well I don't like your attitude so now I won't prove anything." That's fine company you keep Mr. Two Last Names.

Hearsay from one unnamed individual does not constitute proof. My friend KJ is mistaken. Just because they trained in Judo together does not mean the unnamed individual was right about the BJJ claim. Your logic fails.Just because some asshole posts shit on a public forum doesn't make it true.

I will give you two witness- Carl Abdallah and Nick Exame. I know them both yes.

They trained. they didn't give a shit about pictures. To this day those that know Kris know we have to remind him to take pictures at seminars etc. He doesn't care.
Again. He doesn't like your attitude. I think if it were possible for you to read your own email unbiased you would agree you came off being a dick. The other people who inquired did not. You don't come off as being genuinely interested you come off as trying to re institute a witch hunt. No point in continuing this any further. You have your mind made up and now you want to insult me. What is with the "Mr. two last names" comment. That is my name. You apparently get some pleasure out of insulting and libeling people. You are a sick puppy.At least I don't hide behind a screen name. Anyway. I'm done with this and you.

Hearsay from one unnamed individual does not constitute proof. My friend KJ is mistaken. Just because they trained in Judo together does not mean the unnamed individual was right about the BJJ claim. Your logic fails.Just because some asshole posts shit on a public forum doesn't make it true.

I will give you two witness- Carl Abdallah and Nick Exame. I know them both yes.

They trained. they didn't give a shit about pictures. To this day those that know Kris know we have to remind him to take pictures at seminars etc. He doesn't care.
Again. He doesn't like your attitude. I think if it were possible for you to read your own email unbiased you would agree you came off being a dick. The other people who inquired did not. You don't come off as being genuinely interested you come off as trying to re institute a witch hunt. No point in continuing this any further. You have your mind made up and now you want to insult me. What is with the "Mr. two last names" comment. That is my name. You apparently get some pleasure out of insulting and libeling people. You are a sick puppy.At least I don't hide behind a screen name. Anyway. I'm done with this and you.

What was wrong with my email. Here it is:

Sir,

Please provide proof of your catch wrestling, wrestling, and judo lineage. Pictures, certificates, etc will suffice. Please and thank you.

Respectfully,

Goat Meal

So ok, Kris's judo cannot be verified via that Judo poster. Unless I'm wrong, that means his catch lineage is unverified, his judo lineage is unverified, and he might have some sambo. He only dabbled in BJJ.

Cool, that sums it up for me. Thanks for your clarification. If any more evidence comes to light I'll be sure to post it.

What was wrong with my email. Here it is:

So ok, Kris's judo cannot be verified via that Judo poster. Unless I'm wrong, that means his catch lineage is unverified, his judo lineage is unverified, and he might have some sambo. He only dabbled in BJJ.

Cool, that sums it up for me. Thanks for your clarification. If any more evidence comes to light I'll be sure to post it.

I don't know where you get that stupid logic. I just gave you names of two people who trained alongside Kris with Eddie. Get over yourself man. You are wrong in many ways.

I don't know where you get that stupid logic. I just gave you names of two people who trained alongside Kris with Eddie. Get over yourself man. You are wrong in many ways.

And I am reaching out to those people. Thanks for providing that.

You provided that stupid logic, Boyd. You said the Judo poster was wrong about Kris's blue belt in BJJ so we can only assume that Judo poster was mistaken and he didn't actually meet Kris. Therefor his one tie (to my knowledge, but please prove this wrong) to a belt ranking in Judo/lineage in Judo does not exist. Kris refused to provide evidence on his catch lineage, though, I will try to ascertain it in a different way. He only dabbled in BJJ and he might have some sambo (per the Bullshido thread). Please let me know if you have any questions.

And I am reaching out to those people. Thanks for providing that.

You provided that stupid logic, Boyd. You said the Judo poster was wrong about Kris's blue belt in BJJ so we can only assume that Judo poster was mistaken and he didn't actually meet Kris. Therefor his one tie (to my knowledge, but please prove this wrong) to a belt ranking in Judo/lineage in Judo does not exist. Kris refused to provide evidence on his catch lineage, though, I will try to ascertain it in a different way. He only dabbled in BJJ and he might have some sambo (per the Bullshido thread). Please let me know if you have any questions.

You are such an ass man. Assumption... thats your argument. Good bye.

Against my better judgement I am posting the catch match that I lost this weekend. Don't know if I will leave it up forever though. No sound, and the video quality ain't great. Sorry. :/

If you have some serious critique/advice on the match I'd be glad to hear it.

The final match between the guy who beat me (blue) and Tsuyoshi Kosaka's student. A pretty highly ranked pancrase fighter who's name escapes me.

If Boyd says Kris is legit, he is legit also too much bitching not enough training.get to the mats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back