Catch Wrestling United III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect timing on this video, this is what i was trying to explain to CALIBUR when he asked for a critique of his grappling. Hopefully he comes back in here and gets a chance to see this and then notice in his video that his oppoenent had this head position abit during there stand up clinch wrestling.

Lol, I'm always lurking.

Thanks for the response for the earlier video. Yeah, I know about head placement. the thing is that I'm not used to going up against wrestlers that strong/skillful. Typically I'll let someone get the underhook so I can get the whizzer, which is what I really want. Than I just win the head battle.

In this particular match I welcomed the underhook but the guy wasn't having any shennanigans at all. I couldn't get my head inside and we ended up fighting for wrist control with me already losing the head war.

Next time I won't take any chances and I will fight the underhooks the whole time.

Thanks again.

I don't know, i think it needs to be linked to MMA. Just like BJJ became successful. I mean that doesn't need to be the only way of course, but having CACC based grapplers doing well in MMA events is the fasted way to get the art to the masses. Of course that could be because im in the MMA business and that is what i know, compare to other avenues.......

Would be nice if more announcers talked about it.

That's just off the top of my head tho. Doesn't seem to be alot of interest in it tho. Im always suprised when i come into this thread to mention so and so fighter has connections to CACC and will be fighting on TV or PPV and no one in here is talking about it or seems to know or care.......

CACC is and odd art.:icon_conf

Using catch successfully in MMA and ADCC type tournaments shows that it is on par with other submission grappling styles.

At the moment, I think most of the best "catch" wrestlers in the Western world (so not including Japanese wrestlers) would be smoked submission grappling wise by world class black belts (even under pinning rules). This is because these new age schools have not had the decades required to develop world class athletes.

When one of these catch guys comes out and submits a renowned black belt in ADCC or MMA, then people will consider it "back" or "legit".

This is just like how people starting paying attention to Shotokan Karate again after Machida KOd Rashad. People used to say (and some still do) that pure Shotokan does not work in "real" fighting situation, but Machida proved them wrong.

Sure, guys like Sakuraba already did this to some extent, but people forget and I dont think he had a concept of "catch" and could not promote it (like Machida did with karate).

If you're going to be teaching and putting out instructional video's you shouldn't be caught competing like that, i suppose.

Why not? There's no shame in losing; better to be humble enough to get out there on the mats than to refrain out of fear of losing face.

Sure, guys like Sakuraba already did this to some extent, but people forget and I dont think he had a concept of "catch" and could not promote it (like Machida did with karate).

He did; but in Japan they call catch-wrestling "pro-wrestling" generally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back