Cat injured, Miesha replacing her.

Damn. So that's another title fight where the challenger is coming off a loss. It's all about the ratings.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Rousey wins via 1st round armbar.

Women's MMA is terrible.

How many rating do you really think Cat was gonna draw? It's the "Rousey vs ___" show and they could have picked Davis, McMann, Kaufman all before going to Tate
McMann would be the best choice. Two Olympic medalists. Both undefeated at 7-0. You even have a nice contrast with McMann being the good girl to Ronda's heel. There would have been a lot of trash talk there. Sara and her boyfriend have no problem regularly ripping Ronda. So there would probably be even more drama there compared to Tate/Caraway. Who have largely avoided engaging Ronda since she dislocated Miesha's elbow.

I don't understand this decision by the UFC

Well I'll give it to them, they are changing it up. Usually one of the coaches gets hurt later in the season or before the coaches match, not before filming starts. They need to change the shows format. Forget about the coaches fight. Two Permanent retired UFC stars to coach every season. Chuck, Forrest, Florian, Gracie, Tito soon you'll have Sonnen, A lot of great retired stars out there to choose from.

I'm no WMMA expert, but is there really nobody else?

That sounds much truer than I'd like to believe.

Dana's face said it all after the fight. And Ronda has pretty much admitted it. The funny thing is Dana said it didn't make sense for Miesha to get a title shot in Feb coming off her unimpressive win against Kedzie. Yet now she's fighting for the title coming off a loss in which he was finished. Just stupid matchmaking.

That's a mistake. Miesha is coming of a loss, she shouldn't get a titleshot. Maybe put McMann in there?

Definitely this you can't give a title shot to someone who has lost. Besides Mcmann just won her debut in the octagon she's the third female fighter to win inside the octagon! No question there! Mcmann should have gotten the call before Tate!

I'm no WMMA expert, but is there really nobody else?
Sara McMann and Alexis Davis. Even Sarah Kaufman would make more sense than Miesha. She's 16-2, coming off a win, and her only losses are to Rousey and Coenen. Probably has the best resume of anybody at 135 with wins against Davis x2, Tate, Baszler, and Carmouche.

Sara McMann and Alexis Davis. Even Sarah Kaufman would make more sense than Miesha. She's 16-2, coming off a win, and her only losses are to Rousey and Coenen. Probably has the best resume of anybody at 135 with wins against Davis x2, Tate, Baszler, and Carmouche.

Now that you mentioned it, McMann looked pretty good. I don't think I've seen Davis fight. Nothing against Tate, but Zingano brutalized her in her last fight. This just makes no sense.

Meisha Tate has no business fighting for a title after the ASS WHOOPIN she just took! It would completely take a dump on the credibility of women's MMA if they cannot get some other fighter in there. If she had put up a fight it would be one thing.... She got BEAT TF DOWN! Find someone else to take Cats spot if this is in fact true. Meisha is not a mystery anymore. Rhonda rips her arm off inside of round 1.

I can't imagine Tate winning after a loss... I agree! If Tate win's this match which she could do it's going to throw the entire division out of sync! Where does that put Rhonda? Cat just beat Tate so does that mean if Rhonda loses she drops to number 3 or to number 4? I can't understand all of this, but it's not fair to the other women!

I don't understand this decision by the UFC

Tate is younger, more marketable, not a old mom, already has a rivalry, and Cat didn't beat her overly convincing.

A knee injury to a 30 year old fighting woman is not good.

What don't you understand?

I'm picturing Caraway pulling some Tonya Harding stuff.

Exactly the reason I would rather see someone else step up. I think that should have been an automatic red flag before they proceeded with this matchup they should have looked into this more. There were fighters and coaches saying they saw what they saw and Cat also said so herself. I know one thing they need to put extra security around Rousey when she's close to Tate or Caraway!

Rousey by armbar and if Caraway tries something I hope he gets what he deserves!

Back