Cat injured, Miesha replacing her.

I am disgusted that Tate will be on TUF 18, but get realistic dude. Kaufmann didn't even last 60 seconds.
But that's true of all of her opponents except for Tate and Carmouche. Even her amateur fights didn't last that long.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Not as bad as Chael Sonnen vs Bones, but worse than Vitor vs Bones.

Damn, I really wanted to see Cat coach TUF, I like her... At least we wouldn't know the result beforehand.

Sara McMann should have got that call and been given the chance. Dana and his soap opera bullshit continues..

Not necessarily. You'd never get put in a brace immediately coming out of knee surgery, your knee would be swollen as fuck. They'd wrap you up and give you crutches and then when you get home you have to straighten out your knee and keep it elevated for a couple of hours and then you'd put a brace on.

At least that's my experience

I've had my acl reconstructed, and had the brace on before I even woke up.

The knee IS swollen, but the brace is adjustable. (Velcro)

I just got finished reading quotes that came from her and so far I'm far from interested...seems like the wrong choice to me. Not sure if you've read it, but it seems like she's doing the same thing that worked against her in the first fight which was trying to play mind games. I bet she will do exactly what she did in the first fight and charge at Rousey....should be an easy win for Rousey again I don't see anything different about this one!

Agreed 100%

Tate had an early stoppage of which she, ronduh, and kauffman, all wmma fighters, all agreed upon, but posters on a forum know better?

Tate isn't injured, has a rivalry, better known, and is available.

But again, WASNT THIS SHOW ALREADY BEING TAPED?!

You know what I say just let them get this out of the way...they will eventually face each other although it probably should have taken longer, but you know it is a rivalry...I would rather see this being taped than Rhonda vs. Carmouche...it's real they want to fight each other and hurt one another so I don't mind although it does seem like McMann was the obvious first choice as Coach because she was afterall the third woman to win in the UFC which would make more sense.

THe matchup of McMann vs. Rousey to me is better! Not sure why they picked this I wouldn't have minded seeing Tate in as coach if they offered Mcmann the chance and she opted out!

TUF helps build up coaches as much as fighters, better to expose Davis to the world (let's not pretend that it matters who Rousey is coaching against ratingswise) than give a tittle shot to someone who's UFC screen time consisted of getting destroyed

yeah,fighters who have at least fought for the UFC,which Davis hasn't yet. No one outside of hardcore wmma fans like you and me has even seen a Davis fight

yeah,fighters who have at least fought for the UFC,which Davis hasn't yet. No one outside of hardcore wmma fans like you and me has even seen a Davis fight

Again to 90% of the people likely to tune in it is all about Rousey, they probably never heard of Cat either and have only a vague knowledge of Tate as someone who got her ass kicked

It's utterly useless to cry over the UFC's choice of replacement now. I choose to skip through the first few Stages of Grief and jump directly to Acceptance so I can enjoy the show as soon as I could, with total and complete disregard to our prior and outdated expectation that TUF 18 will be as classy as TUF 17 while Zingano were on board.

Again to 90% of the people likely to tune in it is all about Rousey, they probably never heard of Cat either and have only a vague knowledge of Tate as someone who got her ass kicked

Whether or not it's the Rousey show (and really,it's abpout the contestants,not the coach), why have her antagonizing someone nobody's heard of,instead of someone with an established grudge?

It's utterly useless to cry over the UFC's choice of replacement now. I choose to skip through the first few Stages of Grief and jump directly to Acceptance so I can enjoy the show as soon as I could, with total and complete disregard to our prior and outdated expectation that TUF 18 will be as classy as TUF 17 while Zingano were on board.

I was going to watch the show because Cat earned it but now I won't watch. Another matchup that was not earned but handed to someone in the UFC.

Jones gets injured, coaches ultimate fighter. Cat gets injured n gets replaced.

For everyone complaining about Tate getting the title shot

Are you really going to complain about something you saw inevitably coming, It doesn't matter if your coming off a loss, doesn't matter what your fucking record of wins or loses looks like. It matters if you make the company money... simple as that.... Tate > Sarah when it comes to a PPV draw. Why do you all act so surprised?

Conspiracy theory time!!!

Ok DFW and the UFC always wanted Tate vs Rousey for coaches on tuf. We all know this as a fact. Drama = ratings!! and we all know with these two the claws will be out all season.
So Cat threw a wrench in the plans. UFC says shit ok now what. Ok Cat were Gonna pay u xtra $$$ and ur gonna have a "knee injury" but not really ;) ;) and will make it worth your while down the road and Mrs Z don't worry u got next title shot no matter what?

Conspiracy sherdoggers....u on board with this?

first thing that came to mind for me.

and after thinking about it for 15 minutes or so, I still think this is probably how it went down. They probably gave Cat a very nice check, very very nice. But with the ratings Tate will do compared to Cat, it's a sound investment for the UFC.

No doubt she had to sign some papers saying she can't ever speak of this.

Cat didn't beat her overly convincing.

zinganotatefinish.gif

Whether or not it's the Rousey show (and really,it's abpout the contestants,not the coach), why have her antagonizing someone nobody's heard of,instead of someone with an established grudge?

For some, not most. Why else would Dana want Brock to be a coach?

Also, the Tate thing has kinda been on the down low since she got her arm popped. Sure they could ramp it up again, but a rivalry based on the competetivness of the coaches should be enough to establish a new grudge they can cash in on then still fall back on the Tate thing when she had earned another shot

I was going to watch the show because Cat earned it but now I won't watch. Another matchup that was not earned but handed to someone in the UFC.

So no desire to watch the contestants at all? Wtf?

For some, not most. Why else would Dana want Brock to be a coach?

Also, the Tate thing has kinda been on the down low since she got her arm popped. Sure they could ramp it up again, but a rivalry based on the competetivness of the coaches should be enough to establish a new grudge they can cash in on then still fall back on the Tate thing when she had earned another shot
This fight is going to be as one sided as the drama in the house.

Back