Cat injured, Miesha replacing her.

That's a mistake. Miesha is coming of a loss, she shouldn't get a titleshot. Maybe put McMann in there?

You dont get title shots by winning in the UFC, you get them by losing. Just ask Nick Diaz and Chael Sonnen.

If the UFC is trying to make WMMA look legit this isn't the way to do it. Hopefully Hendricks doesn't get injured. I don't want to see GSP vs Diaz 2.

I don't think I've seen Davis fight. Nothing against Tate, but Zingano brutalized her in her last fight. This just makes no sense.
Look up some of her fights on YT. Davis had some entertaining ones against Kaufman, Baszler, and Nunes.

The only reason they want Tate is for TUF drama between her and Ronda. There was a ton of trash talk before their first fight. Even Miesha's boyfriend got in the act. The funny thing is that both Miesha and Caraway have avoided engaging Ronda since then. Even when she says something nasty about them, they don't take the bait. So there will be no fighting between them on the show. In fact, the only drama I see on this new season is between Miesha and two of the contestants (Tonya Evinger and Tara LaRosa). They absolutely hate her, and have bragged they will make her life miserable if they get on.

TAC3zJe.png

Tates the obvious choice and probably what they wanted in the first place. There's a genuine hate between the two that will grab the reality TV crowd for TUF. It may not be the best from a sporting angle byt Diaz and Sonnen prove the UFC isn't concerned about that.

Great, now we get a whole season of 2 people nagging and complaining non stop.

On a reality TV level, this will make it entertaining. On a title shot level, I don't like it (there's more of a case for Rousey-Carmouche II than Rousey-Tate II).

Tate is younger, more marketable, not a old mom, already has a rivalry, and Cat didn't beat her overly convincing.

A knee injury to a 30 year old fighting woman is not good.

What don't you understand?

lol, ok dude. :rolleyes:

Tates the obvious choice and probably what they wanted in the first place. There's a genuine hate between the two that will grab the reality TV crowd for TUF. It may not be the best from a sporting angle byt Diaz and Sonnen prove the UFC isn't concerned about that.
Miesha has said it was a mistake to get sucked into Ronda's trash talk. Her and Caraway have been very careful about what they've said since then. Making sure not to play into Ronda's game. So none of this hate is going to be on display. The weird thing is that Sara McMann and her boyfriend have actually done the exact opposite the past year. Taking repeated shots at Ronda through the media. Yet everybody acts like Rousey/Tate is where the entertainment will be. I have a feeling those people will be sorely disappointed when the season airs. Their feud will amount to nothing.

On a reality TV level, this will make it entertaining. On a title shot level, I don't like it (there's more of a case for Rousey-Carmouche II than Rousey-Tate II).
Tate hasn't engaged in a public feud with Ronda since their fight last year. If there is any TUF drama, it will between her and Evinger and LaRosa. Those two contestants hate her, and vow to make her miserable on the show.

I actually don't mind so long as Rousey and Tate 2 isn't the Main Event of a PPV. If they are the Co-Main then to me it isn't too big a deal.

Tate hasn't engaged in a public feud with Ronda since their fight last year. If there is any TUF drama, it will between her and Evinger and LaRosa. Those two contestants hate her, and vow to make her miserable on the show.

That's part of the problem with having TUF fighters of the same weight class as the coaches, I guess.

I actually don't mind so long as Rousey and Tate 2 isn't the Main Event of a PPV. If they are the Co-Main then to me it isn't too big a deal.

It'll be a title fight, of course it's going to be a main event (unless there's another title fight on the card, and that one is of heavier category - not that the UFC regularly put two title fights on the main card). Title fights always headline cards. They'll probably want a strong co-main, though.

It'll be a title fight, of course it's going to be a main event (unless there's another title fight on the card, and that one is of heavier category - not that the UFC regularly put two title fights on the main card). Title fights always headline cards. They'll probably want a strong co-main, though.
Its the New Years show and they generally try to go all out with that show. To me it would make better sense to package the fight with a bigger title fight Jones, GSP, or Silva then try to sell Tate and Rousey 2 when we have been there done that.

But your probably right, they will unfortunately be Main Event.

That's part of the problem with having TUF fighters of the same weight class as the coaches, I guess.
Evinger and LaRosa don't fight in the same weight class as Tate anymore. Both are now at 125. So any future matchup with her is unlikely.

I don't think I've seen Davis fight.

I honestly don't know what to say to these people anymore. Not when we have this miraculous invention called the Internet with everything you want to find.

I honestly don't know what to say to these people anymore. Not when we have this miraculous invention called the Internet with everything you want to find.

Sorry I don't care about this issue as much as you. I like WMMA, but it's not something I care enough about to youtube fights. Crucify me :icon_chee

I don't even know who 80% of the guys fighting for the UFC are anymore. You shouldn't expect everyone to give a shit like you obviously do. Relax.

Tate is younger, more marketable, not a old mom, already has a rivalry, and Cat didn't beat her overly convincing.

A knee injury to a 30 year old fighting woman is not good.

What don't you understand?
Agreed 100%

Tate had an early stoppage of which she, ronduh, and kauffman, all wmma fighters, all agreed upon, but posters on a forum know better?

Tate isn't injured, has a rivalry, better known, and is available.

But again, WASNT THIS SHOW ALREADY BEING TAPED?!

Conspiracy theory time!!!

Ok DFW and the UFC always wanted Tate vs Rousey for coaches on tuf. We all know this as a fact. Drama = ratings!! and we all know with these two the claws will be out all season.
So Cat threw a wrench in the plans. UFC says shit ok now what. Ok Cat were Gonna pay u xtra $$$ and ur gonna have a "knee injury" but not really ;) ;) and will make it worth your while down the road and Mrs Z don't worry u got next title shot no matter what?

Conspiracy sherdoggers....u on board with this?

I'm in.

Oh.

*Takes off tin foil hat.

Not necessarily. You'd never get put in a brace immediately coming out of knee surgery, your knee would be swollen as fuck. They'd wrap you up and give you crutches and then when you get home you have to straighten out your knee and keep it elevated for a couple of hours and then you'd put a brace on.

At least that's my experience

Sara McMann and Alexis Davis. Even Sarah Kaufman would make more sense than Miesha. She's 16-2, coming off a win, and her only losses are to Rousey and Coenen. Probably has the best resume of anybody at 135 with wins against Davis x2, Tate, Baszler, and Carmouche.

I am disgusted that Tate will be on TUF 18, but get realistic dude. Kaufmann didn't even last 60 seconds.

Back