Cat injured, Miesha replacing her.

Something tells me that Cat's injury isn't the most kosher thing in the world.

I'm calling fixed title shot for increased marketability.

Who cares if she came off a loss? Man I hate it when people just look at records, actually watch the fucking fight and you'll see that Tate fought with heart, win or lose she deserves the shot.

Um no she doesn't. If you watched the last 3 fights that she's 1-2 in you would see she got brutally finished 2x and almost brutally finished the other time. That win where she almost got finished was against a mid-tier fighter who hadn't fought in well over a year.

Do you know what I find odd about this? That RONDA immediately thought SHE was the one being replaced. Why on earth would she think that?

I'm a Tate fan but feel really bad for Zingano. Hope she recovers soon and is ready to face the winner.

This is going to make some great TV, but I'm not sure the fight is going to be competitive. A loss would really hurt Miesha's career and make the chances of her ever getting another title shot pretty slim.

As has been said, McMann was arguably the most deserving of the shot, but most probably isn't mentally ready for the fight OR the massive attention TUF brings.

No she doesn't. She is not ready for Rousey. Her win was over an overmatched fighter who moved up from 125. And Sara would be terrible on tv. She is quiet and not into the showbusiness aspect of MMA. It would be a ratings diaster.

Miesha was the ONLY choice. And unless you are a complete moron, you would have picked her too.
I disagree. McMann/Rousey is very easy to sell. Both Olympic medalists with undefeated 7-0 records. Plus Sara and her boyfriend have taken numerous shots at Ronda for over a year now. So many angles they could play up there.

BTW, Tate and Caraway have avoided engaging with Ronda since Miesha had her arm dislocated. There will be no war of words on TUF for drama sake. If there are any fireworks, it will probably only come from LaRosa and Evinger. Who have made no attempt at hiding their lack of respect for Miesha. They are going to make her time on that show miserable.

Last edited:
Something tells me that Cat's injury isn't the most kosher thing in the world.

I'm calling fixed title shot for increased marketability.

Why do people continue to speculate about this? Cat is losing a great marketing opportunity and a title shot here. Nobody would give that up.

I don't understand the "increased marketability" point either. Is Zingano not hot enough for the fans? Tate and Zingano are like most average looking women: get the right makeup artist and they can look much hotter than they are. Sans makeup, they are average. And regardless of that, nobody has any clue how good or entertaining Rousey, Zingano or Tate will be as coaches on TUF.

To me, there's nothing fishy going on here. Zingano got hurt and the UFC was forced to go with their contingency plan: put on the only other female fans have seen and heard of. Is that a good contingency plan? Not in my opinion, but it's pretty much all they had. *shrugs*

Couldnt be happier with this news! Now we can finally get the animosity & disdane from the coaches that we expected to get with Chael & Jones.

Oh you mean as pointless as LHW division? Oh well, at least Chael lost in another division. :rolleyes:

To the OP: this is still bs. I would have preferred McMann vs Rousey next. Well, TUF ratings first I guess. :icon_neut

No he means pointless as WW division :icon_chee

Um no she doesn't. If you watched the last 3 fights that she's 1-2 in you would see she got brutally finished 2x and almost brutally finished the other time. That win where she almost got finished was against a mid-tier fighter who hadn't fought in well over a year.

Seriously, it sounds like Erdz is the one not actually watching the fights

I thought we had seen the last of bogus title shots for awhile. I guess not.

Dammit... Very disappointed with this. Hopefully Cat has quick and smooth recovery

Why do people continue to speculate about this? Cat is losing a great marketing opportunity and a title shot here. Nobody would give that up.

I don't understand the "increased marketability" point either. Is Zingano not hot enough for the fans? Tate and Zingano are like most average looking women: get the right makeup artist and they can look much hotter than they are. Sans makeup, they are average. And regardless of that, nobody has any clue how good or entertaining Rousey, Zingano or Tate will be as coaches on TUF.

To me, there's nothing fishy going on here. Zingano got hurt and the UFC was forced to go with their contingency plan: put on the only other female fans have seen and heard of. Is that a good contingency plan? Not in my opinion, but it's pretty much all they had. *shrugs*
The UFC botched this whole thing. Tate/Rousey was obviously their preferred matchup. They should have just had Ronda fight Miesha in Feb instead of Carmouche. Then had McMann/Davis and Zingano/Kaufman fight in April. With the most impressive winner facing Rousey in December. You would have had a good deal of well deserved hype no matter the outcome. Instead they wasted the past few months on pointless fights that have nothing to do with the title situation. And it will only get worse if Rousey faces Cat next year after beating Tate in a unnecessary rematch. Davis and McMann are going to be sitting on the shelf until next fall waiting their turns.

Caraway elbowed Cat in the knee.

I can understand people being frustrated about Meisha being the replacement, but what other ufc fighter could they have put in that would have drew ratings?

I think everyone knows Tate is the best option. McMann would have made more sense to get the fight but for TV the choice is clear.

Caraway elbowed Cat in the knee.

I can understand people being frustrated about Meisha being the replacement, but what other ufc fighter could they have put in that would have drew ratings?

How many rating do you really think Cat was gonna draw? It's the "Rousey vs ___" show and they could have picked Davis, McMann, Kaufman all before going to Tate

Ugh. This seems like a UFC setup.

I was really hoping that Tate and Caraway would be kept away from cameras, mics, etc.

Meisha Tate has no business fighting for a title after the ASS WHOOPIN she just took! It would completely take a dump on the credibility of women's MMA if they cannot get some other fighter in there. If she had put up a fight it would be one thing.... She got BEAT TF DOWN! Find someone else to take Cats spot if this is in fact true. Meisha is not a mystery anymore. Rhonda rips her arm off inside of round 1.

Back