Canelo vs Lemieux in talks

I can't think of a fight in which Canelo really dominated with the jab. He uses it to set up punches sometimes, but it's not one of his primary weapons.

Lemieux is not a world beater, but he is a full-size middleweight with big power. I think that is a reasonable fight to take before fighting GGG. Should be fireworks, if nothing else.

Canelo will get him out of there inside of 6. That said, fans have a right to be really pissed at how this has played out.

Canelo will get him out of there inside of 6. That said, fans have a right to be really pissed at how this has played out.

I agree, and the fall out is going to be brutal on Canelo. I'm not going to join into the circus, but I understand why people will be incredibly pissed.

Are we sure GGG vs Canelo is not happening though? Seems like just a bunch of rumors so far.

I can't think of a fight in which Canelo really dominated with the jab. He uses it to set up punches sometimes, but it's not one of his primary weapons.

Lemieux is not a world beater, but he is a full-size middleweight with big power. I think that is a reasonable fight to take before fighting GGG. Should be fireworks, if nothing else.

Oh, I'm not saying it's a bad fight, because it's somewhat high risk. Lemieux can crack, but I think Canelo fights smart and actually uses his jab in this one because he's going to see the blueprint GGG had on beating Lemieux. Canelo actually has a good jab, it's not just a range finder and seems like it has pretty good pop. I agree that its not used by him enough, but he's using it as a feint more, which I like to see.

This fight is interesting enough. Fighting Lemieux will allow us to gauge both GGG's and Canelo's respective performances against a mutual (game and dangerous) opponent in Lemieux, who is a natural Middleweight.

How did it play out?

What stopped the fight from happening since it obviously wasn't a weight issue?

I agree, and the fall out is going to be brutal on Canelo. I'm not going to join into the circus, but I understand why people will be incredibly pissed.

Are we sure GGG vs Canelo is not happening though? Seems like just a bunch of rumors so far.

Not at all. There is still a ton of money there so they can certainly start up talks again at any point. They were way off on so many things and they don't like each other at all so it has a lot of hurdles. Right now it just means other guys are taking advantage and getting in the mix like Saunders and Lemieux. Everyone is tossing numbers around now because there is anther fight this year and you need a bigger a name opponent to close strong.

Cotto went up in weight to beat Martinez, who everyone thought would destroy and retire Cotto. He took one single defense against a large middleweight in Geale, then he fought Canelo.

I don't know why you'd nitpick that or call it disgraceful. Cotto handled his brief run at 160 like the champion that he is.
Nope. Champion level fighters can only fight other champion level fighters off wins. Otherwise, they're "scraps" or "leftovers".

I don't know if it will be Jacobs for GGG, but Canelo fighting Lemi at 160 makes sense so he and GGG can have time to iron out a deal that both sides can agree to.

Maybe Saunders will face GGG in the meantime.

Ya Lemieux would be a good test for Canelo before GGG at 160. I hope they can make GGG vs Saunders for all the belts if Canelo vs GGG isn't the next fight for these guys. Sounds like Saunders looking for a September fight.

How did it play out?

What stopped the fight from happening since it obviously wasn't a weight issue?

Money. There was no way GGG was signing what was proposed to him initially. I think that just pissed his team off more and it crumbled from there.

It's business though not a dick measuring contest and I think that element is their problem as well

Bad fight for team canelo. The buy rate would likely be lower than with khan and lemieux can potentially land a giant bomb that derails everything.

Money. There was no way GGG was signing what was proposed to him initially. I think that just pissed his team off more and it crumbled from there.

It's business though not a dick measuring contest and I think that element is their problem as well

Was it an offer you think GGG should have taken, or do you think it was an insultingly poor offer?

Oscar did mention 90/10 split and a signed Polaroid of his famous fishnet photo.

Cotto went up in weight to beat Martinez, who everyone thought would destroy and retire Cotto. He took one single defense against a large middleweight in Geale, then he fought Canelo.

I don't know why you'd nitpick that or call it disgraceful. Cotto handled his brief run at 160 like the champion that he is.
Becasue, imo, he made a clearly overmatched fighter still drop 3 mounds even though he would have beaten him anyway. Whatever, if you're happy to see that type of stuff good for you.

Was it an offer you think GGG should have taken, or do you think it was an insultingly poor offer?

Definitely not a deal he should have taken and it was really bad. We had heard that's what was going to happen though hence what I was posting but you have to honestly see it before you go running with a bunch of rumors and other potential bs. I think you will see Danny/Saunders or Danny/GGG later this year. Not sure what Canelo does yet but if he takes Lemieux (which he easily could) GGG could be out in the cold yet again if he doesn't fight Danny. His management does him no favors even though he definitely is not to blame on the Canelo fight

Damn, that fucking figures. Now the same assholes who cried about Golovkiweight will probably blame GGG for not taking some ridiculous shit offer. Was it similar to the 10% De La Hoya said he was worth before?

Canelo should look to leave Oscar and think for himself. All that licking has affected his masculinity, i need the champion to take action and fight the best flesh available.

So, how long until somebody photoshops Canelo's face on Oscar's fishnets picture?

You mean it doesn't exist already?

This is what I mean. WTF internet? You are supposed to supply these things. I don't know where it all comes from, or how it is created, but I definitely expect it to be available.

Back