Canelo vs Lemieux in talks

So if I was to go ask my neighbors, all ten of them, who the Klitschos are, they'd likely know? I live in America but you already know that being a mod.
I think you're wrong on this. The Klits sell out soccer stadiums in europe so they mostly fight there but they still have plenty of name recognition and do well in the states. They're long in the tooth but are a couple of the best in the last 15+ years.

I think you're wrong on this. The Klits sell out soccer stadiums in europe so they mostly fight there but they still have plenty of name recognition and do well in the states. They're long in the tooth but are a couple of the best in the last 15+ years.

I wouldn't call them "popular" outside of Europe, just as most wouldn't. This is from early 2013. It echoes that belief.

But on paper, their stats would suggest they are both all time greats. Yet despite that, their popularity isn't huge outside of Eastern Europe.

http://www.fightsaga.com/Press-Rele...litschko-What-place-will-they-hold-in-history

I would disagree with that journalist specifically stating Eastern Europe though as even in Western Europe they're rather well known. They're certainly not household names in America, not like Tyson, Foreman, even Lewis (a Brit). America is still very much the mecca of boxing and that's just the way it is. It's unfortunate. Kovalev and Triple G didn't just decide to move to the US for no reason, after all.

I wouldn't call them "popular" outside of Europe, just as most wouldn't. This is from early 2013. It echoes that belief.

http://www.fightsaga.com/Press-Rele...litschko-What-place-will-they-hold-in-history

I would disagree with that journalist specifically stating Eastern Europe though as even in Western Europe they're rather well known. They're certainly not household names in America, not like Tyson, Foreman, even Lewis (a Brit). America is still very much the mecca of boxing and that's just the way it is. It's unfortunate.
They may not be HUGE but pretty big yeah. They spend most of their time there but they are legit world champs.

They may not be HUGE but pretty big yeah. They spend most of their time there but they are legit world champs.

Not arguing the latter. Vitali was and Wlad was. No debate. It's thanks to them for helping usher in the Eastern European fighters of today (including Golovkin, though he's from Kazakhstan, same place Wlad was born).

Last edited:
I agree. What do you think the odds are of this happening when it's supposed to happen? Pardon my skepticism but we don't want another May-Pac kinda thing. Ward has a better chance of beating my man (Kovalev) now rather than waiting because Kovalev is only getting better and there's always that chance of either guy losing in the build up to their big fight, which I don't see happening but that's always a possibility.
Theyll fight in November.

Sounds like its going to be Cleverly or Brand (who he was supposed to fight last year) for Ward in July. Shit fights but whatever. Just stay busy until November.

Sounds like its going to be Cleverly or Brand (who he was supposed to fight last year) for Ward in July. Shit fights but whatever. Just stay busy until November.
Cleverly is a dangerous fight but a decent matchup.

Either ways its going to do pretty average ratings (around 1 million viewers) on HBO because of Ward's name.

Yeah, or Skoglund I've heard too. Sounds like it'll be Cleverly. I want to see how Ward does against him so this is an interesting fight to me since obviously Kovalev fought him. They'll have a mutual opponent in common.

Yeah, or Skoglund I've heard too. Sounds like it'll be Cleverly. I want to see how Ward does against him so this is an interesting fight to me since obviously Kovalev fought him. They'll have a mutual opponent in common.
Cleverly's people are interested, Skoglund's havent seemed too keen on it apparently.

Ward should handle Clev pretty easily. Puo mentioned it earlier but Ward does look small for 175, I think his boxing ability and smarts in the ring can carry him against bigger guys but it is something to consider since a lot of guys are gonna be much bigger than him. I still think he beats Kovalev and Adonis if the latter ever happens. He's too smart but he's gonna be at a size disadvantage against pretty much everybody at 175.

Back