Canelo vs Lemieux in talks

Rather see Curtis vs Lemieux on the undercard of a Canelo/GGG fight

They have been going off on twitter

Last edited:
Obviously this does not even come close to a Canelo vs GGG fight. But Canelo vs Lemieux at 160 is probably a much better fight than a lot of people might immediately think.

I don't mind Canelo having a fight at 160 against Lemieux before fighting Golovkin at 160, that is reasonable.

GGG vs Jacobs, Canelo vs Lemieux. I said it the other day.

Obviously this does not even come close to a Canelo vs GGG fight. But Canelo vs Lemieux at 160 is probably a much better fight than a lot of people might immediately think.

I don't mind Canelo having a fight at 160 against Lemieux before fighting Golovkin at 160, that is reasonable.

GGG vs Jacobs, Canelo vs Lemieux. I said it the other day.
I don't know if it will be Jacobs for GGG, but Canelo fighting Lemi at 160 makes sense so he and GGG can have time to iron out a deal that both sides can agree to.

Maybe Saunders will face GGG in the meantime.

I don't know if it will be Jacobs for GGG, but Canelo fighting Lemi at 160 makes sense so he and GGG can have time to iron out a deal that both sides can agree to.

its a good test for canelo if ggg insists on having it at 160, a pretty good warm up

Saunders will likely face Danny if we can't come to an agreement with GGG. The numbers are already very close. Don't see anything with Canelo materializing this year but it's early.

Yes it is, if only this was the noise coming from the Canelo camp instead of the nonsense.

Saunders will likely face Danny if we can't come to an agreement with GGG. The numbers are already very close. Don't see anything with Canelo materializing this year but it's early.
Would it be at 168 or a catch?

I think Lemieux stops Canelo then again I picked Barrera to TKO Ward and boy was I wrong...

So instead of fighting GGG, he hands over the belt and wants to fight a guy GGG hammered. Yeah not a good look imo.

Battle of the no jabbers. Someone is getting stretched in this fight.

So instead of fighting GGG, he hands over the belt and wants to fight a guy GGG hammered. Yeah not a good look imo.
Cotto did the same thing.

GGG called out Cotto, and then Cotto picked to fight a guy that GGG beat.

and nobody calling out Cotto for it

Canelo wins cleanly within the distance against Lemieux. Lemieux isn't great, outside of his power what is he going to do to bother Canelo? Canelo will eat him up on the inside, and work his jab from the outside. It's going to look similar to GGG/Lemieux.

Because everyone knew he was fighting Canelo next.

Dont get me started on that. That was WORSE than this. Cotto not only fought GGGs scraps he made him lose three pounds too, even though he was so over matched, disgraceful.

Canelo will eat him up on the inside, and work his jab from the outside. It's going to look similar to GGG/Lemieux.

I can't think of a fight in which Canelo really dominated with the jab. He uses it to set up punches sometimes, but it's not one of his primary weapons.

Lemieux is not a world beater, but he is a full-size middleweight with big power. I think that is a reasonable fight to take before fighting GGG. Should be fireworks, if nothing else.

Dont get me started on that. That was WORSE than this. Cotto not only fought GGGs scraps he made him lose three pounds too, even though he was so over matched, disgraceful.

Cotto went up in weight to beat Martinez, who everyone thought would destroy and retire Cotto. He took one single defense against a large middleweight in Geale, then he fought Canelo.

I don't know why you'd nitpick that or call it disgraceful. Cotto handled his brief run at 160 like the champion that he is.

Back