****Canelo vs GGG on September 16*** Official Thread

Who do you have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plese somebody help me! I'm not very know with boxing. I watch couple of fights but i'm more a kickboxing guy.

But whats yhe deal with canelo he is Mexican right ? Why does he looks like some swedisch dude ? I though Mexicans had black hair and stuff ?
(Not to sound complete rascist haha just wondering)

The french conquered Mexico 1862-1867 Leaving little Frenches
Mexicans are a mixed race of Black White and Indian . Thats why some look white Black and Indian Latinos are not a race they are a mixer of different races

He was basically a big punching bag though. He doesn't have a GGG or Jacobs level offense.

Absolutely agree with that and Marc A's reply to my comment as well. It's just that I don't think GGGs style will take advantage of a slight size advantage either. GGG puts pressure on guys, but it's not a physically overwhelming/workrate type of pressure. It's mostly about his power, and Canelo might have the boxing ability and speed to deal with iht.

GGG and Jacobs are way more talented than Chavez, who is mainly a chin and a decent punch. You won't find any argument from me there. Like I said I was leaning towards GGG. Just a bit more neutral now. It should be a great fight.

I missed some of the fight last night but Chavez didn't seem to do much in the way of punching. Jacobs is a much more dangerous fighter. He had the size and offense so even though it was a closer fight I'd give GGG the edge against Canelo.
Honestly at this point in the middle weight class I have jacobs as the uncrowned champ. I think Jacobs should of took a majority decision at least against 3G. At best for 3G it should of been a draw. (And personally I like ggg a lot)

I don't think Canelo should even be a middle weight. Imo he won't beat 3G (not saying it won't be close fight) and he sure as heck won't beat Jacobs period. I would even give Lemieux about a 40-50% chance against Canelo. (Mainly due to Lemieux's power and durability)

Canelo has improved his pure boxing. He has good accuracy and his defense has looked better. Canelo should stay at junior middleweight where his power is proven and solidify his career there as a champion in that weight class, which I fully believe he is capable of.

Jr. Should retire.

Yes, but to put it in perspective, it is a year later post dropping back down to JMW to avoid the fight.
Lol @ avoiding the fight. Theyre going to sell more now.

Absolutely agree with that and Marc A's reply to my comment as well. It's just that I don't think GGGs style will take advantage of a slight size advantage either. GGG puts pressure on guys, but it's not a physically overwhelming/workrate type of pressure. It's mostly about his power, and Canelo might have the boxing ability and speed to deal with iht.

GGG and Jacobs are way more talented than Chavez, who is mainly a chin and a decent punch. You won't find any argument from me there. Like I said I was leaning towards GGG. Just a bit more neutral now. It should be a great fight.
I think it's a pretty even fight. Sometimes they say it's not how hard you can hit but how much punishment you can take. It might turn out working that way in this upcoming fight.

Name the fighters who were at their bets at 35? Do you think that's the typical prime of a fighter?

Facts are not excuses.
Yeah but we're talking about a fight that should have happened only 8 months ago. It's not like he's been ducking him for 5 years. And besides most of the slack he got was for saying he'd fight him right then and there after the Khan fight but then dropped the title and went back to JMW. If he had just said it's a good fight about a year down the road so he can put some size on I don't think he would have received so much derision.

The french conquered Mexico 1862-1867 Leaving little Frenches
Mexicans are a mixed race of Black White and Indian . Thats why some look white Black and Indian Latinos are not a race they are a mixer of different races
Don't forget the Spanish are European.

Lol @ avoiding the fight. Theyre going to sell more now.
How do you know that? I don't see how this fight is so much more sellable now. If anything now you have Jacobs in the mix garnering some sentiment as being the legit champ.

The biggest selling fight ever was "over marinated".

Oh right. I must have missed the memo that said the quality of a boxing match relates to how much money it generates.

I've no doubt GGG vs Canelo will do very well too, but that doesn't stop the fact that I (and I suspect a lot of other people) would have been more excited for the bout before both guys last fights.

GGG by ko easily.. size and power difference is huge
Size and power don't win fights at the elite level.

A year ago, I was favoring Golovkin, now I think its a pick em and I might even be starting to lean towards Canelo.

Oh right. I must have missed the memo that said the quality of a boxing match relates to how much money it generates.

I've no doubt GGG vs Canelo will do very well too, but that doesn't stop the fact that I (and I suspect a lot of other people) would have been more excited for the bout before both guys last fights.
You don't think Pac vs Floyd would have been a better fight if it had happened a year or two earlier?

You don't think Pac vs Floyd would have been a better fight if it had happened a year or two earlier?

That's exactly the point I'm making.

But apparently it's better to make it wait longer if it sells more tickets et according to some fans.

True and don't forget the Black Moors ruled Spain for 800 years
Mixing with them that's why they have Sub-Saharan African DNA
African slaves were also brought to the New World adding that DNA as well.

Canelo looked sharp as hell last night. I used to think GGG would crush him, but now it seems like a pretty even fight. GGG has a good jab, so does Canella, but GGG looked to be about 2 inches taller. Moreover, he has longer arms for his frame than Canelo does.

But god damn Canelo through some sharp punches. I do think he gets too lazy with his defense tho.
Canelos defense is very good. Dont mistake him trying to let chavez hit him to create interest last night as lazy defense, when needed hos defense seems as sharp as his offense

True and don't forget the Black Moors ruled Spain for 800 years
Mixing with them that's why they have Sub-Saharan African DNA
Moors were not black- they were Berber and Arab. So no "sub saharan african dna", despite what Dennis Hopper told you.

Seeing this last night, I thought it was cringey and corny but rewatching it now, I kinda appreciate the attempt at pro-wrestling theatrics. Both fighters are so bad at self-promotion, but bless their hearts for trying.

Size and power don't win fights at the elite level.

A year ago, I was favoring Golovkin, now I think its a pick em and I might even be starting to lean towards Canelo.
Honest question. You think Canelo would beat Jacobs? I have a hard time seeing that. What about charlo?

Canelo showed us allot of good things tonight against jr. But in reality I'm not sure if he is going to enjoy that much success against the cream of the crop in MW. I respect Canelo going up in weight to fight at MW.

Imo based on what he showed us last night, I think he should stay jmw and work to become undisputed there. I actually think he could do it, (though I would not be surprised if he drops a fight or two) but given his height and seemingly lack of power transfer in going up, the elite at MW are going to give him trouble. Imo he's in a rock and hard spot at jmw and mw. In no situation do I see him not getting another L on his record.

Still he is good fighter. Just try to look at his options reasonably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back