****Canelo vs GGG on September 16*** Official Thread

Who do you have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a little different when you're GGG and have been largely avoided by your entire division for what feels like a decade. GGG is 35 now and struggled a lot vs Jacobs, now Canelo is ready to fight him? :rolleyes: I'm shocked. What a coincidence. Oh yes, marinate, of course.
People are concentrating too much on GGG having a bad performance without asking themselves that maybe Jacobs just had a really good performance

People are concentrating too much on GGG having a bad performance without asking themselves that maybe Jacobs just had a really good performance

That's not terribly relevant to the point I was making though.

It's fairly understandable to have your toughest fight against the best opponent you've ever had.

As for the timing, it's no rocket science either : prizefighting is a business based on risk/reward ratios. Pre-Jacobs GGG was far from being a big PPV draw. Canelo is a big PPV draw. As long as the money was better or just as good fighting Khan, well, he fought Khan.

Last edited:
Canelo can outbox GGG.

Annihilating a guy who's never been remotely close to be thoroughly dominated and took Jacobs' punch with ease is a bit far fetched.

Last edited:
That was RAW is WAR.

GGG entering the ring with his own video and music and then both fighters cutting a promo.

Canelo vs JR was already Pride FC like booking, props to De la Hoya or whover plan that.

Last edited:
I was confident that GGG had a slight edge in this matchup, but now I'm not so sure. Canelo looked great. I understand that GGG is much better than Chavez, but Canelo showed that the size difference won't be a significant factor IMO.

Plese somebody help me! I'm not very know with boxing. I watch couple of fights but i'm more a kickboxing guy.

But whats yhe deal with canelo he is Mexican right ? Why does he looks like some swedisch dude ? I though Mexicans had black hair and stuff ?
(Not to sound complete rascist haha just wondering)
Well that probably goes back to history where Canelo is from Gudalajara that was settled by the Spainish but the Spainish are made up of lots of ethinicities in the pasts germanic tribes and celtic tribes ran around the Iberian peninsula leaving ther dna all over the place I'm swarthy but I have cousin's with blond hair and blue eyes also a few redheads so by looking at canelo he probably has Celtic or Germanic blood from these ancient peoples.

Finally! Once they started the promo I knew that the date was set. Funny it lands on best buddies wedding day.

That is funny, a little too funny...

Inbuilt excuse to delay the fight once again! Thanks alot JKS's best buddy..

I think Canelo has matured as a fighter. I can see him outboxing GGG.

Spence vs Brooks looks sick on paper. That is my most anticipated fight of the year other than GGG/Canelo.
giphy.gif

You're a Canelo fan? You led to believe that you were some kind of impartial film observer.
Nope. Errol Spence fan.

I'm sorry you don't understand how obnoxious the GGG brigade is. GGG is awesome, most of his fan base is about as cringeworthy as it gets.

Canelo looked sharp as hell last night. I used to think GGG would crush him, but now it seems like a pretty even fight. GGG has a good jab, so does Canella, but GGG looked to be about 2 inches taller. Moreover, he has longer arms for his frame than Canelo does.

But god damn Canelo through some sharp punches. I do think he gets too lazy with his defense tho.

Surely it is possible to over "marinate" a fight though too. I would have been a lot more excited about the bout before both fighters last performances which were a bit lack lustre.

That being said I am still looking forward to the fight. I'm just dreading the inevitable hundred threads a day and dick fencing (which would be bad enough if people were using their own dicks never mind GGGs/Canelos) in the next few months,
The biggest selling fight ever was "over marinated".

Finally. I've been looking forward to this fight for a while now. A true boxing dream match. Hopefully it lives up to the hype, unlike the last one.

I hope GGG caves in the side of Canelo's face.

Well that probably goes back to history where Canelo is from Gudalajara that was settled by the Spainish but the Spainish are made up of lots of ethinicities in the pasts germanic tribes and celtic tribes ran around the Iberian peninsula leaving ther dna all over the place I'm swarthy but I have cousin's with blond hair and blue eyes also a few redheads so by looking at canelo he probably has Celtic or Germanic blood from these ancient peoples.

Yep, people associate Mexicans with amerindian features but forget there is a lot of Europeans mixed into that country. The majority of Mexican people that Americans encountered are the ones with a lot of amerindian genetics which usually lead to a lot of short people. Take someone like Cain, he's obviously has some strong European DNA based on his sized and look. His father also looks white.

Caindad_medium.jpg

Mexican President's family looks a lot whiter than the cast of the Jersey shore

15639.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back