Canelo vs Chavez Jr in talks. BREAKING: Canelo signed the contract, waiting on Chavez Jr

Canelo/GGG talks have resumed for the Fall.

If Canelo can beat JCCjr, it will be shameful if he ducks GGG because GGG is too big.

Yeah, I just want to see Canelo vs GGG already. Tired of waiting. Thankfully it (probably) wont take as long as May/Pac, but dammit, I'm going to lose some serious respect for Canelo if he continues to duck past this year.

Because we were discussing in this thread how Canelo will go up to fight Chavez but not Golovkin. He's moving up HIGHER than he would to fight Golovkin and people are still saying its not enough. Its ridiculous. We'd all prefer that it be Golovkin he fights but its not. Going up in weight 10 pounds is a challenge as far as I'm concerned. Going up 10 pounds is a lot more of an unknown than expecting Chavez to show up in shape at his correct weight.

He is going up 10 pounds to fight a can who often misses weigh and fakes injuries. He would be nothing if he wasn't named Chavez and even his pops stated publicly that he should just retire because he won't train to fight properly and will just get himself hurt.

The whole going up past GGG's weight is hilarious because his biggest excuse for not fighting GGG was that he wasn't a 160 pound fighter. Now all of a sudden he's a 165 pound fighter. So what you see as him testing himself, a lot of other people see as him fighting anyone below GGG's weight and anyone above GGG's weight but not GGG because he just doesn't want to risk a loss. So no it doesn't instantly appease all the fans who have been waiting for him to fight GGG ever since he said I'll fight you right now cause mexicans don't fuck around. I think Chavez/Canelo will be a fun fight but I can clearly see why it would just add fuel to the fire of all the Canelo/GGG ducking drama.

Meanwhile GGG is fighting the best 160 pound fighter in the world not named GGG who walks around at 193 pounds. If all goes well for Canelo, Jacobs will beat GGG then move up to 175 and Canelo can fight both of their leftovers for the rest of his career while avoiding both of them.

He is going up 10 pounds to fight a can who often misses weigh and fakes injuries. He would be nothing if he wasn't named Chavez and even his pops stated publicly that he should just retire because he won't train to fight properly and will just get himself hurt.

The whole going up past GGG's weight is hilarious because his biggest excuse for not fighting GGG was that he wasn't a 160 pound fighter. Now all of a sudden he's a 165 pound fighter. So what you see as him testing himself, a lot of other people see as him fighting anyone below GGG's weight and anyone above GGG's weight but not GGG because he just doesn't want to risk a loss. So no it doesn't instantly appease all the fans who have been waiting for him to fight GGG ever since he said I'll fight you right now cause mexicans don't fuck around. I think Chavez/Canelo will be a fun fight but I can clearly see why it would just add fuel to the fire of all the Canelo/GGG ducking drama.

Meanwhile GGG is fighting the best 160 pound fighter in the world not named GGG who walks around at 193 pounds. If all goes well for Canelo, Jacobs will beat GGG then move up to 175 and Canelo can fight both of their leftovers for the rest of his career while avoiding both of them.
So is Golovkin a coward for fighting Jacobs at 160? He walks around at 193! Jacobs wanted the fight at 168, if I remember correctly. Come on, golovkin. Right?
Yeah, Golovkin does have a good fight coming up. So? How many gimme fights has that guy had while calling out welterweights to fight at 154 but refusing Canelo at 155? Even after Golovkin fights Jacobs, he won't have fought the level of opposition Canelo has.
You guys are being unrealistic about this fight and expecting things of Canelo that I bet you'd think were ridiculous of other fighters.
You guys shit on Canelo for fighting Khan yet Golovkin fighting Brook was an "interesting challenge!"
And come on now. How many fighters go up in weight more than 10 pounds over the course of one fight? You guys are being unreasonable with your expectation of what Canelo is supposed to do.
I'm not telling anyone who and what to like in boxing but be consistent with your criticisms, at least.

So is Golovkin a coward for fighting Jacobs at 160? He walks around at 193! Jacobs wanted the fight at 168, if I remember correctly. Come on, golovkin. Right?
Yeah, Golovkin does have a good fight coming up. So? How many gimme fights has that guy had while calling out welterweights to fight at 154 but refusing Canelo at 155? Even after Golovkin fights Jacobs, he won't have fought the level of opposition Canelo has.
You guys are being unrealistic about this fight and expecting things of Canelo that I bet you'd think were ridiculous of other fighters.
You guys shit on Canelo for fighting Khan yet Golovkin fighting Brook was an "interesting challenge!"
And come on now. How many fighters go up in weight more than 10 pounds over the course of one fight? You guys are being unreasonable with your expectation of what Canelo is supposed to do.
I'm not telling anyone who and what to like in boxing but be consistent with your criticisms, at least.

Most of your post is just nonsense and instead of talking to me about things I actually said you're doing the "you guys" "you guys" "you guys" bullshit where you lump in everyone who likes one fighter or dislikes another.

I expect exactly shit from Canelo and that is what he gives boxing fans. I don't give a single fuck if he fights Chavez at 154.5 or 175 because it's still a shit fight against a shit fighter. Chavez isn't good at all. He won several bogus decisions and he's been destroyed by the two good fighters he fought. If Chavez allows himself to be weight drained and half dead before the bell rings it's his choice so good for him. The fault is in putting another easy win on PPV when both GGG and Jacobs were right there waiting.

Yeah, GGG sure is "a coward" for fighting the 160 pound champ Jacobs at 160 pounds. That makes tons of sense.

I was happy that GGG/Brook was not on PPV unlike the Canelo/Khan fight. Brook is a much better fighter than Khan is but both fights were pretty silly matches considering the weight differences. Again my gripe was having to pay to see Khan put to sleep which should have been free like it was to watch Brooks eye socket implode.

Canelo can basically fight whoever he wants and he picks nobodies. GGG has a hard time finding good opponents but he's fighting his best opponent ever in a couple months. Yeah Canelo has a better resume but he stopped fighting anyone good after he beat Cotto in 2015.

I am pretty damn consistent with what I say and feel but you are trying to put all the stupid shit other people say on me as though every fan of GGG is exactly the same.

Most of your post is just nonsense and instead of talking to me about things I actually said you're doing the "you guys" "you guys" "you guys" bullshit where you lump in everyone who likes one fighter or dislikes another.
I don't really care to respond to 800 different posts individually if I can respond with one post.

I expect exactly shit from Canelo and that is what he gives boxing fans. I don't give a single fuck if he fights Chavez at 154.5 or 175 because it's still a shit fight against a shit fighter. Chavez isn't good at all. He won several bogus decisions and he's been destroyed by the two good fighters he fought. If Chavez allows himself to be weight drained and half dead before the bell rings it's his choice so good for him. The fault is in putting another easy win on PPV when both GGG and Jacobs were right there waiting.
Chavez is decent. He's no Golovkin and has a lot of wear and tear but this fight will go 12 rounds and be entertaining from start to finish. The only guy who has "destroyed" Chavez was Fonfara, a top light heavy weight.

Yeah, GGG sure is "a coward" for fighting the 160 pound champ Jacobs at 160 pounds. That makes tons of sense.
But something is wrong with Canelo going up? Whats the criticism of this fight other than its not Golovkin? Its not a championship fight. Its just a big mexican fight. Golovkin has a fight signed, Canelo is going up in weight to test the waters against bigger guys.

I was happy that GGG/Brook was not on PPV unlike the Canelo/Khan fight. Brook is a much better fighter than Khan is but both fights were pretty silly matches considering the weight differences. Again my gripe was having to pay to see Khan put to sleep which should have been free like it was to watch Brooks eye socket implode.
It was PPV in the UK actually. It would have been in the states too if fans cared enough to buy his fights.

Canelo can basically fight whoever he wants and he picks nobodies. GGG has a hard time finding good opponents but he's fighting his best opponent ever in a couple months. Yeah Canelo has a better resume but he stopped fighting anyone good after he beat Cotto in 2015.
He's had 2 fights since then FFS.

Khan is a good fighter but even if you didn't like that fight, Liam Smith is a decent win, I'd certainly rate him as highly as Golovkins last tomato can. You're saying you're not seeing the fights you want and thats a fair criticism. But you can't just decide everyone else sucks because it wasn't the fight you wanted.

I am pretty damn consistent with what I say and feel but you are trying to put all the stupid shit other people say on me as though every fan of GGG is exactly the same.
There's a pretty consistent narrative about Golovkin on this site.

Jr. is just lazy. No reason he can't make weight.

Wrong. You can continue to throw your spin on it but the fact remains Canelo is moving up 10 pounds to fight a can with a famous father. If he were fighting Jacobs at 160 he would be proving more. And yes, 160, it's the weight he and GGG have titles.

I don't really care to respond to 800 different posts individually if I can respond with one post.

Chavez is decent. He's no Golovkin and has a lot of wear and tear but this fight will go 12 rounds and be entertaining from start to finish. The only guy who has "destroyed" Chavez was Fonfara, a top light heavy weight.

But something is wrong with Canelo going up? Whats the criticism of this fight other than its not Golovkin? Its not a championship fight. Its just a big mexican fight. Golovkin has a fight signed, Canelo is going up in weight to test the waters against bigger guys.

It was PPV in the UK actually. It would have been in the states too if fans cared enough to buy his fights.

He's had 2 fights since then FFS.

Khan is a good fighter but even if you didn't like that fight, Liam Smith is a decent win, I'd certainly rate him as highly as Golovkins last tomato can. You're saying you're not seeing the fights you want and thats a fair criticism. But you can't just decide everyone else sucks because it wasn't the fight you wanted.

There's a pretty consistent narrative about Golovkin on this site.
Nope. You can go into lawyer mode if you want but it's still just you putting your spin on a crap fight.

Wrong. You can continue to throw your spin on it but the fact remains Canelo is moving up 10 pounds to fight a can with a famous father. If he were fighting Jacobs at 160 he would be proving more. And yes, 160, it's the weight he and GGG have titles.

there is no way that canelo would be fighting jacobs at 160 in his first fight at mw. their camp is so unsure of how alvarez will fare against a legit mw, where canelos size and weight advantage willl be negated, that they are looking at draining their first opponent when moving up

this is about as transparent as one can get.

http://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-trainer-three-fights-2017-maybe-first-158--109758

http://izquierdazo.com/david-lemieux-no-peleara-con-canelo-en-menos-de-160-libras

Anyone who knows anything knows how these fights are going to fall.

Anyone who knows anything knows how these fights are going to fall.
Yep.

Its competitive until round 6 which is when Chavez gets tired. Canelo finishes him in TKO around round 11, when Chavez takes too much of a beating and the ref jumps in to save him

Yeah exactly. Heck better fights at BOTH of Canelo's weight classes. Also, against better fighters.
I don't get how 10lbs trumps better fights for belts against better opposition.
Chavez Jr was never the boogey man a lot of people on here romanticize him to be. His loses proved that. His quitting proved that. His pullouts prove that. Him missing weight proved that. And his last few fights prove it as well. Chavez Jr is exactly what he has shown.
Just another case of Sherdoggers suffering from "Motivated Penn, Sea Level Cain, Chuck with that look in his eyes" syndrome.

Yep.

Its competitive until round 6 which is when Chavez gets tired. Canelo finishes him in TKO around round 11, when Chavez takes too much of a beating and the ref jumps in to save him
And the world title for missing the point goes to... FAT DANS GIMP!

I like this fight for a variety of reasons

Canelo to small narrative won't be used when dealing with GGG

This fight is a money grap and is casual friendly with the large Mexican fan base this will be a fun event bringing in more casuals to the GGG v Canelo fight

Smart business move

Yep.

Round 6? More like round 2 maybe 3.

Yeah exactly. Heck better fights at BOTH of Canelo's weight classes. Also, against better fighters.
I don't get how 10lbs trumps better fights for belts against better opposition.
Chavez Jr was never the boogey man a lot of people on here romanticize him to be. His loses proved that. His quitting proved that. His pullouts prove that. Him missing weight proved that. And his last few fights prove it as well. Chavez Jr is exactly what he has shown.
Just another case of Sherdoggers suffering from "Motivated Penn, Sea Level Cain, Chuck with that look in his eyes" syndrome.

right, it just tells you people will believe what they want to believe

lol Vanes being racist, but he is right. I think the fight is going to end with a tired JCCjr running and the ref stopping the fight

Back