Canelo vs Chavez Jr in talks. BREAKING: Canelo signed the contract, waiting on Chavez Jr

If that fight took place it would obviously be Ppv and would sell more in Mexico than UFC can dream of in USA.

Lol that jr can make 165 and I don't see Canelo wanting this fight but they'll make a lot of money if true.

So Canelo wasn't willing to go up to 160lbs to face GGG but now will go to 165lbs ???

F*ck Canelo....

So Canelo wasn't willing to go up to 160lbs to face GGG but now will go to 165lbs ???

F*ck Canelo....
Hi, boxers have these things called promoters who they sign a contract with. The promoter then negotiates their fights to get them the most money. He will make more fighting jcc jr than ggg. What is difficult to understand?

Hi, boxers have these things called promoters who they sign a contract with. The promoter then negotiates their fights to get them the most money. He will make more fighting jcc jr than ggg. What is difficult to understand?

Will Canelo fight another 147er after JCC Jr?

I'll watch Canelo when he face a real contender, thank you.

I'd rather him stay at 154 and face Kell Brook, Errol Spence (who said he would fight Canelo in a heartbeat), the Charlo brothers, Demetrius Andrade or you know he can just fight GGG at 160 but I get it this is all about money. Its not even Canelo ducking GGG. Its Canelos team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will Canelo fight another 147er after JCC Jr?

I'll watch Canelo when he face a real contender, thank you.
No idea bud, oscar de la fishnets is trying to make money for no risk, which he is. All this ducking stuff isn't true

I don't really care for it, but I don't see the problem with Canelo giving up a ton of size to tap into a fight that would be huge in Mexico. The only issue is wether Chavez can make weight or not.

I'll watch this. Chavez is a tough matchup for anybody that much smaller than him. But I cannot imagine him making 165, that would take a ton of work.

I like the fight. Chavez Jr, if focus, can be pretty dangerous.
Dont know if he can make weight though.

This should be a fun fight to watch regardless of who'll win.

No way Jr. makes 165lbs.
Yea, but I think the fight would still continue and Canelo would still beat him, making himself look better.
Jr did come in at 167.5 if I am correct on his last fight.
So its possible.

Canelo fights Khan, gets shit for it.
GGG fights Brook, people are interested.
Canelo fights a guy that is bigger and might not be able to make 165lbs, and he still gets shit.

Canelo could fight Kovalev at 175 in March, and you would still get the "Hes duckin GGG, Ward exposed Kov already".

Canelo fights Khan, gets shit for it.
GGG fights Brook, people are interested.
Canelo fights a guy that is bigger and might not be able to make 165lbs, and he still gets shit.

Canelo could fight Kovalev at 175 in March, and you would still get the "Hes duckin GGG, Ward exposed Kov already".
I think the big difference there is that canelo is avoiding people while golovkin is being avoided by people

Back