Canelo - GGG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its sad how little this fight is being hyped due to the circus last night.

Anyway, Canelo goes boxer and aims for the body counters at every opportunity. Golovkin has his scary moments early on but Canelo wears him down the stretch and drops him or takes a close decision.

I think the Jacobs fight was the beginning of GGG's decline. He's 35 years old already. I don't see Canelo knocking out GGG but I think people are going to be surprised at how well he beats him.

Honestly I think the signs of decline have been there since the Monroe fight if not a bit earlier. He still starts about as fast as he did when he was in his late 20s but his hands and feet are slower and he doesn't carry his endurance as well into later rounds.

Still, there are questions about this fight given Canelo's apparent dislike of pressure, he hasn't fought a decent come forward guy since ever (I don't really consider Kirkland and Angulo to be worth mentioning) and he's moving up a weight class to fight the best pressure fighter at 160. IMO he's still got a pretty big question mark next to his name when it comes to handling power shots from a full sized middleweight with good setups who can also box.

Canelo wins in a career defining moment by UD.
Fight will be close enough for a rematch.

Just thinking about this makes me all giddy.

This is gonna be a great night.

I can't believe how many people are picking Canelo. All because GGG was flustered by Jacobs- who is much bigger and quicker than either of them. Gennady gonna be walking down Canelo all night and leave him shellshocked.
I had Canelo even before the Jacobs fight.

I have Canelo by 7th round KO, tell me why I'm wrong

I had Canelo even before the Jacobs fight.

I have Canelo by 7th round KO, tell me why I'm wrong
he's gonna be disheartened early on when GGG walks through his best shots and end up fighting defensively while getting cornered into traps. The word of the day is "composure" and the Kazakh will be the one flaunting it.

I can't believe how many people are picking Canelo. All because GGG was flustered by Jacobs- who is much bigger and quicker than either of them. Gennady gonna be walking down Canelo all night and leave him shellshocked.

Thats a good point. Canelo is not as quick or big.

I keep going back n forth and lately ive been thinking ggg gets him.

Canelo has fought some scrub competition in his last 3 fights and ggg is worlds above them.

I think there's a lot of negativity around Golovkin's performance against Jacobs. I think it takes away from the fact that Jacobs is a very good middleweight who was nearly a LHW. I think Jacobs would beat most other Middleweights including Canelo.

On the other hand I hear a lot of talk about how good Canelo looked against a dead body in Chavez Jr who he didn't hurt and never came close to stopping him.

I don't see Canelo hurting Golovkin, I see a competitive fight for 4 rounds before Golovkin takes over. I don't think he stops Canelo but he could drop him and take a UD

My opinion has nothing to do with Danny.

Bump. For gods sake people, can we talk about this fight instead of the shit show this weekend?

Canelo is really good at those counters but I think ggg jab is going to surprise him. Now we got the fiasco over with now we can look forward to the real boxing event of the year

Ggg looking like a killer

If Canelo wins it will be epic btw is that Canelo in the background? Lol

The only Canelo fight I've ever watched was the Khan fight where Amir boxed the shit out of him until Canelo's right hand of God made him pay for taking the feint to the body. But Amir was a Welterweight fighting at Middleweight and is known for his weak chin anyways. His last fight was against a tired and worn JCC Jr, which ended up being more of a farce than the fight last Saturday.

Golovkin got tagged more than he should have against Brook, but broke his eye socket and didn't fear his power. He then fought a taller, longer man in Jacobs and won a controversial decision.

However, Jacob's gameplan was perfect. He used his long jab and footwork to keep Golovkin at bay. He's also 6'1 and has a 73" reach.

Canelo is an inch shorter than Golovkin with about equal reach.

I'm a huge fan of Golovkin and appreciate his style a lot and because of that I think he will win. But I don't know enough about Canelo other than that he's a fierce in fighter with good hand speed, power, and movement.

Either way I'm excited as hell and never thought I'd get to see these two trade blows. Finding out that Lomachenko is probably fighting Rigondeaux is like a cherry on top of an already awesome boxing pie.

Ggg looking like a killer

If Canelo wins it will be epic btw is that Canelo in the background? Lol

i believe that is murat gassiev, who spars with golovkin, and is fighting this weekend in the cruiserweight tournament

168 benavedez was also training with golovkin and was supposed to go to canelos camp but alvarez decided against it

I really don't understand this underlying sentiment that Canelo somehow is an inferior boxer to GGG.

Not saying I read it here, but I've heard it.

I feel like there's plenty of people out there who think Canelo's little more than a glorified slugger, which is crazy tbh.

I really don't understand this underlying sentiment that Canelo somehow is an inferior boxer to GGG.

Not saying I read it here, but I've heard it.

I feel like there's plenty of people out there who think Canelo's little more than a glorified slugger, which is crazy tbh.

Where have you seen that: I've never come across that claim.

Like I said, I don't think I read it here. Probably just watercooler talk at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back