Canelo - GGG

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuff jones

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I couldn't fight a fight thread about this fight on the first three page. Now that the Floyd - McGregor sham is done, hopefully this fight starts to get the attention it deserves.

How do people see this playing out? I see Canelo outboxing GGG early and making him look slow handspeed wise. But by the mid rounds GGG starts to take over as he realizes Canelo's power isn't a huge threat. I don't see Canelo having the bicycle to stay out of range long enough and by the late rounds GGG's pressure and power break him down.

I see canelo digging hard to the body early and getting a late stoppage.

You think he can get inside that jab? I see GGG keeping him on the end of it most of the night.
If golovkin establishes the jab I will happily agree with you. If he doesn't he will get stopped. Injuries aside I don't see canelo losing.

I can't believe how many people are picking Canelo. All because GGG was flustered by Jacobs- who is much bigger and quicker than either of them. Gennady gonna be walking down Canelo all night and leave him shellshocked.

Golovkin looked pretty poor against Jacobs last time out, and for me, it looks like he might be on the slide, if my hunch is correct, i expect an emphatic win for Canelo

If it was a minor blip, and the 'normal' GGG turns up, i think Canelo may be in for a world of hurt

Canelo will smoke GGG, this is real Boxing and not the Mayweather McGregor freakshow fight.

I think Golovkin gets the stoppage late. He has both better footwork than Canelo, and a better Jab. And what Canelo brings to the table in terms of superior combination punching, Golovkin matches with superior punch variety and placement.

Both fighters have really heavy hands and sturdy chins, so win or lose, i don't think those two traits will play a deciding facor in the fight for either man.

Both fighters have really heavy hands.

You see this is a perception of Canelo that is unjustified (IMO) and that I think will be his undoing vs GGG. I don't think he's a big puncher, especially not at MW. I don't think GGG will have to be super cautious like he was vs Jacobs.

You see this is a perception of Canelo that is unjustified (IMO) and that I think will be his undoing vs GGG. I don't think he's a big puncher, especially not at MW. I don't think GGG will have to be super cautious like he was vs Jacobs.

he has a total of one kd in 48 rounds against 154s lara, floyd, trout and cotto.

yet somehow, someway, canelo is going to ko golovkin who has never been down in 37 professional fights along with close to 400 amatuers.

Golovkin looked pretty poor against Jacobs last time out, and for me, it looks like he might be on the slide, if my hunch is correct, i expect an emphatic win for Canelo

If it was a minor blip, and the 'normal' GGG turns up, i think Canelo may be in for a world of hurt

im betting that it was the matchup.

40-year-old hopkins did not look good against jermain taylor in the rematch, throwing only 371 punches, yet shows up six months later and two weight classes higher and schools antonio tarver

I don't think we really disagree. Canelo doesn't have the one-punch dynamism of guys like GGG, Lemieux, Jacobs, Charlo... but, i think his raw thudding power, combined with his combination punching (power + volume) will be enough to keep GGG honest until the middle rounds (at which point the beating GGG is putting on him will already be sapping his workrate and power).

I think the Jacobs fight was the beginning of GGG's decline. He's 35 years old already. I don't see Canelo knocking out GGG but I think people are going to be surprised at how well he beats him.

GGG jab will bust up Canelo, Canelo will find spots of success. The body shots will land and make GGG go back to his jab.
I don't see how Canelo wins this

im betting that it was the matchup.

40-year-old hopkins did not look good against jermain taylor in the rematch, throwing only 371 punches, yet shows up six months later and two weight classes higher and schools antonio tarver
Yeah, and if you remember tarver wasn't exactly young at that point.

Heart says GGG. Mind says Canelo.

I dont have a clear winner but this will be a hell of a fight.

i think this fight will tell us a lot more about Golovkin than it will Canelo, its gonna be very interesting and i cant wait

GGG has looked like shit his last two fights and Canelo is coming into his prime. 35 years old, 400 amateur fights, and 37 professional fights GGG is 90 years old in boxing years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back