Canelo - GGG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call it a hunch but I got GGG for the W but not by a KO. They'll both throw and in fact pretty hard, but nobody's going down and UD to GGG at the end.
Both have good jaws and good power but GGG seems more game and he'll get the nod.

This is such an epic clash of styles.

GGG's jab against Canelo's slick combos. Canelo's crushing bodywork against GGG's insane power. It's really intriguing because it's so hard to call. Yes GGG has a huge power advantage but there are fighters who just don't ever go down or get seriously hurt that have to be beat over the distance. Canelo has a chin and usually when you go up in weight your chin gets even better but GGG has yet to not hurt an opponent.

I think both guys have a lot to be happy about in this match but for GGG it's a dream come true on paper because the height and reach and speed are all pretty equal which means it's a fucking fight. He doesn't have to go looking for Canelo. He doesn't have to chase him down or work through long range bombs to get his shots off. So win or lose he will get the fight he wants at the range he wants and the weight he wants. Years of put up or shut up all boiling over at once. So hyped!!!

@PUO3 We still on for the price of the ppv?

This is such an epic clash of styles.

GGG's jab against Canelo's slick combos. Canelo's crushing bodywork against GGG's insane power. It's really intriguing because it's so hard to call. Yes GGG has a huge power advantage but there are fighters who just don't ever go down or get seriously hurt that have to be beat over the distance. Canelo has a chin and usually when you go up in weight your chin gets even better but GGG has yet to not hurt an opponent.

I think both guys have a lot to be happy about in this match but for GGG it's a dream come true on paper because the height and reach and speed are all pretty equal which means it's a fucking fight. He doesn't have to go looking for Canelo. He doesn't have to chase him down or work through long range bombs to get his shots off. So win or lose he will get the fight he wants at the range he wants and the weight he wants. Years of put up or shut up all boiling over at once. So hyped!!!

@PUO3 We still on for the price of the ppv?
Yessir

Canelo's workrate and stamina will prevent him from picking up the decision, I think, but his counter punching ability and commitment to the body will keep Golovkin honest for most of the fight. I see Golovkin's jab as being his most important punch again, just like it was against Jacobs.

people mentioning canelo going to the body but forget that golovkin broke two of macklins ribs

18smoq4aw8d2ygif.gif

Everyone knows Golovkin can punch.

Canelo didnt get worked to the gut by Monroe though.

Can't wait for this fight. I'm going with GGG.

GGG will steam roll Canelo .. he's too big for him

I think size is an absolute non-factor in this fight.

Canelo fought at a higher weight than GGG ever has in his last fight. Awhile back the one time Canelo got on the scales on fight night he was slightly heavier than GGG normally is on fight night. These guys are naturally pretty much the same weight.

I am pulling for GGG all the way but I am very curious how much better Canelo will be as a fighter when he isn't draining so much weight. His cardio and chin should be improved. His punching power should carry deeper into the fight and his punch output should be higher due to increased cardio all because of not sucking himself dry to make 154. Though I guess it's possible that Canelo has bulked up and will drain himself pretty equally to how he did in the past but with another 5 or so pounds of muscle on his frame. If that's the case he will surely be the bigger guy.

It's all so damn interesting!

I am surprised that so many people picking Canelo. I see GGG as clear favorite.

the counter opinions make me even more excited for the fight!

for one, he's never touched the canvas and i've only ever seen him hurt against cotto's brother, who he finished soon afterwards. he's done plenty of 12 rounders and he's been hit by some good punchers. kirkland isn't much of anything, but he is powerful. cotto has proper power. neither had him even flinching. he's also been there with really good boxers like lara and mayweather, and he never stopped trying to win. he fights well when he's the front runner and he can fight back from a deficit. he is durable in every sense of the word.

people love to say he fades in the later rounds, but i can't think of any such example in his recent fights. if anything, his opponents fade due to his consistent body work.

but he's never been in with anyone like golovkin, hence my prediction of canelo being the only one here potentially getting stopped. i won't be surprised at all if it goes to a decision, though.

To me it's hard to call someone durable at middle weight when he's only fought once at that weight and in nearly every fight prior has been the larger fighter. You're not supposed to be hurt by smaller men.

Everyone knows Golovkin can punch.

Canelo didnt get worked to the gut by Monroe though.

Worked to the gut? He cruised to a ko victory and was never hurt despite Monroe teeing off on him.

Now that the farce is over, we can focus on the real fight.

Worked to the gut? He cruised to a ko victory and was never hurt despite Monroe teeing off on him.
Simply not true. He was very visibly affected by it.

He took everything Monroe threw at him but on at least a couple of occasions he was visibly bothered by body shots. Don't look at a fighters face to see the effect of body work. Look at how the fighters body goes just barely stiff and bends very slightly. That slight spine curl while all the muscles flex is what gives it away every single time. It's as though the fighter's body tries to involuntarily shrink itself into a ball. You can't hide that shit. Once you learn to spot that you will almost always know when someone is hurt to the body even when you don't see the punch land or have a decent angle of either fighter.

He took everything Monroe threw at him but on at least a couple of occasions he was visibly bothered by body shots. Don't look at a fighters face to see the effect of body work. Look at how the fighters body goes just barely stiff and bends very slightly. That slight spine curl while all the muscles flex is what gives it away every single time. It's as though the fighter's body tries to involuntarily shrink itself into a ball. You can't hide that shit. Once you learn to spot that you will almost always know when someone is hurt to the body even when you don't see the punch land or have a decent angle of either fighter.

I know how to see that. I did not vs Monroe. I did vs Jacobs.

he has a total of one kd in 48 rounds against 154s lara, floyd, trout and cotto.

yet somehow, someway, canelo is going to ko golovkin who has never been down in 37 professional fights along with close to 400 amatuers.

Those names you mentione are slippery..ggg will be there in the pocket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back