Canelo GGG 2 is on

Who wins?

• Total voters
So the fact that he got outpunched in 10 of 12 rounds means nothing to you? You think those 4 extra power punches or whatever it was for canelo sealed it?

I don’t put any weight on Compubox numbers if that’s what you’re referring to here.

Watch the fight again with an open mind - see what you think.

GGG just opened as a 2 to 1 favorite.

So all you guys saying GGG has no shot should throw your money down on Canelo ASAP before the odds change too much.
thanks. i just put a few bucks on canelo.

i'll be rooting for golovkin, so if he wins i won't even care about the cash. if canelo wins, at least i get some money out of it.

i guess it'll be another draw now, lol

One truly fascinating thing about this fight is that when you watch it to validate GGG's supposed bullying of Canelo you end up seeing Canelo standing his ground and backing off GGG many times, and when you focus on Canelo's making GGG miss you end up seeing GGG land quite a lot on him.

One truly fascinating thing about this fight is that when you watch it to validate GGG's supposed bullying of Canelo you end up seeing Canelo standing his ground and backing off GGG many times, and when you focus on Canelo's making GGG miss you end up seeing GGG land quite a lot on him.
Bingo. Everyone who pretends the fight was strongly one way or the other is completely full of shit.

It was a very close fight between 1a 1b caliber opponents. Canelo did some matrix shit, and Canelo also got blasted with bombs that would probably drop an elephant. Golovkin brought the fight, and Golovkin also got stopped in his tracks.

I said when all this drama first started unfolding that it would be the new Pac/Mayweather. Being that fans struggle to discuss it rationaly. Feels like that even moreso the second go around.

I cannot wait to watch them dance again.

Bingo. Everyone who pretends the fight was strongly one way or the other is completely full of shit.

It was a very close fight between 1a 1b caliber opponents. Canelo did some matrix shit, and Canelo also got blasted with bombs that would probably drop an elephant. Golovkin brought the fight, and Golovkin also got stopped in his tracks.

I said when all this drama first started unfolding that it would be the new Pac/Mayweather. Being that fans struggle to discuss it rationaly. Feels like that even moreso the second go around.

I cannot wait to watch them dance again.

Agreed. With one more year and Canelo's ability to adjust and innovate I expect him to win and I would be very surprised if he doesn't. Regardless of the outcome the fight itself should be fucking good.

Agreed. With one more year and Canelo's ability to adjust and innovate I expect him to win and I would be very surprised if he doesn't. Regardless of the outcome the fight itself should be fucking good.

How? He can't outbox him. Knockout is a pretty far fetched proposition too. Add to that his tendency to run out of gas and fade.

How? He can't outbox him. Knockout is a pretty far fetched proposition too. Add to that his tendency to run out of gas and fade.

Canelo is 10 years younger & extremely juiced. Fails every single test & GGG still wants the fight. Golovkin is going to lose badly & it's his own order to fight against well known cheater. 6 round KO.

@spacetime

This is what I was trying to say, but Hagler has put it much better. Watch the fight again and focus on Canelo.

Oh yes he can outbox GGG. Not by a mile, but he can. He adjusts better and has more tricks in his bag. He figured out pretty well GGG's bread and butter one-two and will counter it even better. Canelo pretty much does get better at every showing, in terms of defense, timing and footwork. To me, for a guy who ate GGG's punches during 12 rounds, Canelo didn't exactly fade late the first time around. As a matter of fact he did very well managing his fatigue, and finished strong. This time he will be more used to MW and you can't expect him to vanish. Plus he proved he can take GGG's right without much trouble.

Now, about GGG. He's 36, and most great MW were over the hill at this point. At his age and given the way his boxing always focuses on the same - effective - tactics, it's hard to imagine him bringing any new stuff in the ring. GGG gets more or less relentless, depending on how much of a threat is the opponent, but otherwise his punch selection and movement are pretty much always the same. What he can do is putting more pressure early on - with a risk of getting hit back good by a fresh Canelo, à la Brook, only harder - and work the body more - even if rewatching the fight I saw him do more bodywork than I thought after watching it live.

I'm not saying GGG can't win the rematch : this is boxing after all. If Canelo isn't 100% for any reason he will get beaten. But given that Canelo is serious as hell and a KO is very unlikely - furthermore, we can hardly predict a judging bias against Canelo - it doesn't look good for GGG on paper. This will be a competitive fight - unless GGG is shot - but I don't think many factors favor GGG this time around. For the record I wish I'm wrong, as I'll be rooting for Gennady. But fandom and analysis are two different states of mind.

Last edited:
So you give Canelo no chance basically huh?

thanks. i just put a few bucks on canelo.

i'll be rooting for golovkin, so if he wins i won't even care about the cash. if canelo wins, at least i get some money out of it.

i guess it'll be another draw now, lol
Thanks lol i guess i am losing money too

So you give Canelo no chance basically huh?
giphy.gif

in the UK Canelo is 8/1 to win by TKO/KO got me some of that.....I like most thought GGG was robbed when I watched it but after watching it a couple of times I back tracked a lot and I think a year later GGG is older and Canelo has been taking his vitamin C so my money is on him I think this fight comes too late for GGG

in the UK Canelo is 8/1 to win by TKO/KO got me some of that.....I like most thought GGG was robbed when I watched it but after watching it a couple of times I back tracked a lot and I think a year later GGG is older and Canelo has been taking his vitamin C so my money is on him I think this fight comes too late for GGG

I had GGG winning the first by a slim margin, and I didnt like how Canelo handled himself post-fight. GGG was humble despite probably being wronged by the scorecards.

BUT I think Canelo is a more versatile and adaptive fighter than GGG, and obviously the fact he is younger doesn't hurt. As much as it grates me I reckon Canelo for the win this time around...I think it will be a clearer decision on it too for these reasons.

The fuck happened to the site? What is this mess?

<{katwhu}>

I had GGG winning the first by a slim margin, and I didnt like how Canelo handled himself post-fight. GGG was humble despite probably being wronged by the scorecards.

BUT I think Canelo is a more versatile and adaptive fighter than GGG, and obviously the fact he is younger doesn't hurt. As much as it grates me I reckon Canelo for the win this time around...I think it will be a clearer decision on it too for these reasons.
He wasn't humble. He claimed he didn't win because of racism.

Back