Canelo GGG 2 is on

Who wins?

• Total voters
I suspect that going into the first one, they believed Canelo wasn't in GGG's league and they didn't want to seem stupid picking somebody they thought didn't have a chance.

After seeing the first go around, they believe it's much more of a pick 'em fight, and Canelo has a very real chance of winning, so they are free to express their picks. Add to that the fact that father time is chipping away @ Gennady, and Canelo is just getting better... just a guess though.

For me, I'll pick GGG in devastating fashion this time around.
images

Liike the breakdown on your why,

Can you point out where you feel GGG started to become apprehensive?
Liike the breakdown on your why,

Can you point out where you feel GGG started to become apprehensive?
I recheck fight again to see if I'm full of shit, but Canelo landed some of his best and most convincing work in Rnds 10-12! He was clearly the more exhausted of the two, but was still throwing solid shots and stopped pacing himself as he'd done to conserve the previous 6 rounds (one of which I feel he definitely won, other's he made close between 4-9th rnds).

At the beginning of round 10, GGG had been coming on stronger and stronger, and Canelo had been looking more and more tired and content to take breaks after power shot after power shot had failed to slowdown the stalking GGG. Round 10 Canelo threw caution to the wind, and while it was close, and Canelo seemed winded and GGG more fresh, I couldn't not give Cinnamon the round. It was his first really solid round in a bit. The next two rounds Canelo, while looking the less fresh of the 2, was throwing the harder shots and answering everything. GGG seemed perfectly capable of throwing more energy wise, but seemed to be getting knocked off balance by some of the shots and stopped in his tracks. Canelo seemed to be fighting his stamina. He took some leather, but seemed to be giving a lot better than he was giving, and his punches seemed to have some of the best effect they had all fight, GGG was losing the fire fight all 3 rounds, and I think it was because Canelo had slowed him down and paid his dividends with quality work all night over quantity!

Canelo really opened up for a war those last 3 rounds, what GGG wanted, so why wasn't he beaten when he was so exhausted? Because his opponent was too roughed up to turn it up enough to force the win. imo

So now the promotion took this step

Loeffler says Canelo-GGG won’t have Face Off/Gloves are Off program before rematch

Canelo and Triple G do NOT want to see each other beyond the required press conferences and weigh-in. They have no choice but to take part in those meetings, as it’s part of the promotion for the fight.

And then this nugget
Golovkin deserved the decision, but he failed to make it clear enough to get all three of the judges o give it to him. I think it was a combination of fear on Golovkin’s part and a bad game plan that prevented him from getting the ‘W’ last time.

So now the promotion took this step

Loeffler says Canelo-GGG won’t have Face Off/Gloves are Off program before rematch

Canelo and Triple G do NOT want to see each other beyond the required press conferences and weigh-in. They have no choice but to take part in those meetings, as it’s part of the promotion for the fight.

And then this nugget
Golovkin deserved the decision, but he failed to make it clear enough to get all three of the judges o give it to him. I think it was a combination of fear on Golovkin’s part and a bad game plan that prevented him from getting the ‘W’ last time.
Theres some legit bad blood between them now lol. Going to be fun.

Fight is just 3 1/2 weeks away, but no hype yet?

UK bookies have GGG favorite, with odds for Canelo 6/4 (+150 in US money) or 9/4 to win on points (+225). Tempting.

UK bookies have GGG favorite, with odds for Canelo 6/4 (+150 in US money) or 9/4 to win on points (+225). Tempting.
i already put money on canelo. i don't want the clen infested ginger to win, but he's going to.

If the bookies have GGG then smart money is on Alvarez, fo sho'.

Polls are close, reflective of, but maybe a little closer than the odds (according to oddsshark).

Canelo looks about 10-15 lbs lighter in recent media photos. No clen this time. Regardless of one's opinion beforehand, he most certainly isn't on anything this time. If the reduced muscle means better stamina, then we'll see a closer fight, but he could have come in slimmer the first time.

This fight will be great.

GGG is a year older. I go back and forth on it now. Canelo couldn't handle that jab. In the last three rounds, he clawed his way back into the fight, credit to him, but GGG jabbed less and was going for the finish so he let go one of his best weapons. Can't rush things, gotta be methodical.

Canelo is a great one though.

Flip a coin, people. Best we can do right now.

I haven’t seen the media photos, does he really look that much lighter? I hope he hasn’t improved his cardio at the expense of resilience.

Just looked at his Instagram. I think he looks great. Still strong but without the unnecessary bulk he was carrying when he was eating that Mexican beef.

Betting wise I ain't touching this shit. Rooting for my guy GGG but not laying the juice on him, even as a slight favorite. -145 is the best we're getting on him, maybe if it drops to like -130 or better I'd bite but not now. Some books have him as high as the -190's, that's ridiculous.

This doesn't have much value to me, maybe if you can grab Canelo at +150 give or take it's worth it but I honestly say just flip a coin on this one. The judges are gonna have their hands full for this, imo. I favor GGG SLIGHTLY but that's it.

Golovkin is going break Canelo down and finish him with a round 10 TKO.

I see this as essentially another even fight which makes those odds really intriguing to me. Rematches don't tend to favour the older fighter, either, and in some ways I think Canelo is the more adaptable fighter (his stamina will always be a roadblock, of course).

Just looked at his Instagram. I think he looks great. Still strong but without the unnecessary bulk he was carrying when he was eating that Mexican beef.

If it wasn't for the doping scandal, I'd say him losing that extra bulk was a good thing for him. The doping scandal puts it in a slightly different light, though.

A straight pick em fight. 3 to 5 years ago version of gig I think wins rather easy this version is on outer rings of his prime if that. Canelo right in heart of prime . ..... a good fight just not hyped for it like I am a Wilder Fury or a Mikey Spence or a Pac Lomanchenko even.

No version of Golovkin easily beats this version of Canelo. That is wildly underselling one of the best in the business.

If it wasn't for the doping scandal, I'd say him losing that extra bulk was a good thing for him. The doping scandal puts it in a slightly different light, though.
It's pretty suspect that he's coming in with noticeably less muscle this time around. I wonder why.... I think his punches won't have the same authority this time around and he won't be able to keep GGG off him because he'll be lacking anabolic power.

Back