Canelo GGG 2 is on

Who wins?

• Total voters
Sweet,got GGG going in but hopefully Alvarez can pull it off so we can get a trilogy

I picked Golovkin by decision last time and I'll do it again. I expect another really close fight where Golovkin's workrate gives him a slight edge.

Picking Canelo (obviously), I still think a stoppage is possible, though I suppose the first fight was very close and GGG is known to be damn durable. I just saw Canelo getting to him so much.

Looks like 29 people are going eat crow

Last edited:
I'm backing Canelo and will do so with my money, not a huge amount mind you as it' a close fight

The first fight I was dumbstruck at how bad golovkin looked with his right hand. He was missing badly over and over and it was all thanks to Canelo. The commentators were saying golovkin needs to step to the right before throwing the right and it will land because Canelo is just spinning off. Golovkin couldn't figure this out himself though and just continued to miss wildly. Abel even told him to step to his right during one of the breaks and he still didn' do it.

Add to that he really struggled to land anything of significance, just chased Canelo in straight lines and couldn' trap him on the ropes or even hurt him.

Canelo boxed better, landed the cleaner shots, the harder shots, and evaded shots better

Now Canelo has felt the power and has done 12 rounds I think he will get golovkins timing quicker and land fast hard counters early and often.

Canelo also has the judges in his favour so it' hard not to take Canelo here, I do believe he could stop golovkin too as crazy as that may sound after the bomb he landed in the first fight which golovkin just walked through

This is one of those polls where "The Fans" is a legitimate option. We saw that the first time.

I'm expecting another close fight. I don't think a year is going to do too much damage to Golovkin's body. He is used to being more active, though. A year off could affect him, but he's a professional so I imagine even without a fight signed he making sure he's in shape to sign one at any time.

Lol i never seen that? I was talking about post-fight in the ring. Im neither guy's biggest fan in any case.
He congratulated the mexican fans and said it was a draw because Canelo is mexican.

I didn't think this was gonna happen so soon. I figured Canelo was just going to wait for Golovkin to get older and fight him a few years down the road.

Tough one. Golovkin, but I might be biased.

Anyone interested in some wagers? Ive got Ginger.

Both guys are tanks so I doubt either will even get dropped. It will most likely be a close decision that has people debating again.

Anyone interested in some wagers? Ive got Ginger.
I feel like Canelo is a gold mine here, I'm tempted to lay some money down on this one. Lot of sensitive GGG fans out there SURE their man is gonna win "again".

I missed my action back when I worked at a steel forgery, there were so many suckers offering even money on Pac/May. "1000 bucks says Pac in the 1st!!!!1"

"Bro, you just told me you're in debt with the IRS and going through a divorce the other day, I can't take your money."

"2000 bucks"

"*sigh*"

Plenty others took advantage of those sensitive May haters, it was a slaughter. The first fight was so close, but it kinda wasn't. Canelo looked pretty complete in there less championship level stamina. I think now that he knows who Golovkin is, he is going to pace himself even better than the first fight, but I'm also sure he'll not be afraid to come in a little leaner, too. GGG lost the last 3 rounds in my eyes, and looked very weary of Canelos fire power even though he was the fresher in terms of stamina. I think those were signs Canelo's much more effective work was breaking down the tank that is GGG, but he got to that point a little, late. A little more volume and a little less mass could bode really well for C, and could even get him a TKO in later rounds. So many people who saw it for GGG also picking Canelo, wonder why... maybe I'm misremembering wrong, but it seems like many here on SD have made a post like that.

I feel like Canelo is a gold mine here, I'm tempted to lay some money down on this one. Lot of sensitive GGG fans out there SURE their man is gonna win "again".

I missed my action back when I worked at a steel forgery, there were so many suckers offering even money on Pac/May. "1000 bucks says Pac in the 1st!!!!1"

"Bro, you just told me you're in debt with the IRS and going through a divorce the other day, I can't take your money."

"2000 bucks"

"*sigh*"

Plenty others took advantage of those sensitive May haters, it was a slaughter. The first fight was so close, but it kinda wasn't. Canelo looked pretty complete in there less championship level stamina. I think now that he knows who Golovkin is, he is going to pace himself even better than the first fight, but I'm also sure he'll not be afraid to come in a little leaner, too. GGG lost the last 3 rounds in my eyes, and looked very weary of Canelos fire power even though he was the fresher in terms of stamina. I think those were signs Canelo's much more effective work was breaking down the tank that is GGG, but he got to that point a little, late. A little more volume and a little less mass could bode really well for C, and could even get him a TKO in later rounds. So many people who saw it for GGG also picking Canelo, wonder why... maybe I'm misremembering wrong, but it seems like many here on SD have made a post like that.
Liike the breakdown on your why,

Can you point out where you feel GGG started to become apprehensive?

Why would a 3rd fight depend on Canelo winning?
No shit.

If Canelo wins, GGG will NEVER get in the ring with him again. The financial and fight machinery will keep rolling on.

.... So many people who saw it for GGG also picking Canelo, wonder why... maybe I'm misremembering wrong, but it seems like many here on SD have made a post like that.

I suspect that going into the first one, they believed Canelo wasn't in GGG's league and they didn't want to seem stupid picking somebody they thought didn't have a chance.

After seeing the first go around, they believe it's much more of a pick 'em fight, and Canelo has a very real chance of winning, so they are free to express their picks. Add to that the fact that father time is chipping away @ Gennady, and Canelo is just getting better... just a guess though.

For me, I'll pick GGG in devastating fashion this time around.

Why is able so desperate to have Canelo stand still? GGG is a master at cutting the ring off , why show your hand?

Back