Social Candace Owens has been dropped from The Daily Wire.

Utopian ideals like 10% higher inheritance tax, 2% higher wealth tax, and more subsidies for education and healthcare.

You are proving my point. You think the government needs even more of our money to operate successfully. They already have essentially an endless supply of tax dollars that they blow away at a rate that would have you living on the streets if you spent money like them.

They already have more than what they need but they keep dangling that carrot in front of you, making you think that if they just took a little bit extra out of all of our bank accounts, then they could finally make all your dreams come true.

Many people grow up, realize this is a scam and start moving toward the center and right because they realize that their money is better spent when they have control over it rather than the government controlling it.

Don't care. It's based on my opinion and a lot of anecdotal evidence and common sense. I'm not sure I've ever met someone that used to be conservative and is now liberal. It just doesn't work that way. There's a reason why most young people are liberal and most old people are conservative.
Common sense would go the other way, as it's become impossible for a thinking person to have anything but contempt for the modern rightist movement unless you were just raised into it and never thought to question it.

Old people are more right-leaning because they've mostly held the same views or moved slightly left while society as a whole moved left faster.

You are proving my point. You think the government needs even more of our money to operate successfully. They already have essentially an endless supply of tax dollars that they blow away at a rate that would have you living on the streets if you spent money like them.

They already have more than what they need but they keep dangling that carrot in front of you, making you think that if they just took a little bit extra out of all of our bank accounts, then they could finally make all your dreams come true.

Many people grow up, realize this is a scam and start moving toward the center and right because they realize that their money is better spent when they have control over it rather than the government controlling it.
Actually, the US has a very decided amount of tax dollars, calculated very accurately. That amount plus the allowed debt is held to quite firmly, with no leeway that would somehow propel the number into "endless". Moreover, if I were spending money like the US government then I would be the dictator of the US government, because otherwise I couldn't. Nothing would change fundamentally, and your statement makes no sense.

I don't know who "they" are. When a party makes a large gain in winning both the Presidency and a sufficient amount of seats in Congress they're usually doing so on a perceived mandate, with some concrete plan to enact. See ACA, which improved access to healthcare for dozens of millions and Republicans unsuccessfully tried to dismantle.

So many people grew up and realized the scam that Trump only got one term consecutively and Bush 2 is considered a joke in hindsight.

Guess she found out how really runs the plantation.

It's very true. When people get older and start to accumulate money, they want to keep that money. They start realizing that a lot of the utopian liberal thoughts they used to have just aren't realistic. Most of my friends other than one were left leaning in college and the majority of us are now right leaning. It's just the nature of life once you aren't poor and don't think you're a victim anymore.

Or they get tired of the same friends and family members "grifting" from the ones who actually earn a living.

I had a lame X-brother in law who was alway promising to back after his "truck payment was late" "need help with rent" "had to take his kids to Dr and he's temporary short of money"

There's always some who are looking for a free ride and have no problem voting for politicians who promise handouts and entitlements. When you get older, you realize these people are sucking from the taxes you pay each paycheck.

Hmm. So if Republicans are fiscally conservative, why do they spend, spend, spend whenever they’re in office?
Trump is responsible for 25% of our debt, in just 4 years.

Or they get tired of the same friends and family members "grifting" from the ones who actually earn a living.

I had a lame X-brother in law who was alway promising to back after his "truck payment was late" "need help with rent" "had to take his kids to Dr and he's temporary short of money"

There's always some who are looking for a free ride and have no problem voting for politicians who promise handouts and entitlements. When you get older, you realize these people are sucking from the taxes you pay each paycheck.

Yep I know the type. Impulsive people who spend all their money on unnecessary shit and then need to borrow from others to pay the bills.

Hmm. So if Republicans are fiscally conservative, why do they spend, spend, spend whenever they’re in office?

I didn't agree with Trump's spending either. I don't think any of our politicians actually care about us.

I might be fiscally conservative but that doesn't mean I agree with what Republicans are doing fiscally. Like any politician, they promise one thing and deliver another.

lol... Y'all love to point that out.

But a majority of it came in 2020 during Covid with Stimulus Spending and Operation Warp Speed.

Where $5 Trillion in Pandemic Stimulus Money Went

For fucks sake...

lol... Y'all love to point that out.

But a majority of it came in 2020 during Covid with Stimulus Spending and Operation Warp Speed.

Where $5 Trillion in Pandemic Stimulus Money Went

For fucks sake...

Before Covid, Trump was already on the path of spend, spend, spend.
And let’s not forget about the $12 billion that Trump had to give to farmers because his policies crashed the commodities market.

Yep I know the type. Impulsive people who spend all their money on unnecessary shit and then need to borrow from others to pay the bills.

You mean House Republicans? Because we paid for a while bunch of really stupid investigations and now they want to gut social security to make up for tax cuts for the wealthy.

You're being really ridiculous with this and I hope your realize it. I searched politically incorrect and this is the first clip that comes up, he is for gay marriage. That is not a libertarian point of you. I bet 5 years ago you would of not said that about him but since he does not bend the knee to the extreme left with the wokeism he gets outcasted,.

As far as what you said well go ahead and solve the mystery instead of playing the semantics game, that I predicted.
What? That is a libertarian view.
There's a lot of diversity among libertarian viewpoints but many did support gay marriage to the point that some variation of the slogan below became quite popular among a certain kind of libertarian.
timmoen.jpg

The point of rolling gay marriage, guns, and marijuana together was to present libertarians as a sort of third option and many libertarians leaned into that. Dave Rubin who has been mentioned a few times identifies as this kind of libertarian.

It was so obvious she wanted to BONE Andrew Tate before the Hamas attack. Don't think Shapiro liked her support for the toxic bros

There's a lot of diversity among libertarian viewpoints but many did support gay marriage to the point that some variation of the slogan below became quite popular among a certain kind of libertarian.
timmoen.jpg

The point of rolling gay marriage, guns, and marijuana together was to present libertarians as a sort of third option and many libertarians leaned into that. Dave Rubin who has been mentioned a few times identifies as this kind of libertarian.
I don't think you can fit opposition to SSM within a libertarian framework. The closest thing I've seen is just opposition to marriage at all, with domestic partnerships that don't require any kind of sexual relationship maybe replacing it.

At any rate, this is just totally retconning of history to claim that Maher was a leftist in the '90s, and it's also not true that he's a rightist now. He's more left relative to the median now than he was in the '90s.

Back