Canada 305,000 Immigrant in 2016

• Thread starter Devout Pessimist
  • Start date
Yea I never meant to mean that it will be quick as I don't think people even have a solution for how to deal with this yet. It likely will be something that's at the center in two generations or so and it will still have conflict then. We are talking about changing the way an economy and possibly government runs
yea exactly, I mean look at the front runner for the republicans who are pro business in usa. Donald Trump is running on a promise of fixing the wrongs of NAFTA which was job losses. In a democracy people will vote for their own benefit.

You can stop progress. It makes little sense to have laborers for work that is automated. What will need to happen is countries will have to consider how to handle a heavily automated workforce. If done right, you likely will see lower retirement ages, more schooling before entering a career, and more taxing on industries which have become fairly automated. You sound like the people who were destroying machines in factories during the industrial revolution expecting them to stop being made. You are correct though with what happened. Business owners bought security and governments made strict laws with harsh sentences for anyone who did destroy them.
That's the problem. We haven't had a world like this before where advancements have made it possible for labor to be far less necessary. There definitely is going to be a rough period in figuring this out but I think the long run potential should be seen as optimistic
Things are progressing at a pace that's hard to wrap ones head around and the rate at which things are advancing is only increasing, many jobs will be replaced by computers , self driving cars , robots etc , i think there will have to be a gauranteed minimum income to counter un / underemployment

The future could either be utopia or dystopia, im an optimist so i lean to the future being quite bright looking ahead 40 to 50 years ..... allowing for the possibility that I'm blinded by the love i have for my son and wanting the best for him lol

And the Jetsons said we would all be driving flying cars by now...You actually believe the world will allow 33% of its jobs replaced by automation? HA, you will see an equivalent increase in security guards/cops/ and army men. Automation will never have such a significant impact because the world will not allow it, there is a reason why Ontario has Toyota/Honda manufacturing plants and its not due to cheaper labor or better quality. Its because the politicians have forced the Japanese auto companies to make them here.

Perhaps this can happen over the course of a century but i doubt even in a century truck drivers and uber drivers will be replaced. One of these days these self driving trucks are going to run over a family and boom there goes driver less trucks.
The funniest part about this is that you chose maybe the single worst example to support your case. Heres a news flash for you, they had flying cars in the 70s, literally. The reason they aren't everywhere is because very few people have a pilots licence. In other words, humans were to incompetent as a group to handle a simple technological advancement. However automated flying cars could follow very shortly after automated earthbound cars.

As for political will to stop it, thats another point where you just don't get how the world works. If Japan allows it, then everyone else has to or we lose the precious ability to "compete". When the US outlawed experimentation with the human Genome, did that stop the research? Not even remotely, Italy just became the center of it.

Not that it matters, even with your own theory Japan will experience a social boom time from their declining population. They will have a far more efficent workforce and that competitive advantage will only grow more dramatically as time goes on.

Jut out of curiosity, why exactly do you think there won't be robotic military and security? Based on current R&D work that will be one of the very first jobs automated.

The funniest part about this is that you chose maybe the single worst example to support your case. Heres a news flash for you, they had flying cars in the 70s, literally. The reason they aren't everywhere is because very few people have a pilots licence. In other words, humans were to incompetent as a group to handle a simple technological advancement. However automated flying cars could follow very shortly after automated earthbound cars.

As for political will to stop it, thats another point where you just don't get how the world works. If Japan allows it, then everyone else has to or we lose the precious ability to "compete". When the US outlawed experimentation with the human Genome, did that stop the research? Not even remotely, Italy just became the center of it.

Not that it matters, even with your own theory Japan will experience a social boom time from their declining population. They will have a far more efficent workforce and that competitive advantage will only grow more dramatically as time goes on.

Jut out of curiosity, why exactly do you think there won't be robotic military and security? Based on current R&D work that will be one of the very first jobs automated.

So world trade is purely based on the survival of the fittest and governments dont put tariffs or lower their currencies to put their own populations in a advantage? HA

Japan's government debt to GDP has increased from 166% to 229% and their elderly are only increasing while the youth are decreasing, sounds like success to me. Oh wait i know you dont believe in GDP but i hope you believe in government debt. is this super efficient automated economy going to pay down its debt when they have been increasing debt to provide services to its citizens?

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/japan/government-debt-to-gdp

I am no economist and i bet you are not one either but from everything i've read Japan seems to be in a whole lot of trouble financially. Even though financial writers may not know what they are doing i bet they have a better clue than either of us.

I wonder what IDL looks like too . I don't remember him giving up any information about himself except his location . Does anyone know anything about IDL ? I think given the length of time he has posted here he is one of the most mysterious personalities on this site . He has never relented in his style of posting and it is always consistent . The only subject he discusses is government conspiracy .

You are also rather mysterious, being an interesting Korean girl in Canada posting on an MMA political forum. My general vicinity (well at least @LionExMachina and a couple of others know my city) and my profession are available, a couple of my hobbies, and my interest in the deeper side of politics. I used to get dog piled quite a bit on here (that is, before they saw the light, or were verbally defeated..) so am wary of revealing too much. I'm generally pretty open though.

So which one:

453dd56bca721658f0ccd25890bbfe9c.jpg

or

Jake+Gyllenhaal+Films+Nightcrawler+Venice+B8dIc_0EHEIl.jpg

Is joke. I am sure it is him from Southpaw obviously

Closer to this:

MTE4MDAzNDEwNzk1MjAyMDYy.jpg

Things are progressing at a pace that's hard to wrap ones head around and the rate at which things are advancing is only increasing, many jobs will be replaced by computers , self driving cars , robots etc , i think there will have to be a gauranteed minimum income to counter un / underemployment

The future could either be utopia or dystopia, im an optimist so i lean to the future being quite bright looking ahead 40 to 50 years ..... allowing for the possibility that I'm blinded by the love i have for my son and wanting the best for him lol

Yeah if you think back 10 or 20 years ago, and compare those changes to how things progressed historically, we're going at light speed.

A lot of technologies are being withheld in order to maintain control and order IMO.

I also think there will eventually be a minimum income. Not necessarily a good thing (people will serve those who feed them, which is the main reason we'll see it) but inevitable.

So world trade is purely based on the survival of the fittest and governments dont put tariffs or lower their currencies to put their own populations in a advantage? HA

Have you not noticed the trend towards completely open trade? How could anyone not notice that? Do you know nothing of the TPP? of the dozens of trade agreements in the works? Trade restrictions reduce the ability of money to move freely to where it can produce the biggest profit. Most economists are as far right as sociologists are far left. Yes it is based purely on suvival of the fittest and when times get tougher (and they will only get tougher) it will become far more obvious that it is indeed the case.

Japan's government debt to GDP has increased from 166% to 229% and their elderly are only increasing while the youth are decreasing, sounds like success to me. Oh wait i know you dont believe in GDP but i hope you believe in government debt. is this super efficient automated economy going to pay down its debt when they have been increasing debt to provide services to its citizens?

I know what GDP is, I know how its calculated and I know what it isn't. You clearly can't say the same. The reason that Japans Debt ratio has been increasing is because they are so resource poor. Its utterly irrelevant if they have more workers, they are not competing with China's workforce for efficiency, period. Bringing in more people just increases the internal pressure in this regard. Yes working through the baby boomer bulge is going to be painful, it always was going to be painful but bringing in more people won't help because there isn't any jobs. Thats what it means when you have a stagnate unemployment and a crashing participation rate, it means that the number of jobs is falling.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/japan/government-debt-to-gdp

I am no economist and i bet you are not one either but from everything i've read Japan seems to be in a whole lot of trouble financially. Even though financial writers may not know what they are doing i bet they have a better clue than either of us.

Yes its clear you don't know anything about economics. They have been saying Japan is on the brink of collapse for 25 years, the same thing they have said about China and Russia to. The US is closer to economic collapse then any of them. As for my credentials, I won't get into it other to say that I do have a degree in economics from a very good school, and that is the least and last of my credentials.

Wh.. what? Do you know the meaning of the word economy? Do you realize you're a part of the economy?

That might be the most broad statement of hatred I've ever heard

I know what it is and what it does. The current system in place allows for greed to prevail and dominate while the earth is destroyed. I am dependent on this corrupt system for food to survive. I do not live in an area that allows me to hunt and fish for my food so I can greatly reduce my need for this system that I have come to hate. I do not have enough land to grow an abundance of food. Not yet at least.

It's really not that difficult to understand my point of view.

If I had the right equipment, enough skill and knowledge to disappear into the forest, I would.

Yeah if you think back 10 or 20 years ago, and compare those changes to how things progressed historically, we're going at light speed.

A lot of technologies are being withheld in order to maintain control and order IMO.

I also think there will eventually be a minimum income. Not necessarily a good thing (people will serve those who feed them, which is the main reason we'll see it) but inevitable.
i usually just skip through your posts because most of them are stating the same thing but in different ways.....government conspiracy....the elite emasculating white men......muslims will destroy the west.....Am i right?

i have a felling most of the posters have just given up due to annoyance.

Have you not noticed the trend towards completely open trade? How could anyone not notice that? Do you know nothing of the TPP? of the dozens of trade agreements in the works? Trade restrictions reduce the ability of money to move freely to where it can produce the biggest profit. Most economists are as far right as sociologists are far left. Yes it is based purely on suvival of the fittest and when times get tougher (and they will only get tougher) it will become far more obvious that it is indeed the case.

I know what GDP is, I know how its calculated and I know what it isn't. You clearly can't say the same. The reason that Japans Debt ratio has been increasing is because they are so resource poor. Its utterly irrelevant if they have more workers, they are not competing with China's workforce for efficiency, period. Bringing in more people just increases the internal pressure in this regard. Yes working through the baby boomer bulge is going to be painful, it always was going to be painful but bringing in more people won't help because there isn't any jobs. Thats what it means when you have a stagnate unemployment and a crashing participation rate, it means that the number of jobs is falling.

Yes its clear you don't know anything about economics. They have been saying Japan is on the brink of collapse for 25 years, the same thing they have said about China and Russia to. The US is closer to economic collapse then any of them. As for my credentials, I won't get into it other to say that I do have a degree in economics from a very good school, and that is the least and last of my credentials.

Your lecturing me about free trade yet Canada has been bailing out one of its largest employers for decades now. Bombardier would never survive unless the Canadian tax payers keep on supporting it and yet you believe in the survival of the fittest. I would rather trust my own instincts than some nobody on sherdog claiming to have a degree in economics. Japan is doing everything in its power to not collapse which now includes a negative interest rate policy which europe is also following. These two economies are not in growth mode but survival mode currently.

Your lecturing me about free trade yet Canada has been bailing out one of its largest employers for decades now. Bombardier would never survive unless the Canadian tax payers keep on supporting it and yet you believe in the survival of the fittest. I would rather trust my own instincts than some nobody on sherdog claiming to have a degree in economics. Japan is doing everything in its power to not collapse which now includes a negative interest rate policy which europe is also following. These two economies are not in growth mode but survival mode currently.

You can trust whatever the fuck you want. I could care less. However when you find yourself with little to no understanding of the issues and telling people that your going to trust your gut then it might be time to reevaluate. Bombardier would go out of business without government support (not really, they would just stop making planes) as would every other aircraft manufacturer on the planet go out of business without government support. As would every shipyard, that is currently the way the game is played, but all of that is going away slowly.

As for the notion of whether I believe in survival of the fittest, that statement itself betrays a deep ignorance. Everyone believes in survival of the fittest, its the core principle of evolution. What makes someone the fittest however depends entirely on the environment. In a nation where retards are well cared for and encouraged to breed, being a retard makes you the fittest.

So what, a negative interest rate is the right thing to do in an economy that expected to retract in the long term. The spastic focus on continued growth at all cost is more the result of political necessity then delusions concerning long term economic health.

Regardless I'm done. Educate yourself, then discuss.

Thats one of the solutions being floated around. I think one problem is how different one industry is from another. Even if we were to successfully tax an industry that had become close to completely automated in it's process, you would have to ensure they wouldn't move out of country with that tax. That would be the next challenge cause these companies would just move to the lowest bracket country like they do now. TBH, you could argue a tax like this on a companys like Google and Apple but would that be a good thing in the longrun as I think at least google is spending a lot of investment in the huge returns they are getting. Apple seems to stockpile theirs however. EIther way, it's just very complicated to start thinking about setting that up and I'm not sure when it should even begin and for who/where.

i usually just skip through your posts because most of them are stating the same thing but in different ways.....government conspiracy....the elite emasculating white men......muslims will destroy the west.....Am i right?

Not sure what this has to do with the post you quoted. I talk about a lot of things, but sure I tend to view things from the perspective of top down and try to see the root of things when it comes to politics. You are certainly free to do your own thing.

Last edited:

I think initially people think IDL is out there but look at his delivery .

Not sure what this has to do with the post you quoted. I talk about a lot of things, but sure I tend to view things from the perspective of top down and try to see the root of things when it comes to politics. You are certainly free to do you own thing.

Totally nice and respectful . I think he has grown on everyone and people actually like him and his contrabutions of pointing out conspiracy angles to various discussions are actually quite liked and missed . When he doesn't post , people post trickle down CTs on his behalf . He has earned his place in war room history .

Back