Canada 305,000 Immigrant in 2016

• Thread starter Devout Pessimist
  • Start date
That is a pretty good idea, but closing off the borders and sending a strong message that Canada will not take illegals might also work. Cutting out the welfare and not promising to fast-track work permits might also discourage people from coming.

From Maclean's:

To stop them from coming, Trudeau is going to have to be blunt—we’re talking megaphone blunt—and that could mean lost votes. And so instead, the Prime Minister is dissembling and having Canada’s drenched asylum system try to soak up more arrivals.

http://www.macleans.ca/opinion/justin-trudeau-is-between-a-rock-and-a-heart-place-on-immigration/

What are they doing that's so terrible besides looking for a place to live and work?

That is a pretty good idea, but closing off the borders and sending a strong message that Canada will not take illegals might also work. Cutting out the welfare and not promising to fast-track work permits might also discourage people from coming.

From Maclean's:

To stop them from coming, Trudeau is going to have to be blunt—we’re talking megaphone blunt—and that could mean lost votes. And so instead, the Prime Minister is dissembling and having Canada’s drenched asylum system try to soak up more arrivals.

http://www.macleans.ca/opinion/justin-trudeau-is-between-a-rock-and-a-heart-place-on-immigration/

So obviously you guys need more taxable revenue and your solution is to turn away workers?

So obviously you guys need more taxable revenue and your solution is to turn away workers?

That is why Canada has a legal immigration system that used to do a great job of screening people and bringing in people with high level skills who could contribute to the economy. The problem is that people with questionable backgrounds and ability are simply walking into the country and this is holding back the people who have legally requested to move into Canada.

Do you think that it is fair that someone who illegally walked into Canada is given priority over someone who went through the proper procedures in order to come into Canada and now has to wait years to immigrate because of people who are entering the country illegally?

That is why Canada has a legal immigration system that used to do a great job of screening people and bringing in people with high level skills who could contribute to the economy. The problem is that people with questionable backgrounds and ability are simply walking into the country and this is holding back the people who have legally requested to move into Canada.

Do you think that it is fair that someone who illegally walked into Canada is given priority over someone who went through the proper procedures in order to come into Canada and now has to wait years to immigrate because of people who are entering the country illegally?

I don't think it's fair, but life rarely is.

Blame Trump for pushing our problem onto you.

I don't think it's fair, but life rarely is.

Blame Trump for pushing our problem onto you.

Canada needs to stop incentivizing people from entering into Canada illegally. That means being very clear that illegals will not be welcome into Canada by closing down the borders, cutting out the welfare and not promising to fast-track work permits.

The real issue is all the Chinese immigration to Vancouver, a city which I now call Hong Kong 2.0.

Canada needs to stop incentivizing people from entering into Canada illegally. That means being very clear that illegals will not be welcome into Canada.

I don't think they're coming because of the incentives, they're coming because of Trump.

The welfare has been added after the fact to help deal with the problem Trump has pushed into your borders and done nothing to prevent.

I don't think they're coming because of the incentives, they're coming because of Trump.

The welfare has been added after the fact to help deal with the problem Trump has pushed into your borders and done nothing to prevent.

I've traveled the world for 25 years and I've heard, almost everywhere I go about how Canada "pays" people to go live there.

Back