Can someone please explain how hunting is considered normal?

You got to keep the meat?
How about hide and horns?
The locals keep everything. All I wanted was a picture of all of us having dinner together that last night. It's a charity thing, you're not supposed to take a trophy/prize when you're doing charity.

The locals keep everything. All I wanted was a picture of all of us having dinner together that last night. It's a charity thing, you're not supposed to take a trophy/prize when you're doing charity.

Sounds like a good hunt.
It's similar to a lot of trophy hunts in that almost everything goes to the locals and the bring back the horns which no one else wanted anyway. You got a picture they got the horns.
They probably didn't want the horns anyway, they didn't give them to you?

Sounds like a good hunt.
It's similar to a lot of trophy hunts in that almost everything goes to the locals and the bring back the horns which no one else wanted anyway. You got a picture they got the horns.
They probably didn't want the horns anyway, they didn't give them to you?
Even if I wanted them its impossible to get bear parts into California from out of state.

Even if I wanted them its impossible to get bear parts into California from out of state.

Interesting. Thinning out bears at times isn't a bad idea. A village i fished out of called Port Hiden always had bear issues in the fall. Natives would shoot caribou and hang the meat before packaging it. Bears would inevitably start hanging out around the village and some we had to try and chase off. People would walk out their door and abear would be literally sleeping not far from their porch.

A kid was literally killed and eaten by a brown bear at King Cove so it started to become more of a issue to keep them away from the villages. We chased most off but before the year was over we had to shoot over 5 bear. It's like having to deal with squirrels, there are lots of bear with over a hundred miles between villages that have a couple hundred people each in them. A vast and unforgiving environment.

People are glad to have "trophy hunters " come and take a few. The locals are glad to see hunters come from out of state and hunt. It's only people that don't know jack shit about the subject that think their self righteous grandiose opinion amounts to something just because it's a idea floating around in their head.

This is something that just never ceases to amaze me.

Hunting for food - OK
Hunting for fun/trophy - Fuck that

You're conflating sports hunting with sustenance hunting, I think. If I had the opportunity to hunt vs buying my meat in the store (factory farmed, tortured animal meat) I'd choose the hunting option.

Same with fishing.

Now sports hunting is something else indeed and not nearly as defensible. I agree killing for fun/trophy hunting is sick and probably only psychopaths do it.

That Belgian Blue looks mighty tasty. And 100% natty.

maxresdefault.jpg

Hunting for food - OK
Hunting for fun/trophy - Fuck that

That Belgian Blue looks mighty tasty. And 100% natty.

maxresdefault.jpg
Yeah, we definitely don't have widespread hormone abuse

I don’t see how hunting is not normal when humans have been doing it since the dawn of time.

I am a huge right-winger and love to fish, but frankly I never understood the whole "shooting mammals minding their own business in the wild" thing. I'm serious, i don't see the pleasure in it. I tried to get into it as a kid and younger man but by the time I was 20 I just thought what the frick am I going to go into the woods and fill some creature with hot lead just so I can say "look I got one!"

I am a huge right-winger and love to fish, but frankly I never understood the whole "shooting mammals minding their own business in the wild" thing. I'm serious, i don't see the pleasure in it. I tried to get into it as a kid and younger man but by the time I was 20 I just thought what the frick am I going to go into the woods and fill some creature with hot lead just so I can say "look I got one!"

To each his own , but I never enjoyed the actual act of killing but always enjoyed being out and about and gained a certain satisfaction from doing a good job and getting something tasty and healthy for my dinner into the bargain .

Pretty much it's instinct... much in the same way that humans are drawn to fire.

You seem to be the only one that knows what their talking about when it comes to trophy hunting. I've bin on a lot of guided trophy hunts with clients that were fantastic people. Some were good old boys from Texas that wanted to go on a once in a lifetime hunt in Alaska for sheep or bear.
They loved the outdoors and Alaska and some are still good friends.
Others also hunted Africa and Alaska. They told some great stories about how impressed they were with their native guides and glad to see the meat go to local natives.
The loved the outdoors and have a lot of respect for animals.

This idiotic idea that trophy hunters are little bitches with small dicks says more about people typing such drivel than anything else.
Typical sherdog bs. Shouldn't be surprised though, my own fault for reading such bs.

Yea Rogan had a great podcast with a hunter and they went over the whole Africa trophy hunting thing. I didn't think it would be that great of a podcast but I actually learned some interesting things. I've never been hunting myself but I've always wanted to do it just don't know anyone who does it or how to even get started.

I honestly think it is far more twisted to eat meat, if you have never actually killed and butchered an animal.

I used to light up cats and watch them burn alive, am I less twisted because of it?

it was a joke and your reasoning sucks

I eat meat, I'm fully aware of the livestock treatment, it's not like I get mad at it. But as part of my diet I consume it. Now hunting! what's going on with that? People get the kick of shooting defenseless animals, it's not like you have a stick and stones like millenniums ago, it's a fucking rifle. People who go to Africa just to shoot endangerous species are psychopaths and don't give me the "helping tribes" bs. I'm not a peta guy, but taking down a large animal just for the kicks is sick.

Hunting for food is fine and moral. Hunting for sport isn't. It's that simple.

The minding their own business is what gets me, its like sucker punching people but with bullets

But then we eat live stock

@zebby23 comparing hunting to slavery. LOL this thread went full retard fast. Low level troll.

Don't be stupid... Someone said hunting is ok because... HISTORY.

I said well using that criteria slavery is ok too. YOU went full retard

I'm not even against hunting moron

Back