Media DDP: I can't even explain how long we're willing to wait, as UFC Africa is the real milestone event

Strangely worded. Could have just said "as long as is necessary".

The longer he waits, the longer he'll keep that belt, smdh.​

Just a friendly reminder to our readers:

Matt Serra held the UFC title longer than Sean Strickland.

<{vega}><GOT2>

In the last 14 months, he fought 4 times: Till, Brunson, Whittaker, and strickland. If I was him, I'd take a bit of time to recover, and I'd also value ufc africa over ufc 300. That Is completely understandable.

I'll save my bitching for when he's actually inactive. He is far from that right now.

Middleweight has been fucked since Silva broke his leg.

Karma of the universe really.

We didn't appreciate him enough.

<BC1>

Nice to see something fresh, instead of tje fairweather fans buying the ' fighters are disposable and whoever just won is p4p goat ' narrative.

Here, have my like good sir. Cheers.

In the last 14 months, he fought 4 times: Till, Brunson, Whittaker, and strickland. If I was him, I'd take a bit of time to recover, and I'd also value ufc africa over ufc 300. That Is completely understandable.

I'll save my bitching for when he's actually inactive. He is far from that right now.

fair enough

Can anyone really blame him for wanting to do this when Dana has been hyping it up and there's currently no clear cut #1 contender?

They're probably banking on Izzy coming back and winning a warmup so they can do this African on African crime with pre-built hype. I'm fine with that personally
I don't know, man.
This is a time that MMA math might work.
He's calling out the guy (Izzy) who got taken to school by Strickland who DDP barely/controversially (not calling robbery) beat in a split decision.

And barring another contender making a huge splash, isn't Strickland healthy?
anyone acting like DDP not fighting at UFC 300 is some anomaly is full of shit. There just is not enough recovery time. But there is no chance dana going to let him sit out a year, not gonna happen anymore. Dana already has shown you will get stripped and no one gives a shit about DDP.

All very valid points.
Good call

Damn, Dricus seems kinda determined to get his will through now. The belt means something to him in a way it maybe didn't for Strickland:

Who is the toughest, who would you like to fight?

I would like to fight Israel Adesanya next. Yeah, and preferably on home soil. I don't think he's gonna be off for a whole year, he needed to take some time away because he was
quite active. So he's not gonna be off for a year, I think that's probably gonna be the next fight. I have no idea when, for me right now we are still busy with some scans and seeing
what we can do in terms of... after the fight, can we fight soon, is that a possibility and all that. We have to make sure that the longevity of my career is also taken into consideration.
We have had an active last year and a half, that's what I've said, we rushed to get to the belt and had to take every opportunity. So right now, we need to be smart in defending this
belt and when it suits us.

That was actually my question, UFC 300 is not too far away. Is it better to actually sit this out? Recover fully and take them on after?

Yeah, 100%. I think UFC 300 is obviously gonna be a milestone event, the PPV is insane and there's a massive hype. And I would love to be a part of that, but not if it's going to mean
that I'm not fully recovered or that I'm gonna do... Defending my title is much more important to me than being on a milestone event. And then of course, the real milestone event will
be UFC in Africa and more importantly South Africa. I can't even explain to you how long we're willing to wait to make that happen, and to defend my belt on home soil. And that's
history, I mean UFC 300 is just a number, so it's not as massive as coming to Africa.

Can’t explain how infuriating it is to hear champions “willing to wait” long periods of time in order to have the stars align for them.
I sure do miss the days where fighters just fought.

An interim belt? There’s literally no reason to have an interim belt lol
I don't disagree but it's their way of boxing-in a champion. See Ngannou/Gane/Lewis for 1 example.

It’s like a disease they contact after getting the belt. Weird.
It is called getting paid.

On the opposite side, most fighters run out of money in 12-24 months after a “retirement” and want to fight until they get paid again.

Major difference CB...Serra beat GSP, DDP barely out-pointed Strickland.​

Exactly.

Frankly...
decisions are not wins, only glorified draws.

Serra actually WON his title.
GSP WON it back.

Sean, Dric, & Thin Izzy all scooped titles by scorecards.

• Serra... tapped GSP (more-or-less)
  • GSP... finished Bisping
  • Bisping... slept Rockhold
  • Rockhold... finished Weidman
  • Weidman... broke Silva
  • Silva... broke Rich Franklin
<BC1>

Lineal back to Bustamante,
as Menne won it by decision.
Six Serra Degrees of Kevin Bacon.

Decision Titles are as-laughable as the badmumfuck belt.
Surprised americans don't call it the "woke belt".

44f8e057-a835-4a30-9d4d-7cff5680997f_text.gif

Interim Belt @ UFC 300.

Strip DDP at International Fight Week and announce an Undisputed Title Fight in September.

Keep the UFC Train rolling. I'm old and healthy, but running out of time -- I don't need him holding up my Lowest Common Denominator Fight Entertainment.

Last edited:
UFC Kenya is going to off the charts bros ! !
I'm pumped up

Dana Whites Maasai Tribe Contenders Series

Shameful behaviour from the paper champ.

Dana needs to create a special belt for guys who want to sit on shelf

the Shelf Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back