Media DDP: I can't even explain how long we're willing to wait, as UFC Africa is the real milestone event

Y'all takin the bait? This seems like his bargaining strategy to get paid more for 300.

But regardless, the turnaround time is really tight

anyone acting like DDP not fighting at UFC 300 is some anomaly is full of shit. There just is not enough recovery time. But there is no chance dana going to let him sit out a year, not gonna happen anymore. Dana already has shown you will get stripped and no one gives a shit about DDP.
what do you mean? those were baby jabs, he took 0 damage, and he said he was ready.

which juan is it now?

DDP is delusional if he thinks the UFC is going to create an Africa card for him, when they didnt even do it for Izzy - Usman - Ngannou. No one wants to see him fight, get beat up for five rounds, and then make out with his coach.

I do agree that UFC Africa is more important than UFC 300. But if we're talking being sidelined for over a year then you got to drop the title.

Yeah not happening bro. Already on the UFC's bad side & if he's not willing to scratch the UFC's back they're not going to scratch his.

Izzy vs Khamzat for the interim belt at 300. If Khamzat can't get in then Izzy vs Sean 2. Whether it's Izzy, Khamzat, or Strickland who have the interim belt, will determine if DDP fights down-under, in Abu Dhabi, or Vegas next.

If he refuses at that point he'll be stripped & he can enjoy all the time in South Africa that he wants.

Hell fucking no. Interim belts cause more problems than they solve. Just look at the UFC's own HW division right now. It's a disaster, and a fucking joke. The longer Dana and the UFC allows nonsense like this to go on, the more and more commonplace it will become.

Draws are not draws because "x" fighter has a belt or will be fighting for a belt. They are draws because they are popular, or exciting, or funny, or whatever reason their fans find relevant. Conor doesn't need gold around his waist to sell PPV's. His delusional fan base will tune in no matter what (though his popularity has taken a hit). Same goes with Jones' fans, or Adesanya's fans, they will buy a PPV because of them, not the belt. It's not like Jones will sell 800k PPV's without the belt or 900k if a belt is on the line.

Honestly, the UFC should either just do away with belts, or make belts and rankings significant again. DDP doesn't have the clout to call his own shots, he's reaching Colby levels of delusion if he thinks he can. The UFC has no one but themselves to blame for the divisional quagmires.

giphy.gif

Well, that's why interim belts exists.
Just crowns an IC and force that bum to figth, if he refuses just strip him.

Fucking clown started ducking before being gifted the decision. Wanted the freebie TS at LHW. Then he wants to be on 300. Then he’s wiling to wait for eternity to fight in some 3rd world country on the continent of Africa. Even though the UFC has never been to any country on the continent.

Already doing his best to alienate the fans. The ones that care about the sport, that is.

View attachment 1028120
Loving the passion there, champ. But I highly doubt he is serious about waiting for UFC South Africa or whatever it's going to be.

Champs always try to make their call and dictate terms. Chances are he is just waiting to get healthy and then fight a #1 contender.

I'm not the biggest fan of his and his fight style is sloppy, but it's unfair to start demanding activity before he has even healed from his last fight. Let's see several months from now where he's at.

DDP better be careful. He barely beat Sean (many think he lost) and he isn't a can't miss draw. He isn't in a position to make demands.

Hmmmmm, So DDP had 4 fights in 12months had a 5 Round War. Doesn't want to fight in 3months "should be stripped of the title"

Leon so far 3months without a fight nothing booked "Please don't book Leon Vs Belal he can relax untill we find someone better"

Islam so far 5months without a fight nothing book "this is fine"

Alex so far 4months without a fight nothing booked "this is fine"

HW look what a shit show that has been.

So its all confirmed a African is getting screwed and we will never get UFC africa

He can ask, but I don't think he can push his agenda. UFC will tell him ; who and where. But I surely hope to see UFC South Africa

Really going to great lengths to lose fans here.

Dana on mic: "We're working very hard to get to Africa and make this happen"

Dana off mic: "lol We're not going to fuckin' Africa"

DDP has a life goal that is better than UFC hype.

Good for him.

DDP is delusional if he thinks the UFC is going to create an Africa card for him, when they didnt even do it for Izzy - Usman - Ngannou. No one wants to see him fight, get beat up for five rounds, and then make out with his coach.
It's because they are from the wrong part of Africa. Cameroon and Nigeria can't quite host international events yet. DDP is from South Africa. They can host an event there with a home town champion. It's a bit messed up but if they had a UFC event in Africa for those 3 Kings. It most likely be in South Africa. The area isn't exactly the best either. It is just better than the other locations for now.

Personally I think it's a nightmare to host fights there. Travel time is long and you need to switch flights.

Back