Can MMA ever have another star as big as Conor McGregor?

Ronda was (and arguably still is) bigger than him already in terms of mainstream exposure.

As far as drawing power, Ronda would be quickly catching up to him in that area as well if she were still active and still undefeated.

wrz96a.jpg

Nate was three times as big as Conor

This. More want to see conor fight, but Ronda is the bigger star if that makes sense. She was mainstream and most people knew who she was.

There is no way to measure her value as being higher than his. She got to go farther in Hollywood because of the novelty of her being a female fighter, but obviously that's over.

I mean in 2065 when the steroid vaporizers are perfected, aswell as gene modification, i reckon just bleed god will be satisfied to a whole new level

5 things a fighter needs to have

A. Be white (cry racism all you like I'm not saying it's fair just saying it's a fact)
B. Be American or at least Irish, Canadian or English
C. Be a stand up KO artist
D. Win your big fights impressively
E. Be a creative trash talker
You should just stop posting.

Haha of course there will be a bigger star in mma.

Years down the line when mma becomes more mainstream there will be an mma fighter who is a true household name.

TS, I think (no trolling here) that it is a reasonable question that you raise. Let's consider all the athletes in the world, and all disciplines. If you look at the list of top 10 athletes in 2016, in terms of google search frequency, Conor is on that list, which is incredible, especially when 6/10 who are on that list are olympic athletes. As far as Ronda Rousey goes, doing a youtube search for videos gives 477,000 hits. McGregor gets 1.2 million. There are so many videos of McGregor that have 10 or 20 million hits, its insane. If you calculate all the videos, how long they are, and how many views, we are talking billions of man-hours of viewership. One could argue that peoples spare time has an inherent value, say minimum wage. Then that is billions, tens of billions, of dollars of peoples time, devoted to McGregor. It is fair to question whether or not someone could ever surpass Conor in this regard. There is an advantage of being first, the first man to captive at this level. Not many people seem to realize. You make a reasonable post, and get usual 50% of responses from guys saying you have his man meat in your mouth etc. It is cool to witness the reality of Conor's pioneering worldwide captivation. https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtba...earch-trends-in-sports-for-2016/#4f2389006c33

I agree with you.After Connor retires WME headqurters will go from being located in Beverly Hills to being located in Watts.No offense to those that reside in Watts.

I feel as if all future stars will always be looking up to The Notorious, like he's set the standard forever.

I don't think it's possible for MMA to ever have another star on his level. He's just too big. This presents a big problem for the UFC knowing no matter how hard they try they will never have another Conor.

He is the biggest name in combat sports, "a once in a life time athlete" as said by the great Joe Rogan. There can't possibly be another Conor.
Give it time and we will see

Back