Are you surprised Conor is still the UFC’s biggest star?

Conor just has IT.

You can't teach it. You can't learn it. You can't buy it.

IT is what IT is.

Unexplainable phenomenon.

GOAT of fighting.

He's still their biggest star despite having not fought for years.................................................................says a lot about the current roster.

No, UFC and Dana learned from it.
Don't put all your eggs in 1 basket.
Conor doesn't regularly make money and is always 1 step away from retirement or prison.

They try to have several stars at once. One for each market/country and so on
Lol @ stars

im surprised conor is a star period. coke head lunatic with a shit personality, was never good at 155, cant win a fight in years, and im shocked anyone still cares about him, i dont.

I recall when Conor lost to Diaz that a lot of people said he needs a win or it’s over, he’ll just be pretty much another guy on the roster and all his fans will disappear

It seems tho that after his losses it’s generated even more interest

The Diaz rematch was bigger than the original
Porier 3 was bigger than 2
The fight with Khabib was his biggest yet (in the UFC) after losing to Mayweather

I thought maybe it’s because of the current mma landscape and lack of stars but even historically he’s currently a bigger star than any MMA fighter ever.

Have you accepted Conor is our biggest star and it will probably be that way for the foreseeable future regardless of his W/L ratio?

His unique ability to make people care about his fights is undeniable

It’s because most of the general population has room temperature IQ, nothing new, the same crowd that would attend public executions back in the day.

Not surprised at all. To be a big star in MMA, you have two crossover to the casuals. The hardcore base that watches all the fights is too small to make you a huge star.

Conor, despite no longer being where he was in terms of impressive fight performances, still has the crazy personality that made him blow up in the first place.

I always found who's trash talk and press conference performances annoying personally, but still, having watched him for the entirety of his UFC career, I definitely think he's lost what sometimes used to make him funny, and that he now comes off as way more bitter and unhinged when he's verbally attacking an opponent.

Of course, the more fights he loses, the more fans will begin to tune out. If he actually does fight Chandler, It's at least important that he puts up a good fight if you wants to be marketable enough for more big PPVs.

Once you reach that A level of stardom you never become irrelevant as long as that generation of people is still alive. You become part of their lives and memories. If Katy Perry or Linkin Park go on a world tour 10 years from now their concerts will still sell out everywhere because millienials will still be alive and well.

Not surprised, because everyone else is boring as shit compared to him. A 30 second drunk interview from Conor is more entertaining than everything these other guys are putting out. I used to think his star-power would be long gone by now, but I've done a 180 on him now, he is too fun to watch regardless of whether he's winning big fights or not.

Not surprised MF'ers because they haven't consistently shown the ability to manufacture big time stars via recipe. They tried though.

The next Conor level superstar is not in the UFC yet.

It will take a wildly charismatic, intelligent and talented person to be in the same breath as McNugget.

Conor is an athlete that (has) transcended MMA the way Micheal Jordon did basketball or Tiger Woods did for golf. I'm sure there are several other examples as well.

not surprised, very few will reach this level. takes the right combination of fight skills, personality, charm. he talked the talk and then backed it up, all in spectacular fashion. i don't think we'll see that for quite some time tbh.

No. Most of the best UFC fighters right now have boring personalities, have no charisma or are weirdos...

They great fighters, but pretty average entertainers.

The UFC needs more good fighters that are also fun characters.

Love them or hate them, guys like the Diaz brothers, Chael, Brock, Ronda, Tito, Mir, Wanderlei, Rampage, GSP, Chuck, Spider, Cowboy, Rua, Matt Serra, etc. to name a few, they were characters, they had a personality or qualities/shortcomings that made them unique (a funny accent, their thrash talk, their weird or stupid takes on things, their style, etc)

Fighters all feel so generic these days except for a few ones.

Conor, despite all his shortcomings and issues, is the last real entertainer the UFC has. And you can't teach that shit... for example: O'malley. Weird hair aren't a personality, and they can't replace charisma

Last edited:
Back