Are you surprised Conor is still the UFC’s biggest star?

Conor McGregor is one of the biggest stars in all sports combined... highest paid athlete multiple years... he's an enigma

Is he still? I haven't heard anyone ask about him outside of Sherdog for a while.

Considering all I hear is ufc is dying: not surprised

McGregor is the number #2 all time PPV draw behind Mayweather, no one's catching him anytime soon.

I recall when Conor lost to Diaz that a lot of people said he needs a win or it’s over, he’ll just be pretty much another guy on the roster and all his fans will disappear

It seems tho that after his losses it’s generated even more interest

The Diaz rematch was bigger than the original
Porier 3 was bigger than 2
The fight with Khabib was his biggest yet (in the UFC) after losing to Mayweather

I thought maybe it’s because of the current mma landscape and lack of stars but even historically he’s currently a bigger star than any MMA fighter ever.

Have you accepted Conor is our biggest star and it will probably be that way for the foreseeable future regardless of his W/L ratio?

His unique ability to make people care about his fights is undeniable

Sir this is a Wendy's

Not at all. The UFC spent so much time marketing to pro wrestling fan girl dorks.

Reactions: lsa
Jon Jones is a much bigger star than Conor. Though Conor single handedly ending homelessness in Ireland is a wonderful and Saint like achievement.

Last edited:
Not surprised he's the biggest star yet but he won't be after Chandler (likely anyway) beats him.

It's been 4 years since he beat Cerrone (who looked like he took a dive even if he didn't) and 7 years since he beat Alvarez.

His time is coming to a close and unfortunately for everyone, i see him increasing his degeneracy once he is no longer relevant in the UFC.

Not surprised he's the biggest star yet but he won't be after Chandler (likely anyway) beats him.

It's been 4 years since he beat Cerrone (who looked like he took a dive even if he didn't) and 7 years since he beat Alvarez.

His time is coming to a close and unfortunately for everyone, i see him increasing his degeneracy once he is no longer relevant in the UFC.
Why is he a degenerate?
I think he has a good sense of humor and can get into acting.

Not really surprised. There is stars and then there is Super Stars.

Super stars like Conor, wins and loses mean a lot less at this point. Kind of like Tiger Woods who has done very little in the world of golf for years now yet anytime he plays all attention in the golf world shifts to him.

Some people just have IT.

And some people are just belal muhammed.

No because at his peak he had a swagger that no one else to date as replicated. See he talked the talk by but did he walk the walk.

Plus the Aldo KO and the flawless clinic he put in against the Underground King was something to behold. At that point it is fair to say he was walking on water.

I don’t see anyone else ever being bigger than he is/was. That could change but I don’t think it’ll be for a long time. He could be on a 10 fight losing streak and put up higher numbers than anyone else in the ufc

Conor will probably remain MMA's biggest star for decades to come. No one is close to surpassing him. He holds the record for best PPVs for all his PPVs, and he even holds the second highest PPV in boxing.
People love watching McGregor fight. His fanbase across the world is huge and no one is close to surpassing him.
Conor will probably remain MMA's biggest star for decades to come. No one is close to surpassing him. He holds the record for best PPVs for all his PPVs, and he even holds the second highest PPV in boxing.
People love watching McGregor fight. His fanbase across the world is huge and no one is close to surpassing him.
Fighting Mayweather and pulling that big of a PPV is going to be untouchable by another UFC fighter. Look how badly Francis vs Fury did. 4.7 million PPVs? Never gonna happen again

No because at his peak he had a swagger that no one else to date as replicated. See he talked the talk by but did he walk the walk.

Plus the Aldo KO and the flawless clinic he put in against the Underground King was something to behold. At that point it is fair to say he was walking on water.
Yeah being that charismatic and hyping up fights are much as he did while also KOing an all time great like Aldo with one punch? Than being the first champion ever to win a second belt and hold two at the same time, plus fighting a GOAT boxer and pulling the second highest PPV of all time in any sport? Love him or hate him it’s never gonna happen again

Back