Can Conor take Alvarez's overhand right?

Chad was able to hit Conor flush. Conor does get hit. Fact is many of his fans admitted he'll take one just to land his. But Conor is yet to put away a 155lb'er away in the UFC. He beat Nate because he realized he could not put that man away. Eddie may prove to be just as durable. He'll he's proven it so far.
Mendes wasn't able to hit conor with a clean shot the entire fight on the feet. yeah he was able to hit him but Conor was able to turn with the punch and he saw them coming. that a technique you learn in boxing. i don't think someone can take a clean hard shot from chad at 145 and stay standing like nothing happened .

Eddie struggles against people who are good at counter striking and distance, but excels at fighting pushers.

Conor is a distance fighter who counters, this is going to be rough.
Pettis was a pretty good striker at a distance no?

Yes it took a fuckload of punches for Nate to rock Conor and even then he was more gassed than rocked

Eddie gets rocked in the majority of his fights though, I don't think he can take Conor's left

Connor's boxing is so far ahead of Alvarez's its not even fair

Mendes wasn't able to hit conor with a clean shot the entire fight on the feet. yeah he was able to hit him but Conor was able to turn with the punch and he saw them coming. that a technique you learn in boxing. i don't think someone can take a clean hard shot from chad at 145 and stay standing like nothing happened .

I disagree. Conor is hitable and has been it clean. He's not the most hitable, he does have great, maybe even fantastic defense. But he can and does get hit. The question is can he take a shot like RDA took. I for one think he has as good a chin as Eddie.

Mendes landed plenty of hard clean power shots in that fight. Watch it again. Conor took them all on the chin and didn't give a fuck. Most of it was because conors hands were low to defend the td.

Alvarez is very capable of putting Conor to sleep.

Conor will really have to be on point with his striking defense.

eh don't have to dehydrate himself at 155 . this is the weight he should fight in.
as for your point, if cutting weight was bad, how was he able to go 2 and 3 rounds against Mendes, siver, holloway ?
he was throwing way more punches and kicks than he did in the Second diaz fight, yet he didn't gas out
He also gassed against mendes. Obvious answer is he was in better shape against holloway, Siver was just a punching bag.

This isn't debatable man, you're cardio is at its best when you don't cut weight. He stated before the second diaz fight that he was trying to lose weight yet came in 168 again. He will have to dehydrate at least 10 pounds of water to get to 155. Even Connor and his camp commented about how he'd have more cardio and strength without the weight cut.

Not to mention dehydration aside, come fight night he'll weigh about the same on fight night when he fights at 155.

Chad was able to hit Conor flush. Conor does get hit. Fact is many of his fans admitted he'll take one just to land his. But Conor is yet to put away a 155lb'er away in the UFC. He beat Nate because he realized he could not put that man away. Eddie may prove to be just as durable. He'll he's proven it so far.
I don't think Eddie is as good at rolling with punches as nate, & I think conors reach advantage will hurt Eddie big time. Conor can definitely be hit, I just don't think Eddie has the skill on the feet to do it. We will see tho.

Conor was able to counter faster and more explosive punches

Seems like Conor haters have a new thing to comment about : Conor gas out , he gas out in 2 rounds...
they seems to forget that conor in 145 was able to go 3 rounds with max holloway throwing spinning kicks , jumping kicks tons of punches per second without even taking a deep breath.
Yeah conor's cardio wasn't that good at 170 but he will be absolutely better at his own weight 155 or 145
Fighting is easy when you're winning. Mcgregor was beating up Holloway he didn't use up much energy

I think Alvarez would be much smarter to try to grind out a win via takedowns and ground and pound. Sure, he could win in a brawl, but he's the underdog so log as the fight stays standing.

Eddie gets wobbled a lot though. Most of those who have been wobbled by Conor in the past has been put down hard.
whoa whoa whoa tiger, lets not get crazy here. Conor has some soft ass tkos, minus aldos run into his strike.

Conor fans when they think of their hero:

giphy.gif

why would conor even be in range of it?

conor fought like an absolute madman against chad. that fight was absurdly sloppy.

Back