Can Conor take Alvarez's overhand right?

Eddie struggles against people who are good at counter striking and distance, but excels at fighting pushers.

Conor is a distance fighter who counters, this is going to be rough.
Which is why Eddie will probably take the fight the ground early. Once Conor is tired, and his puches come slower, Eddie can look to land his power shot and end the fight. Also, Eddie won't just wall n stall Conor. Conor doesnt have anywhere near the TDD of Pettis. Conor will go down easy, and Eddie will drain his energy quickly.

Anyone and everyone always has a punchers chance, but if Eddie draws the fight out, Conor won't be effective enough in the later rounds to control distance and land. Conor can only hope to land a good shot early, because Conor in rounds 3-5 will get straight up murdered by Eddie.

Last edited:
Eddie won't even try to land a shot. He will go straight for takedown, Mickey Gall style.

I don't think Eddie is as good at rolling with punches as nate, & I think conors reach advantage will hurt Eddie big time. Conor can definitely be hit, I just don't think Eddie has the skill on the feet to do it. We will see tho.

Conor deffinetly has a path to victory in this fight even if he doesn't KO Eddie with the first punch. Actually I think if he utilizes Jose's game plan against Frankie he could take a decisive win against Eddie.

Eddie also has a clear path to beat Conor by keeping the fight on the ground. If he can't and is forced to a stand up fight, it'll get bad for him. Even if he doesn't get TKO'd.

Either way super fun fight to watch and get all sorts of pissed of about before and after. I won't watch it because I'll be passed out from alcohol poisoning like a good hispanic/irish man-child.

Eddie needs to turn this thing into a dirty grind it out back on the mat match for Conor. Stand and trade with Conor is going be bad. This going be a fun match.

If Eddies gameplan is to brawl and trade with Conu then I see him on the receiving end of a nokautche.

If Eddie uses strikes to set up sneaky, clever takedowns and grinds Conu then it could get interesting and Conu could get tired and slow down making the fight winnable for Alvarez.

Im a huge Alvarez fan and appreciate his journey but I dont see him winning striking exchanges with a fresh McGregor.

Conor is the same height with a 5 inch reach advantage with great speed and power.

If Eddie tries to brawl it out I see the fight going the way the Porier fight did with Conu.

Great fight either way.

Yes it took a fuckload of punches for Nate to rock Conor and even then he was more gassed than rocked

Eddie gets rocked in the majority of his fights though, I don't think he can take Conor's left
No, he was not gassed. He was visibly hurt by the shot from Diaz. You want to make excuses for his cardio, but he hardly slowed down in the 2nd round until he got hit cleanly and wobbled. Stop being in denial, it makes you look pathetic.

people in this thread are acting like conor is not hittable

lol mendes was landing clean shots on him with no training camp.

He wrestled in high school? What an accomplishment!
I'm just saying because Eddie wrestled in high school, his ground game is light years ahead of conor's ground game.

I don't think you know what an overhand is.

I'm just saying because Eddie wrestled in high school, his ground game is light years ahead of conor's ground game.
Most high school wrestlers tend to be grappling experts.

Nate didn't have to close any distance as he is so long . Eddie will get cracked moving forward and will be KOd

What makes this different is Conor is the rangier fighter (5" inch reach advantage). Nate's reach gave Conor all kinds of problems, an advantage Eddie won't have. Nate threw a lot of straight punches which is another thing Eddie doesn't do. Conor has the better and more technical striking, and Eddie's chin is very hittable. Eddie's biggest advantage is his wrestling, he should mix that in the whole fight in order to create openings for his striking.

Pettis was a pretty good striker at a distance no?

Pettis was losing his fucking mind after he kept blaming his brother for his own losses and failures. After RDA he basically went on a downhill slope, plus he wasn't a good counter-striker to begin with.

Which is why Eddie will probably take the fight the ground early. Once Conor is tired, and his puches come slower, Eddie can look to land his power shot and end the fight. Also, Eddie won't just wall n stall Conor. Conor doesnt have anywhere near the TDD of Pettis. Conor will go down easy, and Eddie will drain his energy quickly.

Anyone and everyone always has a punchers chance, but if Eddie draws the fight out, Conor won't be effective enough in the later rounds to control distance and land. Conor can only hope to land a good shot early, because Conor in rounds 3-5 will get straight up murdered by Eddie.

Eddie went balls deep with the stand-up game against Dolan and RDA - two dangerous strikers - one he knocked out surprisingly.

I think this will look like Conor vs Aldo - Eddie will rush in and get smacked, fall down, Conor uses GNP to finish.

McGregor will be a counter puncher in this fight. Alvarez will whiff air with his T-Rex arms. Lest you forget, McGregor is the best counter striker in the game.

Back