Cali to home owners, let's put the homeless in your backyard...

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-homeless-tiny-house-20180411-story.html

The loony left coast liberals at it again.

What a great idea.........not.

Article says there's 58,000 homeless people in LA county.. FIFTY EIGHT THOUSAND

How about the homeowners in Bevery Hills house the homeless? How about the rich LA and SF residents solve the massive pay discrepancies and unemployment between their counties and those nearby to the inland counties?

Neoliberal Democrat dinosaurs Brown, Pelosi, Fienstein, Boxer, etc have created major economic problems in this state over their decades in power and they refuse to suck it up and put their own money and livelihood at stake.

That will make you real popular with the people next door.

Move in a drunk or a crazy, what could go wrong.

The idea is based on the homeless are just really good people down on their luck, which is true for a small number and this might work for. However we know that's not how this is going to work out.
Thank Reagan.

Well, nobody wants to force anybody to do this, and a financial incentive is being offered, so I don't know what your problem is. Homeless people are more often victims of violence than they are violent themselves, if you're thinking there goes the neighborhood....I think it's a nice thing for people to do, but again I stress, people would have a choice.

You don't know California. Our homeless are aggressive and bring violence to citizens more often than citizens bring violence to them. You are full of shit.

Every time I'm approached by a homeless person I offer to let them trade work for a place to live on one of my properties. In 20 years I've only had one guy take me up on it. The rest all just want to be bums.

Every time I'm approached by a homeless person I offer to let them trade work for a place to live on one of my properties. In 20 years I've only had one guy take me up on it. The rest all just want to be bums.
Seems legit.

You don't own a home.

A neighborhood is a community. The community should factor in on decisions like this because 1 person in a community making a decision like this can effect everyone in the community. That's why one person in a community shouldn't be allowed to do whatever they want in this situation.

I would assume if you live in an HOA community they would have the power to stop people from doing this. I know mine would never even consider allowing something like this.

Well, nobody wants to force anybody to do this, and a financial incentive is being offered, so I don't know what your problem is. Homeless people are more often victims of violence than they are violent themselves, if you're thinking there goes the neighborhood....I think it's a nice thing for people to do, but again I stress, people would have a choice.
Also the people of LA resisted three other attepts to set up housing for the homeless so they're really not giving the city much option.
"Not in my backyard" protests helped block homeless housing in Temple City, delayed it in Boyle Heights and, last month, killed Orange County's plan to relocate homeless people to shelters.

Now, Los Angeles officials want to turn NIMBYism on its head — by paying property owners to put houses for homeless people in their backyards.

"paying property owners to put houses for homeless people in their backyards."

Why is this loony or offensive, it isn't forcing people to allow homeless people to live on their properties?

No dude, outrage, tyranny, government oppression, left coast needles and human waste, and other mindless slogans.

You don't know California. Our homeless are aggressive and bring violence to citizens more often than citizens bring violence to them. You are full of shit.

Well, I live in San Diego, which has a very large homeless population due to our temperate climate, and no, the majority aren't "aggressive and violent".

You should try talking to a homeless guy once in a while, you might find out that they are in fact human. Stop being so scared of everything, snowflake.

"Now, Los Angeles officials want to turn NIMBYism on its head — by paying property owners to put houses for homeless people in their backyards.

In August, the county Board of Supervisors approved a $550,000 pilot program to build a handful of small backyard houses, or upgrade illegally converted garages, for homeowners who agree to host a homeless person or family. Then in February, Bloomberg Philanthropies awarded L.A. a $100,000 Mayor's Challenge grant to study the feasibility of backyard homeless units within the city limits.

Rents under the county's pilot program would be covered by low-income vouchers, with tenants contributing 30% of their incomes. The county is also sponsoring a design competition, streamlining permits and providing technical aid and financing options.

The city's proposal to Bloomberg was "specifically designed to pair homeowners with homeless Angelenos who are stable, prepared to move in to housing, and ready to get their lives back on track," Garcetti said.

"Many, many of them are just regular people like you and me who just lost their job or lost their house and really don't have other choices," said L.A. County Supervisor Sheila Kuehl."

oh look, its not what the worst poster of all time and the other goofballs who dont read the articles are pretending it is.

Many of those people like you and me dont have family members?

They are they are because most are crazy. Probably need a pooper scooper for the yard as well cause they will take a dump anywhere, not like you and me

Well, I live in San Diego, which has a very large homeless population due to our temperate climate, and no, the majority aren't "aggressive and violent".

You should try talking to a homeless guy once in a while, you might find out that they are in fact human. Stop being so scared of everything, snowflake.

The passive ones just take a dump in the sidewalk.

Heroin and pills dontt make you aggressive

Sorry your plan to increase profit margins by trading labor for a blanket in the corner of your tool shed didn't pan out for you. But it's good to see the entrepreneurial spirit is still alive in America.

The passive ones just take a dump in the sidewalk.

Heroin and pills dontt make you aggressive

You sound like you are all of about 12 years old.

Some of those homeless people fought for this country, and are worse off for it.

All you morons in this thread are so American.

877860_1.jpg

I would assume if you live in an HOA community they would have the power to stop people from doing this. I know mine would never even consider allowing something like this.

Same here. That's one of the benefits with an HOA community. But even without one, before doing something drastic you should consider how it could effect the community as a whole. And this is something drastic that could very negatively effect the community.

Maybe more effort should be put into figuring out why so many of these people are homeless or why that area seems to attract so many of them.

It's a lifestyle choice for a lot of them

Same here. That's one of the benefits with an HOA community. But even without one, before doing something drastic you should consider how it could effect the community as a whole. And this is something drastic that could very negatively effect the community.

Maybe more effort should be put into figuring out why so many of these people are homeless or why that area seems to attract so many of them.

Yea from what I've seen people outside of HOA communities are much more likely to give 0 fucks about what the people around them think. Which is most likely the reason they live outside one to be given that sort of freedom.

I'm not into doing anything to my house that isn't standard for most houses so I always choose HOA communities. Most things HOA wont let me do that I'd like to mean very little to me and is not worth living next to the guy who wants to park 3 dead vehicles on his lawn because the driveway is full.

Back