Social Britain used to rule the world, now it can't even rule it's own country.

In the context of Ancient history Pictish and Germanic lands were shit. They weren't worth conquering.

They didn't have tons of gold like say the Dacians, or silver like the Iberians, and their agriculture was woefully underdeveloped.

Southern England had way more natural resources like lead and tin, and better developed cities and farms.

England used to conquer everything. Some country has something you want?
Our country now.
That's how you "globalism".

73 yrs since the end of WW II. Great Britain doesn't exist anymore, there is only Britain.
My parents were English and they died around 15 yrs ago, they wouldn't recognize much of what is passing for England these days if they were still living.
I wish the non-muslims in Britain would realize that their country is worth fighting for, and that there is nothing wrong with being patriotic like they were in the last World War. The British were once famous for their fighting spirit and they had a huge empire, now they don't have very much at all.
It's like many Western countries, people have given up it seems.

https://voiceofeurope.com/2018/10/w...n-is-more-islamic-than-many-muslim-countries/

Wow, can't believe this police car, what a joke!
https://voiceofeurope.com/2018/11/u...charged-crime-surges-and-investigations-drop/

https://voiceofeurope.com/2018/10/i...e-did-nothing-victim-of-muslim-grooming-gang/

https://voiceofeurope.com/2018/10/m...-hijabs-for-children-as-young-as-3-years-old/

https://voiceofeurope.com/2018/10/u...mural-of-white-men-who-died-in-world-war-one/

Folk who use Britain and England interchangeably generally don't know enough about either entity to be worth the hassle to listen to.

Still using that shit source VoiceOfEurope I see. Breitbart is pulitzer material compared to that pile of horseshit.. Might as well be posting articles from The Onion.
I guess it´s great if you want an echochamber of triggered snowflakes who can´t tell their asshole from their elbow.

idjut.gif

I'm not making excuses.. Romans had every means to easily curb stomp either group, and did so on many occasions. They just discovered it wasn't worth staying there.

Caesar himself absolutely massacred the Germans and crossed the Rhine on multiple occasions but declined to stay.

I think you are incredibly underestimating the underdeveloped nature of both Germanic and Pictish society at the time. The whole of Germany was a forest with not one major population center. The first cities in Germany were actually built by the Romans in the regions they did end of occupying. There was nothing to conquer except incredibly scattered groups of tribesmen spread out over thousands of square miles with no practical wealth. They were still subsistence farmers at best yet still often hunter gatherers.

Here is what an actual Roman thought of Germany.

"Then, besides the danger of a boisterous and unknown sea, who would relinquish Asia, Africa, or Italy, for Germany, a land rude in its surface, rigorous in its climate, cheerless to every beholder and cultivator, except a native?" -Tacitus

The situation with the Picts was remarkably similar. Conquering their lands gained them nothing and would have cost them exponentially more to conquer and maintain. The one actual battle fought against the Picts did not go well at all for them.

Per Tacitus all of the Pictish tribes united, numbering over 30,000 were met by about 2 legions (11,000 men) and were repulsed after just one charge, losing as many as 10,000 men while the Romans lost only a few hundred.

Rome was incredibly practical and ruthless. There was no profit or strategic gain in conquering either territory or they would have been.

Tacitus is fake news. just CNN shill.

The UK is a sad place these days. You have the police arresting people for mean tweets while turning a blind eye rape gangs so they don't offend the rapists' beliefs. Wouldn't even want to visit any of the countries in the UK at this point. A sad end to a place with such a rich history.

It is a shame that so many people think the news gives them an accurate understanding of life somewhere else.

The UK is just fine, thanks. There's isolated incidents of violence and stupidity, but life remains as broadly pleasant here for the majority that it always was. That there's an upsurge in self-pitying doesn't change that fact. People who view themselves as poor or oppressed in the UK obviously haven't seen much of the world.

I'm not making excuses.. Romans had every means to easily curb stomp either group, and did so on many occasions. They just discovered it wasn't worth staying there.

Caesar himself absolutely massacred the Germans and crossed the Rhine on multiple occasions but declined to stay.

I think you are incredibly underestimating the underdeveloped nature of both Germanic and Pictish society at the time. The whole of Germany was a forest with not one major population center. The first cities in Germany were actually built by the Romans in the regions they did end of occupying. There was nothing to conquer except incredibly scattered groups of tribesmen spread out over thousands of square miles with no practical wealth. They were still subsistence farmers at best yet still often hunter gatherers.

Here is what an actual Roman thought of Germany.

"Then, besides the danger of a boisterous and unknown sea, who would relinquish Asia, Africa, or Italy, for Germany, a land rude in its surface, rigorous in its climate, cheerless to every beholder and cultivator, except a native?" -Tacitus

The situation with the Picts was remarkably similar. Conquering their lands gained them nothing and would have cost them exponentially more to conquer and maintain. The one actual battle fought against the Picts did not go well at all for them.

Per Tacitus all of the Pictish tribes united, numbering over 30,000 were met by about 2 legions (11,000 men) and were repulsed after just one charge, losing as many as 10,000 men while the Romans lost only a few hundred.

Rome was incredibly practical and ruthless. There was no profit or strategic gain in conquering either territory or they would have been.

You're speaking about the Battle of Mons Graupius. Tacitus has been discredited by some modern historians and archaeologists on this subject. They don't even know where the battle took place and some even doubt it happened.

2nd story down from an archive of the British Archeology academic site. https://web.archive.org/web/20040206205158/http://www.britarch.ac.uk/ba/ba37/ba37feat.html (written by Dr Martin Heng)

None of this changes the main thrust that the pict juice was not worth the squeeze.

One last point Tacitus's father in law was the leader of the Roman side, so conflict of interest there as well.

It is a shame that so many people think the news gives them an accurate understanding of life somewhere else.

The UK is just fine, thanks. There's isolated incidents of violence and stupidity, but life remains as broadly pleasant here for the majority that it always was. That there's an upsurge in self-pitying doesn't change that fact. People who view themselves as poor or oppressed in the UK obviously haven't seen much of the world.

Wait, so there are no rape gangs?
Dude got arrested for nothing?
There are no "no go" zones?

Would you please go into one of those so-called "no go" zones and leave your daughter there if you have one

Would you please go into one of those so-called "no go" zones.

Isolated incidents of violence and stupidity. Crimes happen everywhere. There’s no utopian crime-free place.

No Go zones is just bollocks. There’s tough neighbourhoods in just about every country.

In the UK we read about school shootings in the US all the time. Does that mean no-one goes to school in the US now, because you’ll be shot if you do?

I always get confused why Americans seem to think the UK has been "lost" to non-whites, despite their own country possessing a far greater proportion (and total number) of non-white people.

And far more crime and far more murders and far more.... ahhh you get the point :)

Would you please go into one of those so-called "no go" zones and leave your daughter there if you have one

I´m sure you could do the same in the hood... /facedesk

Isolated incidents of violence and stupidity. Crimes happen everywhere. There’s no utopian crime-free place.

No Go zones is just bollocks. There’s tough neighbourhoods in just about every country.

There's no definition of a "No Go Zone", but it's pretty obvious they aren't talking about the sort of "No Go Zones" that exist in Somalia, Afghanistan or Papua New Guinea.

no-go-zone.jpg

The UK is a sad place these days. You have the police arresting people for mean tweets while turning a blind eye rape gangs so they don't offend the rapists' beliefs. Wouldn't even want to visit any of the countries in the UK at this point. A sad end to a place with such a rich history.
knife crime is still going up too. Getting worse, not better even after all the media coverage.

Sadiq Khan explaining away the nonwhite crime as the result of “young people” not being “given more constructive things to do to steer them away from crime.”
The BBC reported that there have been 118 homicides in the capital this year, including 73 stabbings and 12 shootings, compared to 116 for the whole of last year.

Race-denying, anti-white establishment ignores the obvious racial connection with knife crime and homicide in London, while at the same time prosecutes people for making poor taste jokes about the fire in Grenfell Tower in their own backyard.

There's no definition of a "No Go Zone", but it's pretty obvious they aren't talking about the sort of "No Go Zones" that exist in Somalia, Afghanistan or Papua New Guinea.

What places are “they” talking about? Places with high levels of Muslims or something? Yes, I’m allowed to go to those places. I might not get a particularly warm welcome. But it’s not fucking Mogadishu in Birmingham now or anything.

What places are “they” talking about? Places with high levels of Muslims or something? Yes, I’m allowed to go to those places. I might not get a particularly warm welcome. But it’s not fucking Mogadishu in Birmingham now or anything.

Yeah, mostly it's just a buzzword for the typical low-socioeconomic area with a lot of immigrants.
Lakemba in Sydney was also labelled a "no go zone" (by Lauren Southern and her followers) which is hilarious. No idea about specific areas in the UK that have been given the label, but given the areas I am familiar with I've no reason to think it's anything but more of the same hysteria.

I've no reason to think it's anything but more of the same hysteria.
It's exactly that - wild over-reportng, designed to generate interest (usually with the aim of generating advertising revenue). Guys, in the main, the UK is just fine - like every country, we have our issues, but don't let the press dictate your understanding of life.

You're speaking about the Battle of Mons Graupius. Tacitus has been discredited by some modern historians and archaeologists on this subject. They don't even know where the battle took place and some even doubt it happened.

2nd story down from an archive of the British Archeology academic site. https://web.archive.org/web/20040206205158/http://www.britarch.ac.uk/ba/ba37/ba37feat.html (written by Dr Martin Heng)

None of this changes the main thrust that the pict juice was not worth the squeeze.

One last point Tacitus's father in law was the leader of the Roman side, so conflict of interest there as well.

Yeah, that's why I said up to. I understand the criticism of Tacitus.. but I don't think that means the Romans didn't massacre the Picts on at least one occasion to get them to flee into the hills.

I find it unlikely the Picts could even amass 30,000 men at the time, but the Romans certainly could have fielded 2 legions in a show of force to get them to understand they should fuck off.

It's exactly that - wild over-reportng, designed to generate interest (usually with the aim of generating advertising revenue). Guys, in the main, the UK is just fine - like every country, we have our issues, but don't let the press dictate your understanding of life.

TS is using VoiceOfEurope as a source. It´s dishonest shitrag designed to cause emotional outrage in special snowflakes like the TS. It´s for dumdums who are easily manipulated.
The Onion would be a more reliable source.

Well i knew someone would moan about the site, just like they do if there is a story that's from the Daily Mail.
The stories they talk about aren't made up, or are you saying they are? The stuff they say happened did actually happen, or are you saying they didn't?

Back