• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BREXIT Discussion v2.0: In Stunning Decision, Britain Votes to Leave the European Union.

Status
Not open for further replies.
the main thing driving this was immigration, and all the slimy rhetoric that followed.

Immigration is a big issue because it ties in heavily with national sovereignty and cultural identity. Even the Dalai Lama is concerned about the Muslim population flooding Europe.

So given these 2 scenarios:

1) The 'Remain' side is planting tweets to make it look like people were uninformed and regret their decisions

or

2) Some people were really uninformed and regret their decisions

You believe choice 1 is more reasonable?

or

3) People who voted to remain act like they voted to leave and now regret it...

i dont know what the truth is but healthy skepticism is healthy :)

or

3) People who voted to remain act like they voted to leave and now regret it...

i dont know what the truth is but healthy skepticism is healthy :)

I believe all 3 scenarios are possible.

Do you believe that it's possible that some people who voted leave were uninformed and regret their vote now?

Where do you rank the Brexit on historical significance? I think these are the most historic events since the fall of the Berlin Wall (collapse of SU).

9-11
Russia annexes Crimea
Brexit

Immigration is a big issue because it ties in heavily with national sovereignty and cultural identity. Even the Dalai Lama is concerned about the Muslim population flooding Europe.
we werent signed up to the shengen agreement, so none of that applied to us

Just loving the butthurt ITT, hats off to the britts for choosing for independence

Wow, not even 12 hours after the results and we're ready for v3 of this thread already.

Where WERE you guys in the v1 discussion, from the campaigning all th way up to the vote count?? That's where all the fun were at! Now it's just very very salty :D

Sexit - my sex life.

*rim shot*

Wow, not even 12 hours after the results and we're ready for v3 of this thread already.

Where WERE you guys in the v1 discussion, from the campaigning all th way up to the vote count?? That's where all the fun were at! Now it's just very very salty :D
I literally havent even been to sleep, Ive been venting since the counting started lol

Last edited:
I'm not speaking for anyone else like you were. I only know where I've lived, with whom and what I prefer. It seems unlikely though, that I'm the only one, and that everyone that says they feel the same as I do is lying.
I'm fully aware that there are plenty of people that hate change and hate things that are different. I don't insist that you are lying about it.

By saying I'm wrong, you are in a way. Would you mind telling me what countries in Africa, the Middle East, Central America and South America you'd like to live in or you think might show up on these hypothetical lists? I'm curious to see how deep you'd go in Asia as well.

From my understanding it was mainly about national sovereignty, cultural identity and then a mix of other reasons including immigration policy.

Immigration policy lead the charge in terms of both cultural identity and national sovereignty. Immigration and refugees.
Only 49% of those polled said immigration was a factor in their decision, but 72% of those polled who were voting in favour of the Brexit had it as their most important issue.

I believe all 3 scenarios are possible.

Do you believe that it's possible that some people who voted leave were uninformed and regret their vote now?

It's possible.

Where do you rank the Brexit on historical significance? I think these are the most historic events since the fall of the Berlin Wall (collapse of SU).

9-11
Russia annexes Crimea
Brexit

Too early to judge. imo.

The EU's human rights laws and unfettered travel for EU members within the EU . I used to live in London and have been there many times. London was way different in the early 90s vs. mid 00s. In mid 00s there were a lot of Eastern Europeans .

Mexico is critical of Trump's immigration wall/plan.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/aug/19/mexico-condemns-donald-trump-immigration-plan

Below is an article from this month saying that Mexican politicians are critical of US treatment of Mexican migrants; it then goes on to say how Mexico treats its own Central American migrants worse.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/06/15/immigrants-mexico-abused-kidnapped/85798440/

US immigration policy in regards to Mexico is decided on by the establishment in both countries . Ofcourse Mexicans looking for jobs are also part of this decision process but if the US and Mexico really wanted to, they could make it very much harder for migrants to cross over illegaly.

1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_immigration_to_the_United_Kingdom#European_Union

Its not unfettered migration.

2.- The president was criticizing Trump speech, particularly the whole build a fucking wall on our dime or the all immigrants are rapists.

3.- That article doesnt specifies which politicians and as i said before Mexican southern border control policy is dictated by Washington.

4.- Im not denying Mexicans are without any hyporisy, but the notion that we are a double faced nation that refuses to acknowledge migration mistreatment is a joke. Cartels and corrupt officials love to jack them out of their money.

5.- As i said before we didnt really cracked on immigration until the US told Mexico to do so.

674.jpg

Gotta put a stop to this whole democracy nonsense...
In some cases, the mob needs a check. Republics ftw.
The hypocrisy of seeing the political left, who has traditionally been against free trade because it exploits sweatshop labor and hurts the poor-lower middle class at home, suddenly become the most pro-free trade experts ever, going even further than Milton Friedman... Yes, this is a perfect example as to how the left has completely lost its way.
On the contrary, the faction of the right that holds this perception has shifted so far that they forgot what used to be on the other side of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back