• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BREXIT Discussion v2.0: In Stunning Decision, Britain Votes to Leave the European Union.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The older generations also remember being 18-24 and how embarrassingly naive they were at the time. I have seen no evidence to believe the average 18-24 year old has gotten any wiser than the youth of the past. How can they be wise? Most of them have not been married, raised families, stayed with a job for years, and observed how things have changed over time.

I am more than tired of the ridiculous youth worship that has been pushed for decades now.

Actually no, people are extremely blurry about things that happened a few years ago, thats why nostalgia goggles is a thing.

Yep, maybe I'm just "to" dumb...

52% voted for Brexit. I guess they're all dumb, too.

Being "to" dumb to know what is best is a rather convenient answer for those spewing it. Why take the time to reflect on why people might want to leave the EU and even criticize the smug behavior of your own side when you can can chalk it all up to people being too dumb.

They did it because of "immigration" thats at least the rethoric being used here.
Im kinda understanding Trumps fascination with building a wall lol

Yep, seen if before with Russia and Ukraine.

Yep, I've been saying for a couple of years now the situation wrt Ukraine - Russia is analogous to Scotland - UK. They have made up a fake history for both countries and turned closely-related peoples against each other with it.

People like this have been being militarily and politically defeated every decade or so for 400 years now in Scotland (actually right back to the dark ages in other contexts). As unlike England and Wales Scotland was founded from a conglomeration of different ethnic groups. There has always been this division and tension.

Anyway as you said Scotland said no to independence (again) and no amount of whining from the left about the Evil English will change that. Just wait, you see how SNP got a landslide in the Scottish parliament then there was a referendum and the vote was no. If there's another vote it will be no again. Mayhem Monkey seems to be a fan of Ireland so if he is unhappy with the will of the Scottish people nothing is stopping him from hopping on a ferry.
aw..... Ive clearly upset our member from the orange lodge, just let it out buddeh. dont let it consume you

Im kinda understanding Trumps fascination with building a wall lol

At least most Americans dont blame NAFTA or the WTO for immigration. They blame Mexico which is ok in my book, they can build a wall as long as i get to enjoy the benefits of a globalized economy.

AKA being able to buy things from anywhere in the world at reasonable prices.

When it comes to politics i am skeptical about everything, everyone should be.

So given these 2 scenarios:

1) The 'Remain' side is planting tweets to make it look like people were uninformed and regret their decisions

or

2) Some people were really uninformed and regret their decisions

You believe choice 1 is more reasonable?

Being "to" dumb to know what is best is a rather convenient answer for those spewing it. Why take the time to reflect on why people might want to leave the EU and even criticize the smug behavior of your own side when you can can chalk it all up to people being too dumb.

Because the reason of leaving the EU was not economic in nature, it was because of immigration, which against has fuck all to do with the EU.

London being the NYC of the old continent was the reason why it was filled with rich assholes from everywhere around the world. Not the EU.

LOL, what a retarded notion. If anything globalism hurts the common man in third world countries by creating artificially high prices on internationally traded goods.

About 400,000 Chinese went from being horridly poor farmers, to very poor over worked factory workers. Same with.. All the other people in third world countries that make crap in low standard factories now. Globalization was built, in part, to make (still lower class) consumers out of people in third world countries. Don't be daft.

No, the American standard of living has dropped.

The only positive thing of this is probably going to be a drop on Scotch prices due to the UK taking a big economic hit.

Because the reason of leaving the EU was not economic in nature, it was because of immigration, which against has fuck all to do with the EU.

London being the NYC of the old continent was the reason why it was filled with rich assholes from everywhere around the world. Not the EU.

From my understanding it was mainly about national sovereignty, cultural identity and then a mix of other reasons including immigration policy.

From my understanding it was mainly about national sovereignty, cultural identity and then a mix of other reasons including immigration policy.
the main thing driving this was immigration, and all the slimy rhetoric that followed.

About 400,000 Chinese went from being horridly poor farmers, to very poor over worked factory workers. Same with.. All the other people in third world countries that make crap in low standard factories now. Globalization was built, in part, to make (still lower class) consumers out of people in third world countries. Don't be daft.

No, the American standard of living has dropped.

Yes, the evil chinese forcing you to buy cheap goods with their subsidized slave labour, Alas, poor Americans having to deal with their fiat currency being more valuable than fucking gold.

American standard of living has fuck all to do with globalism, productivity has increased, GDP per capita has increased, if there is a drop in the standard of living is because you are being fucked up in the ass by your own elite and you still buy the lies they sell to you every election.

1.- How does leaving the EU solves UK immigration policy?

2.- Mexico hasnt lectured anyone for years now.

3.- Immigration policy in Mexico is being dictated by Washington. Obama ordered Mexico to close its southern border after the 2014 surge.

The EU's human rights laws and unfettered travel for EU members within the EU . I used to live in London and have been there many times. London was way different in the early 90s vs. mid 00s. In mid 00s there were a lot of Eastern Europeans .

Mexico is critical of Trump's immigration wall/plan.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/aug/19/mexico-condemns-donald-trump-immigration-plan

Below is an article from this month saying that Mexican politicians are critical of US treatment of Mexican migrants; it then goes on to say how Mexico treats its own Central American migrants worse.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/06/15/immigrants-mexico-abused-kidnapped/85798440/

US immigration policy in regards to Mexico is decided on by the establishment in both countries . Ofcourse Mexicans looking for jobs are also part of this decision process but if the US and Mexico really wanted to, they could make it very much harder for migrants to cross over illegaly.

What I am getting out of that is that the vote Remain crowd should have known what the EU was before they voted to stay.

Yes! And people being un-informed is precisely why a vote as important as this should have to be passed through a general referendum and the legislative branch of their government.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back