Breaking: GOP Removing Protection for Pre-Existing Conditions from AHA...

They could save 1.6 Trillion by repealing Obamacare and replacing it with nothing

Maybe or it cost them more in terns of related losses as lack of care negatively impacts productivity and slows growth.

Yeah, socialized medicine is such a disaster. That's why for the last 30 years the most persistent topic of debate across the rest of the civilized world besides America has been how to get rid of that damned socialized medicine!
Just like Americans have spent the last 30 years not worried about healthcare at all. Really, just reveling in our freedom.

But please, tell me more about how businesses always operate with the public's best interests at heart. You are just banking credibility with that one...

That's fucking hilarious. I have spent 3 years in Canada, a few in England and Ireland, and 7 or 8 in Scotland. I had no real complaints. Perhaps some of the offices were in buildings that are a little older, but that's because the buildings are just fucking older there. You sometimes had to deal with the occasional dreg waiting on his methadone since they treat addicts there instead of imprisoning them, but that was about the worst of it. The care was fine.

And you are right, you don't see these societies clamoring to pay 50% more for free market healthcare.

People like me would be fucked.
"Sorry your have epilepsy, that's your problem. Here's a big fuck you to suck on. "

Or you can shop around rather than feel entitled to fucking everything.

Very few countries including Australia guarantee great coverage of you have pre existing.

Get a fucking grip you entitled babies.

And you are right, you don't see these societies clamoring to pay 50% more for free market healthcare.

You can also still do that. Socialized medicine sounds like some Soviet-style system.
People can still go out and buy private health insurance. The sky is the limit in terms of benefit you get if you pay for it.
Health care is a very small political issue in most of Europe.

You can also still do that. Socialized medicine sounds like some Soviet-style system.
People can still go out and buy private health insurance. The sky is the limit in terms of benefit you get if you pay for it.
Health care is a very small political issue in most of Europe.
That is very true. I had a private plan in all 3 countries that cost me buttons, like $60.00 a month. It would have given me a lot more options if anything really serious happened to me.

In the USA, you have the right to:
  • free speech
  • freedom of assembly
  • freedom of religion
  • freedom from unreasonable search and seizure
  • a fair trial
  • bear arms
  • public education
  • freedom from discrimination on the basis of ethnicity, country of origin, and religion
You do not have the right to health care.

The ACA was the first step towards making health care a privilege.

If anything, this move cements that house Republicans do not give a shit about the people whose interests they were elected to represent.

Very few countries including Australia guarantee great coverage of you have pre existing.

And this, folks, is how you get to 25K posts with only 3K likes:
Be humorless, unrealistic, ill-informed, and as big of an asshole possible about it.

How and why is Trump pushing the timeline on this so hard?

And why the hell is Congress allowing it? Why would they not take as much time as they need? The President sets Congressional agenda, schedule, and timelines now?
Because their chances become smaller every minute. If they sit on this, they're giving Republicans time to go home and get grilled by their constituents. People DO NOT WANT THIS. The subject is becoming increasingly more politically damaging. They don't want any more congressmen to realize they might me commiting political suicide by supporting it.

I just want to be the first one (to my knowledge) to call this. I hope my friends on the right side of the aisle, particularly the far right, take it as a cautionary note.

In Obama's 8 years, the annual number of abortions in the US has decreased by 25%. More, WAY MORE than any president in history.

Just out of curiosity, what do you think is going to happen when insurance companies are again allowed to sell policies without pregnancy and maternity coverage? And at the same time leave millions of women uninsured altogether?

I am going to go out on a limb and say if this legislation passes, it will add 200,000 abortions per year to the tally by the end of his first term. And that is a conservative guess, as the annual number with the ACA in place has gone down nearly 300,000

Get ready for the abortion rate to explode my pro life buddies.

And this, folks, is how you get to 25K posts with only 3K likes:
Be humorless, unrealistic, ill-informed, and as big of an asshole possible about it.

They only implemented the likes system when I was 24000 posts in.

And who cares how many likes you get? I'm right. That's the reality. No country and its companies are going to guarantee you some brilliant healthcare if you're coming in with a shit tonne of illnesses. That's bad business.

Perhaps my tone is rude but this entitlement bullshit is very ugly.

So what do you imagine your health insurance might cost you if you are unlucky enough to currently have cancer?

LOL Trumpcare is a simple admission that the anti ACA stuff was nothing more than a political boogeyman to score gotcha points.

If the ACA was so bad it would need just a repeal, that's it. But what we now have is another sludge healthcare compromise that's just a bit meaner than Obamacare. Their is not vision here at all.

It's a fucking mess. But none of trump's core supporters really thought he would live up to his promises on healthcare, I just wonder how this is all playing out with that 5% of Americans needed to get off this crazy train in 4 years.

Time to sell that iphone amirite?

You honestly don't see any truth or value to that statement?

I dunno. Let me go count the net worth of my Dale Earnhardt Collectible Plates and the singing fish plague and I'll get back to you.

Not even a little. I guess the only people who Republican's feel have a right to live are unborn clusters of cells.

I don't think anyone is arguing against people having fiscal responsibility. But that specific argument is a cynical smoke screen designed to throw people off the scent of the profiteers. If I don't have insurance and I get a heart condition or some such, pawning my phone wouldn't even cover the costs of printing off my diagnosis.

Let them eat iPhones.

I just want to be the first one (to my knowledge) to call this. I hope my friends on the right side of the aisle, particularly the far right, take it as a cautionary note.

In Obama's 8 years, the annual number of abortions in the US has decreased by 25%. More, WAY MORE than any president in history.

Just out of curiosity, what do you think is going to happen when insurance companies are again allowed to sell policies without pregnancy and maternity coverage? And at the same time leave millions of women uninsured altogether?

I am going to go out on a limb and say if this legislation passes, it will add 200,000 abortions per year to the tally by the end of his first term. And that is a conservative guess, as the annual number with the ACA in place has gone down nearly 300,000

Get ready for the abortion rate to explode my pro life buddies.
this should be followed VERY closely.

So what do you imagine your health insurance might cost you if you are unlucky enough to currently have cancer?

I wasn't a fucking moron and since I'm not a fucking moron I invested in my personal health by taking out my own private health insurance when I was a teenager and ever since then I've been paying a large sum of money every month to make certain that in the event I get hit by a bus or get a disease that I will be able to get treatment without having to sell my house.

You expect to just have breast cancer and walk into a firm and think they're just gonna start paying for all of your chemo. The hell fairy land are you people living in.

Now I'm not going to speak for the new gop health bill as it's still pretty ambiguous but this wouldn't be an issue for ANYONE if people took out their own damn insurance long ago.

It's not that difficult. Insurance is the most important necessity in life. I'd take the fucking bus every day and not purchase a car if it meant I could pay for great coverage.

Obama was right when he told people to not buy the new phones if it meant getting good coverage.

Why is everyone so entitled. Trump is right. Shop around for your healthcare. Companies should be able to compete for your business. That's what everyone I know did.

And yes. I know insurance companies are thieves. We all know. But more competition between them will mean better deals and that's what trump was at least trying to do.

Because when a business tries maximising it's profits the best way to get business is to act in the interest of it's target market? And as long as it's target markets interests are served and it doesn't adversely affect other people (and I'm being strict on 'adversely affecting', I'm speaking more about things like the enviroment. I don't consider a business making another redundant through innovation as adversely affecting) then I see no problem. When Sony designs a console they want the best console they can make given the price they will sell it at, you know, acting in the potential gamers' best interests. I'm certain the higher ups in Sony who aren't involved in the production of playstations don't give a fuck about how good the console is, just how much money it makes but it just so happens the best way to do that is by serving the people. Examples would be Fair trade coffee, paper companies that plant a certain amount of trees for every one they cut down, companies such as this http://www.solarroadways.com/Home/Index capitalising on the fact that the public in general want to use renewable energy. I'd like if you could give some examples of businesses acting within the law that go against the people's interests.
Seriously? How about the tobacco industry pumping out "study" after "study" to try to discredit academia and create doubt about the fact their products caused Cancer? Even when they KNEW their products without a doubt caused cancer.

I have said it the whole time, you can't have it both ways.

We either bite the bullet, go universal healthcare and raise taxes a whole bunch, or go back to something like we had before and let people suffer.

Not one Republican voted for Obamacare. The Dems should of passed universal health care when they had the chance, but even the Dems don't care about America and its people that much.

Back