Breaking: GOP Removing Protection for Pre-Existing Conditions from AHA...

And people claim im crazy when i claim republicans dont have anything outside identity politics, this shitshow is proof of that.

I wasn't a fucking moron and since I'm not a fucking moron I invested in my personal health by taking out my own private health insurance when I was a teenager and ever since then I've been paying a large sum of money every month to make certain that in the event I get hit by a bus or get a disease that I will be able to get treatment without having to sell my house.

You expect to just have breast cancer and walk into a firm and think they're just gonna start paying for all of your chemo. The hell fairy land are you people living in.

Now I'm not going to speak for the new gop health bill as it's still pretty ambiguous but this wouldn't be an issue for ANYONE if people took out their own damn insurance long ago.

It's not that difficult. Insurance is the most important necessity in life. I'd take the fucking bus every day and not purchase a car if it meant I could pay for great coverage.

Obama was right when he told people to not buy the new phones if it meant getting good coverage.

Why is everyone so entitled. Trump is right. Shop around for your healthcare. Companies should be able to compete for your business. That's what everyone I know did.

And yes. I know insurance companies are thieves. We all know. But more competition between them will mean better deals and that's what trump was at least trying to do.

Way to miss the point. As Australian's our insurance is extremely cheap compared to the US, due to it's subsidised nature, price controls, and use of Medicare Scheme to control rebated fees.

The Australian Government also provides the Private Health Insurance Rebate to encourage people to take out Private Insurance. If you earn over the threshold you are effectively penalised via tax if you do not take out private health insurance.

It's easy to get on your high horse when you are not faced with the same cost hurdles.

Last edited:

Nobody is watching a 14 minute rant to see how much someone can spin Obama's statements.

Yes, people will not always prioritize health insurance when balancing their budget. It might seem unimportant to people who are healthy, and that creates a policy problem. This is known as adverse selection. Obama is right on the money.

What he didn't to was to be boneheaded enough to suggest a new iPhone was equivalent in cost to health insurance and that people could just stop buying phones and be insured. And he didn't talk about that while trying to take health insurance away from them.

You see, this isn't some gem you found. Most people here can weigh in on Obama's statements and not find them as nearly as stupid as Jason Chaffetz's. And most people don't need a 14 minute rant to educate them about it. Because they're not morons.

I've always said that a business president would be the best choice. Whether or not Trump is capable of doing so seems unlikely. But if I think that those principles are important for government and then pass on a candidate that, at least superficially, matches my rhetoric then I'm a hypocrite, imo. If he turns out to be awful (and that seems likely) then I have to revise some of my positions in the future because I'll have evidence that shows me I was wrong.

I can't preach an ideology and not put it to the test.

And yes driving the best bargain is exactly what I want my government to do with healthcare. But the best bargain for the government - which would mean maximum coverage for minimum expense. Of course, that's predicated on what someone thinks the role of government is because that determines whether or not the government have negotiated the best deal for itself.

If it's bargains you like, answer me this. What kind of prices could you negotiate for goods and services from multiple providers if you were 90% of the nations market for that good or service?

I just want to be the first one (to my knowledge) to call this. I hope my friends on the right side of the aisle, particularly the far right, take it as a cautionary note.

In Obama's 8 years, the annual number of abortions in the US has decreased by 25%. More, WAY MORE than any president in history.

Just out of curiosity, what do you think is going to happen when insurance companies are again allowed to sell policies without pregnancy and maternity coverage? And at the same time leave millions of women uninsured altogether?

I am going to go out on a limb and say if this legislation passes, it will add 200,000 abortions per year to the tally by the end of his first term. And that is a conservative guess, as the annual number with the ACA in place has gone down nearly 300,000

Get ready for the abortion rate to explode my pro life buddies.
Great post.

I work for an agency responsible for providing healthcare . . . we don't have enough providers in our facilities so those who we do have are overworked. Our facilities are crowded. The wait times are much longer than they should be. Not a recipe for great morale or attitudes.

The government is great at one thing . . . setting itself up for failure. Successful programs are hampered by new, unnecessary regulations meant to create a few jobs . . . but they totally handcuff any ability to focus on providing healthcare.

In the USA, you have the right to:
  • free speech
  • freedom of assembly
  • freedom of religion
  • freedom from unreasonable search and seizure
  • a fair trial
  • bear arms
  • public education
  • freedom from discrimination on the basis of ethnicity, country of origin, and religion
You do not have the right to health care.

The ACA was the first step towards making health care a privilege.

If anything, this move cements that house Republicans do not give a shit about the people whose interests they were elected to represent.

Where in the Constitution does it guarantee a right to free public education?

There are just too many underlying issues obstructing the path towards truly affordable healthcare
-social/empathy constructs that add emotional aspects of "people losing coverage" though they can not afford it.
-a massive pharmaceutical lobby that has obstructed other legislation that has direct effects on lowering healthcare costs
--http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/democrats-rush-to-prove-trump-right-on-big-pharma_us_5877edd4e4b0b3c7a7b05c29
The truth is a government, single payer system may be the only path forward.
-A single payer system in which the gov't has a massive incentive to rein in pharmaceutical companies ridiculous overpricing on all sorts of medicine
-a system in which operations, procedures, and other medical expenses are priced based on locale and are all within a 1% price range of each other for identical services
--There are too many cases where the cost disparity between identical procedures is at times upwards of 50%
(i.e. $10K at one hospital, $15K at a hospital in the same town, only a few miles away)
I have been a right leaning centrist the past couple of years and I think healthcare is just one of those things that you can't trust to the free market/competition anymore(political suicide), nor should tax payers be indirectly providing tax credits.
-the fair way to deal with this is a single payer system in which it is part of the government's expense
(we all pay taxes right? at least some of us haha)
This approach should help manage the growing healthcare costs much more easily, and even if regulations need to come about to deal with price gouging, so be it.
-Healthcare is just one of those items to which we do Either OR
(Either let Darwinism, survival of the fittest take its course, or we provide it full on and keep the costs down with a single payer system.)
If the gov't wants to get creative to address worsening health stature of US citizens, then tax more of those items which lead to more healthcare, and incentivize health habits.
(but this is a secondary objective)

I wasn't a fucking moron and since I'm not a fucking moron I invested in my personal health by taking out my own private health insurance when I was a teenager and ever since then I've been paying a large sum of money every month to make certain that in the event I get hit by a bus or get a disease that I will be able to get treatment without having to sell my house.

You expect to just have breast cancer and walk into a firm and think they're just gonna start paying for all of your chemo. The hell fairy land are you people living in.

Now I'm not going to speak for the new gop health bill as it's still pretty ambiguous but this wouldn't be an issue for ANYONE if people took out their own damn insurance long ago.

It's not that difficult. Insurance is the most important necessity in life. I'd take the fucking bus every day and not purchase a car if it meant I could pay for great coverage.

Obama was right when he told people to not buy the new phones if it meant getting good coverage.

Why is everyone so entitled. Trump is right. Shop around for your healthcare. Companies should be able to compete for your business. That's what everyone I know did.

And yes. I know insurance companies are thieves. We all know. But more competition between them will mean better deals and that's what trump was at least trying to do.
The old Republican LIE. The rest of the world has guaranteed basic healthcare.
main-qimg-a09b4bb42f107f197d72dfefee27fd55

Including several countries with more "economic freedom" than the US.
Heritage-2015-Index-EF.jpg

But tell a Republican that we need universal coverage and

mind-blown-crews.gif

Last edited:
GOP lied to their base (luckily they are retarded and can't remember any of the "promises" made during campaigns). They are just rewriting a few portions of the ACA which will have minimum benefit to anyone other than insurance companies. They campaigned on full repeal and NEVER at any point made an attempt at full repeal.

The old Republican LIE. The rest of the world has guaranteed basic healthcare.
main-qimg-a09b4bb42f107f197d72dfefee27fd55

Including several countries with more "economic freedom" than the US.
Heritage-2015-Index-EF.jpg

But tell a Republican that we need universal coverage and

mind-blown-crews.gif

Every country listed has extremely strict regulations that are basically against immigration. So is your head going to explode now too?

Every country listed has extremely strict regulations that are basically against immigration. So is your head going to explode now too?
Nope.

68668739.jpg

I'm actually not a political drone.

You want to tamp down on immigration, fine. Just let's have healthcare. (And get ready to pay for them avocados.)

I have said it the whole time, you can't have it both ways.

We either bite the bullet, go universal healthcare and raise taxes a whole bunch, or go back to something like we had before and let people suffer.

Not one Republican voted for Obamacare. The Dems should of passed universal health care when they had the chance, but even the Dems don't care about America and its people that much.

The amount you need to raise taxes for SP/UHC would probably be less than what we pay in insurance premiums right now. We would not have to pay a premium to insurance companies. We could pay drug companies WAY less, and we would be able to curbstomp the impact litigation and lawsuits have on Medical costs.

Ideally though this is something we could push to States. As Its too big and unwieldy for the bickering children in our Federal Government to handle.

Nobody is watching a 14 minute rant to see how much someone can spin Obama's statements.
Nobody other than you, I guess. And based on how hypocritical and blindly Team Democrat your reaction is, you better hope nobody else does.

Yes, people will not always prioritize health insurance when balancing their budget. It might seem unimportant to people who are healthy, and that creates a policy problem. This is known as adverse selection. Obama is right on the money.
Then so is Chavettz.

What he didn't to was to be boneheaded enough to suggest a new iPhone was equivalent in cost to health insurance and that people could just stop buying phones and be insured. And he didn't talk about that while trying to take health insurance away from them.
Obama didn't specifically say iPhone, you're right. He said cable bill and cell phone bill (suggesting they shouldn't have cable or any cell phone until they paid for Obamacare).

You see, this isn't some gem you found. Most people here can weigh in on Obama's statements and not find them as nearly as stupid as Jason Chaffetz's. And most people don't need a 14 minute rant to educate them about it. Because they're not morons.
I don't think you should be lumping in most people when you are clearly a biased hypocrite. And this video wasn't meant to educate people, just to remind them of the hypocrisy of the Democrats, why they lost and why they're on their way toward losing again in 2018, probably even 2020. Your rustled response adds some pizzazz to it, though, thank you.

Back