Brandon Quick (outspoken bravo student) challenged in the UG

You need an explanation? Watch his "Belt" promotion videos:

Despite their deliberate misrepresentation of the infamous "Shirt" promotion, is this guy really qualified to promote? I mean, if you're advertising it as a "Belt" promotion and the people you're promoting are supposed to be of Blue Belt equivalency...wouldn't the people you're representing want you to look like more than a blue belt yourself?

To be fair, the videos look like a purple/brown belt who is just stalling/feeding moves to a good white belt to see what he does. For example, when he goes for the half guard sweep it looks fairly clear that he can do what he wants, but you aren't going to get a chance to see the test-takers offense that way would you? That said he clearly doesn't do it with the finesse of someone like Roy Dean who does similar tests..

I think Brandon deserves some shit for the video he made dissing old "boring" jiu jitsu. But some of this hate has gotten a little overboard I think.

You need an explanation? Watch his "Belt" promotion videos:

Second video is particularly funny :icon_lol:.

Despite their deliberate misrepresentation of the infamous "Shirt" promotion, is this guy really qualified to promote? I mean, if you're advertising it as a "Belt" promotion and the people you're promoting are supposed to be of Blue Belt equivalency...wouldn't the people you're representing want you to look like more than a blue belt yourself?

Nothing wrong there. Seems ok to me.

So who promoted him? I heard (don't know how true it is) that if you become an affiliate under Bravo you go back a rank automatically (i.e; brown belt= purple shirt).

Well, from what people are saying, it sounds like instead of going down a rank, you go up two.

Nothing wrong there. Seems ok to me.

I agree partially with you. BQ is supposed to be just stalling and giving the guy openings. What is wrong is, i hope that guy didn't pass to get his blue. He looked aweful. Guys with 6 months experience move smoother than that guy.

Quick may not be 10thPJJ's best, but I mean damn, he's a brown shirt right??? That *does* mean that he's really solid, right??? People saying that Brandon isn't Eddie's best I think is downplaying the integrity of Eddie's brown shirts (because the purple shirt has already been degraded by Sensei Ari Bolden).

stop saying shirt

2) Brandon Quick claimed to have gotten his brown belt/shirt from Eddie Bravo

Fact: Brandon Quick never received a brown belt, or even a purple belt from Eddie Bravo.

That's weird. Where did this information come from? It seems weird that Eddie would let him run a 10th Planet School linked from the main 10th Planet site without having given him any kind of rank.

That's weird. Where did this information come from? It seems weird that Eddie would let him run a 10th Planet School linked from the main 10th Planet site without having given him any kind of rank.

Have you read this thread at all? The source of the information came from a person who posts here who actually trains at 10thPJJ, thats where it came from. And no, I will not stop saying shirt, because thats what i've heard Eddie himself refer to it as during a few sessions that I trained with him.

As for the other guy saying that Brandon looked like a brown/black belt giving feeds, have you ever personally rolled with a Brown/Black Belt on a regular basis? Brown/Black belts dont look like that one bit. Much smoother, much more decisiveness, much more finesse, and not as rough around the edges. Brandon Quick was breathing like he was in a NAGA match.

Speaking of NAGA matches, here goes his NAGA match for those that saw nothing wrong with his technique, and thinks he's a brown belt/SHIRT:

YouTube - Brandon Quick NAGA Round 1

That ^^^^^^^^^^^^ there is *NOT* how a brown belt moves.

This shit with "this guy on another forum that I linked to said bla bla...and this other guy said this other guy said bla bla" isn't exactly good evidence. You'll notice that the other forums have deleted the sewing-circle gossip and challenge threads.

The only good source is seeing/hearing Eddie Bravo or JJ Machado making a statement. The rest is just hearsay. And seeing as how serious people on this board take gossip, and considering that a lot of people's reputations and livelihood's are on the line here, this is getting ridiculous.

DarceBrabo you should stop this bullshit and get on the horn to BQ, EB, or JJ and get them to post here. Until one of them clears the air personally, it's just a bunch of faceless, nameless people on their computers talking shit about real life people.

Posting links to fights is one thing, people can make an educated (?) decision based on what they see. You're anonymous here, everyone could just be making up shit and running their mouth because they feel that their hobby is being insulted by another form of their hobby.

In case you didn't get that, bjj = a hobby. The only people it isn't a hobby for are guys like BQ, EB, and JJ who make their living off it. So the hobbyists should back off from posting rumors and gossiping about the real world people. Asking questions is fine, making accusations based on "inside sources posting online" is pretty lame.

I see nothing wrong with the blue belt test video. Also his Naga video was in the advanced division, yet no one seems to give credit to his opponents for being any good.

For all the rubber guard haters, every time they see some one use it and get passed they claim how much it sucks, but how often do you see someone have an opponent in regular guard and not submit them or get passed. Look at the UFC for example how often do you see a match with one guy on top in guard smashing the guy on the bottom. No one says that the guard is useless, no one even tries to understand why it didn

This shit with "this guy on another forum that I linked to said bla bla...and this other guy said this other guy said bla bla" isn't exactly good evidence. You'll notice that the other forums have deleted the sewing-circle gossip and challenge threads.

The only good source is seeing/hearing Eddie Bravo or JJ Machado making a statement. The rest is just hearsay. And seeing as how serious people on this board take gossip, and considering that a lot of people's reputations and livelihood's are on the line here, this is getting ridiculous.

DarceBrabo you should stop this bullshit and get on the horn to BQ, EB, or JJ and get them to post here. Until one of them clears the air personally, it's just a bunch of faceless, nameless people on their computers talking shit about real life people.

Posting links to fights is one thing, people can make an educated (?) decision based on what they see. You're anonymous here, everyone could just be making up shit and running their mouth because they feel that their hobby is being insulted by another form of their hobby.

In case you didn't get that, bjj = a hobby. The only people it isn't a hobby for are guys like BQ, EB, and JJ who make their living off it. So the hobbyists should back off from posting rumors and gossiping about the real world people. Asking questions is fine, making accusations based on "inside sources posting online" is pretty lame.

well stated

Have you read this thread at all? The source of the information came from a person who posts here who actually trains at 10thPJJ, thats where it came from. And no, I will not stop saying shirt, because thats what i've heard Eddie himself refer to it as during a few sessions that I trained with him.

As for the other guy saying that Brandon looked like a brown/black belt giving feeds, have you ever personally rolled with a Brown/Black Belt on a regular basis? Brown/Black belts dont look like that one bit. Much smoother, much more decisiveness, much more finesse, and not as rough around the edges. Brandon Quick was breathing like he was in a NAGA match.

Speaking of NAGA matches, here goes his NAGA match for those that saw nothing wrong with his technique, and thinks he's a brown belt/SHIRT:

YouTube - Brandon Quick NAGA Round 1

That ^^^^^^^^^^^^ there is *NOT* how a brown belt moves.

To be fair they both look like blue belts

^^ Yup, I saw white belt attempts to pull guard, an armdrag in wich he used only his arms, little hip movement, a lot of spazzy action and his open guard didnt' seem any good.

^^ Yup, I saw white belt attempts to pull guard, an armdrag in wich he used only his arms, little hip movement, a lot of spazzy action and his open guard didnt' seem any good.

SWEET. I am good as a brown belt then.

:redface:

For all the rubber guard haters, every time they see some use it and get passed they claim how much it sucks, but how often do you see someone have an opponent in regular guard and not submit them or get passed. Look at the UFC for example how often do you see a match with one guy on top in guard smashing the guy on the bottom. No one says that the guard is useless, no one even tries to understand why it didn

Back